Chapter 49

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 

 

 got furious this morning with my conversation with Sunggyu. But he said he's sorry, so yeah. It's just that, why would he say that? I don't even know what I'm going to choose. If I should marry Jaehyun or should I just runaway? And if I runaway, will I go with Sunggyu or not? Choosing wasn't easy.

 

The only concrete choice I have is to have this baby with me and keep him well. I'll love him from the depths of my heart. Because he came from me and he is surely out of love. How fine it would be seeing a little version of me or Sunggyu around, right? Haaa~ just the thought of that makes me smile and excited. And having that kind of thought lets me forget about my disappointment.

Oh well, maybe it was just the hormones. I have read a lot of books about pregnancy and I think this was just normal. And I wish I could just tell Sunggyu, so he could understand more of me and my situation. But it wasn't that easy.

 

"Ma'am." I was out of my deep thoughts when I heard Jieun eonni calling out for me.

"Yes. What is it?" I asked her and arranged my things on my desk.

"These are the things we need to check. And President Kim wants to talk to you. He's outside now Ma'am." She said non-stop as she puts down the folders on my desk.

"Oh. Let him in." What does he need right now?

Few moments later, I saw Jaehyun walking through my door.

I stood up and welcomed him. He kissed my cheek

"Hi." I said and offered him to sit on the couch.

"So, how's the bidding?" He said and sat down.

"Went fine. I guess." I shrugged and sat down opposite him. He put down the basket of fruits on the table in front of us. He nodded at the process.

"Ah." He leaned back on the couch and cleared his throat.

"Oh, do you want some tea or coffee? Or anything?" I asked. I forgot to ask him what he wants to drink.

"No. I was just about to ask for lunch today. And go out to buy our rings."

"Oh. Lunch and . .rings." I hesitate.

He nodded and waited for my reply.

"Oh, it's okay if you're busy, we could just go any other day soon."

"No, it's alright. I am free until later at two." He nodded and smiled. He is a good man, and I feel so guilty about it.

"And by the way, tomorrow." He paused and I looked at him as I pick up my purse.

"We need to check for the flowers. I know we hired someone to do it but I think it would be better if we can go and see for ourselves." He shrugged. I pressed my lips in a thin line. It wouldn't be a bad idea of we do it, and I don't have any schedule for tomorrow morning. But do I really have to go until there? Look, there's a big probability that this wedding won't push through considering that I am pregnant with another guy. It's foolish enough for me to just welcome and let Jaehyun kiss me a few minutes ago.

"Okay. What time would that be?" Damn Heeseol! You're an idiot. I was just arguing with myself about how guilty I am, then now? I agreed about the flower thingy tomorrow? Ha! I want to slap myself for it.

"Maybe at nine? I'll pick you up here." He said. I nodded and stood up picking my handbag with me and Jaehyun stood up too.

We ate at a fancy restaurant just a few blocks away from the company and Jehyun had been so sweet. But I don't take his sweetness in a romantic way. And that's why I feel so bad. I wanted to cry because I am so evil. I just wanted to tell him that we should stop this but I couldn't bring myself telling him right away. I wanted to break it to him gently, gentle as him. But I am running out of time. The wedding is approaching near and it's getting harder and harder each day.

"What do you think Heeseol?" I blinked and look at him as he scans the glasses with the pair of rings behind.

"Ha?"

"I mean, is there something that caught your eyes yet?" Now he glanced at me and smiled. The light from the rings were reflecting on his face making it appear brighter. Sunggyu and him really look the same. The genes they share are prominent and it wouldn't deny in any way that they're brothers.

"So far, none yet. How about you? Anything would be nice, they're all pretty." I said blankly and for that, I mentally facepalmed myself. It's coming back again, my old self whenever I'm with Jaehyun. He nodded and smiled.

"Excuse me." Jeahyun said to the staff and pointed to the gold rings with engraved curved lines for the man and a molded version with a diamond wrapped by the lines for the lady. I think it's more of the art nouveau style.

"Can we try those?"

The staff then placed the box in front of us and Jaehyun picked up the molded one.

"Try it. You should put it on you, it would be more special if I will put it on you on our wedding day and not now." He smiled. I nodded and got the ring from him. I put it on and it fitted perfectly. I frowned to the idea that I am fitting a ring with somebody else and not Sunggyu.

"That looks good on you." Jaehyun complimented and I looked at him. I smiled briefly and nodded. It really looks good on me. And how I wish Sunggyu was the one who chose it for me.

Jaehyun then picked up his ring and put it on his finger. He scanned it briefly and he smiled.

"We should find some other rings, I wanted to give you the best ring that would look good on you." He winked at me. I smiled at him. I removed the ring on my finger and scanned the glass.

"Can you set this aside? We would check out more and compare them. Thank you." He told the staff.

Jaehyun suggested two more pairs. One with simple line engraved to them and one with stones to it and matted.

"So which one Heeseol?" He looked at me. I bit my lips not really sure what am I going to do. I wanted to go out, I feel so suffocated. How will I end this?

"Jaehyun-sshi, let's just get the first one." I said lowly. Jaehyun smiled and nodded.

"I'll be waiting for you there." I pointed at the sofa on the corner and he nodded again and paid for the rings.

I feel so dizzy right now so I have to sit down. I think I have stressed myself too much.

"Hey, are you feeling alright? I could call Jieun and tell you're not feeling well so you can rest in your house once I drop you off there." He suggested as he started the engine of his car.

"No, I'm okay." I said and leaned back on the seat.

"You look so pale though." He glanced at me briefly.

"I think it was due to the works I had to finiash lately, but I'm fine. I swear." I assured him as we went to the road to the company.

I just closed my eyes and I think Jaehyun noticed it so he just kept quiet the whole ride. He walked me till my office and bidded goodbye to me.

I know. He was so good to me nowadays and it only adds more guiltiness to me. I wanted to push him away, but I think the more I push him away, the more he would bring his self to me. I couldn't blame him, he was just a victime like me.

Later that afternoon, my father went to the company and asked me the proceedings of the bidding.

"The Chois won and that's transparent. I would lay every single paper they have submitted to us to prove they won." I told him. He was arguing with me about how did Minhwan won.

"Ok ok. I told you already Heeseol, once they knew that you and Minhwan are meeting occassionally, they would question it."

"Father!" I closed my eyes after I heard myself raised my voice calling at him.

"Chairman, it was just a friendly visit and nothing more. We weren't discussing anything about the company or whatever about the bidding." I explained to him

"Do you think they would believe it Heeseol, when you told them that? I doubt." He shakes his head and sipped from his cup of tea.

"You know the Chois are capable of doing the project and that's it. They fought fair and won. But if you want another company to have the project then I'll leave it to you, I'll resign." I said without thinking, and now, I don't regret it. What came out to my mouth might help me or not, I don't care. I am full of it, full of everything.

"What did you say? Are you threatening me now?" He said and looked at me sharply. I just had to stand on my ground, that's it.

"If that's what it sounds to you Father, then let it be." I told him without blinking my eyes.

"Okay then." He stood up and cleared his throat. What does he mean by that?

"Don't forget that you have an appointment with your wedding planner tomorrow." He approached the door and Mr. Jung opened it for him. But before he could go out he stopped.

"I don't doubt you. If the Chois won because they really are qualified, I don't doubt it too. Just be ready and careful." He said and went out. I blinked my eyes and breathe in and out deeply.

-

"President Lee, no matter what, we are going to support you. We are on your side." Mr. Song said as he leaned back on his chair. He is one of the stockholders in our company. With the other two stockholders who agreed to sell their stocks to me, Mr. Park and Mr. Lee, we are having our secret meeting.

"Thank you for entrusting it to me and for believing in me."

We are now on the final phase, we are signing contracts now with our respective lawyers.

"After I leave the company, I'll make sure that someone capable and trustworthy will take over my position. You know, I can't leave without an assurance that everyone is in good hands. I already talked to Vice President Jung about the taking over and he's on our side too." All of them looked at each other.

"Don't worry, he doesn't know that you sold your stocks to me. It's a very confidential thing, I can't just tell it to somebody else. Besides, it's on our contract." I answered assuringly. I know that their trust wasn't a hundred percent, but I'm still thankful to them.

We ended the meeting and I let them leave first to avoid any mistakes we don't want to appear on the newspapers tomorrow.

 

I left the restaurant and went home. Sunggyu texted me that he won't be around tonight because his mother wanted him to go home tonight. So technically I am home alone. It would be a good thing thougj, I could think of many things about my life and rest. I know my baby is stressed too, and I don't want that. I am responsible for anything that might happen to this precious angel in my womb.

 

The first stage is now off. The stockholders have signed the contract. I just needed enough time and I could go away. I hope I could finish it before the week of the wedding. After that I could leave quietly. It's just that I don't have any idea where I should go. So I just browsed the internet.

 

 

Morning came and I had to prepare for an ealry meeting and later I have to meet the planner with Jaehyun.

"So, these are the best choices we can give you for the flowers." Boram, the wedding planner, said.

"What do you think?" Jaehyun glanced at me and tapped his chin.

"Just choose, anything is fine with me." I said, uninterested at all.

"Are you okay, Heeseol?" He put his palm on my head but I moved it away and stepped a little away from him.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"You looked so pale." He stepped forward. "You can rest for a while, let's continue this if you feel fine." He walked us to the couch near and Boram followed us. 

I am not fine at all. I'm not fine with anything at all, to be honest.

I feel so sick inside, it felt like my intestines will go out of my stomach.

"Just, I want to go to the comfort room." I mumbled lifelessly and tried to stand up.

Jaehyun helped me up and I held his hand.

"Let me accompany you, President Lee." Boram helped me with Jaehyun.

When we reached the toilet, Jaehyun left outside and Boram went with me.

I spilled out everything I ate this morning and Boram tapped my back as I puke out.

When I was done, she helped me up and lead me to the sink. I washed my face and gargled.

"Are you feeling well now Ma'am?" She asked me. I nodded and fixed myself.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

"Omona! Are you okay Ma'am?." Jieun barged inside the toilet and went to me. I nodded and she held my hands.

"What did you eat this morning?" She asked me.

"I had an omelet." I said simply and started to walk.

"You should have healthier meals Ma'am, you work more now." She said and we reached out. Jaehyun was standing outside with his worried face.

"Do you want to go to the hospital or anything?" He walked towards me but I held my hand out and stopped him.

"No. I just want to go home. Let's do this some other time." I said. I know that this only happened because of my pregnancy and nothing else.

"Let me drive you then." He offered.

I shook my head no.

"No, thank you. They'll drive me home." I bid my goodbye to Jaehyun and Boram.

 

When I reached home, I went straight to bed and asked Jieun eonni to buy me some food so she left right away.

My phone ringed and it's Jiwon.

"Yah. What happened to you?" I heard her on the other line.

"What's with that voice?" I answered back at her rolling my eyes.

"I called Jieun eonni to ask her if you're busy but she said no, and she informed me everything."

"Maybe it's just my baby, that's why. You know, it's not easy being pregnant." I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I'll come over, wait me there." She ended the phone call.

Then when I tudned around my bed, I saw my mother standing by my door frame, shock evident to her face. I abruptly got up despite of my state.

"Eomma--" That's the only word that came out of my mouth.

"You are pregnant?" She asked almost like a whisper. I don't know what to say as I was equally stunned.

I can't find my words and it's clear that I am caught. I can't deny it anymore, she heard it directly from me.

I nodded and bowed my head down.

"Oh my God!" I looked at her as I heard her gasped. She put her hand over and tears escaped from her eyes. She walked towards my bed and sat beside me to hug me. I returned her hug. She is still sobbing.

"Eomma." A tear too escaped from my eyes.

She broke the hug and held my arms. She looked at me.

"No wonder you got sick this morning, well Jieun called me and told me what happened to you. She said, if I could come by." She rubbed my arms and smiled at me. Oh mother, you won't forgive me of what I did.

"So did you tell Jaehyun already? You guys move so fast, huh?" She chuckled a bit and sniffed.

I shook my head and bowed down again.

"Why not? Oh, are you planning to tell him after the wedding?"

"Eomma. I can't and I won't" I said finally, still not looking up.

A long pause was there before I heard her speak again.

"What do you mean you. . .omo! Don't tell me. .he's. ." I looked at her but she just stood up again and paced around my bedroom.

"Eomma. ." I said as I start to cry again.

"Who is the father of that child?!" She said, trying to be calm but failed as her voice sounded authorative and strict. My hands trembled. I shook my head as I sob endlessly.

No way I would tell them who. They would kill him for sure. Knowing that we did this behind Jaehyun, that would be unforgiveable.

"Lee Heeseol! Who is it?!!" She shouted it now making me flinch on my bed.

"Eomma, I can't tell you who." My voice flared and more sobs came out from me.

"My goodness Heeseol! What have you done?!" She held her forehead and sat on the couch across my bed.

"I can't imagine that you can do this! Where did I go wrong when I raised you?!" She exclaimed and breathe in and out deeply and slowly. I just sobbed on the bed like a child and held my stomach as if someone would take my baby away from me.

I know that this day will come. I know that I would hear such words from them. And I would take them strongly for my baby.

"How long have you been pregnant?" I looked at my mother who sounded now so calm. Her face is still serious but I can sense she softened a bit.

"I'm on my seventh week now." I said simply and wiped my tears.

"Did the father of that child knew that you're marrying someone else?" I nodded.

"Then how come the two of you did that?! Oh goodness Heeseol! This is the only time you've been careless!" She said. It was a night that I have been careless. And I didn't expect it to turned out to be like this, turn out to be a baby. But, what can I do? Maybe God gave me this angel for a reason.

"Did he, atleast, knew about it?" I heard her speak again. I bowed my head down.

"N-no." I stuttered. A sigh came from my mother, I know it's a heavy sigh of frustration. She doesn't want to say any words again, I'm sure of that.

"Why? Why don't you tell him? Do you not love him enough?" Her voice became softer.

"I do. But, I don't think he deserves me, nor this baby." I said. I felt my mother walk and sat beside me and hugged me again. She rubbed my back as tears flow down my cheeks.

Yes. I don't think, not yet, that he deserves to know about us. That's the answer to my question why I can't tell Sunggyu just yet. I have to know that he's breaking the promise again. I need to know that he'll be there. I need to know if he's ready for this responsibility. But Heeseol, do you think he didn't even thpught of that when the two of you did it? Did he have thoughts about you getting pregnant? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

 

A moment later, we heard the door ringed and I checked it, it's Jiwon.

"Oh gpodness, why are you crying?!" She exclaimed when she saw me on the foyer. She ran to me and hugged me as I sob.

"Heeseol-ah, what's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" She rubbed my back and patted it. I nodded and sobbed. I am so thankful that I had a best friend like her, who is like a sister to me. I don't know what will happen to me if I don't have her and Minhwan oppa around.

 

"So, Jiwon you knew about it too?" Mother said firmly as she eyed Jiwon who was now looking at the floor. She nodded briefly and squeezed my hand.

"Goodness! I think, everyone knows except for me! How about Jieun, did she happen to know about your pregnancy too?"

I shook my head no. "Only a few people knew about this." I said shortly.

"And you don't even bother telling it to me? Come on, I'm your mother!" She countered back.

Yes, she's my mother, and that's why I'm scared of telling her. She might go crazy because of me.

"Then, how about the father of thia child, do you know him too?" She asked Jiwon. Jiwon looked at me. I shook my head and furrowed my brows. She got my hint and sighed.

"Eomonim, she will tell you, but she have to gain courage first. It wasn't even easy to her when she admitted it to me, what more to you and Abeonim? And as for the guy, I don't know. She didn't tell me." I heard Jiwon said. I looked at her and she softly smiled at me. I looked at mother and she just closed her eyes and a tear escaped.

"What wrong did we do for this to happen to you?" She mumbled. I stood up and went beside her and hugged her. She's crying.

Out of all the saddest scenes, seeing your mother cry is one of the worst things you'll ever encounter. And what more, if it's because of you.

"Eomma, I am so sorry ?" I whispered to her and rubbed her back.

"Do you want to continue the wedding?" We broke the hug and held each other's hands.

"Eomma. At this state? I can't let Jaehyun take the responsibility of having something that he didn't do. I don't want my child to grow knowing some other man as his father. That wouldn't be good, not at all. And. ." I sighed and looked at her. "I don't know if Jaehyun will still accept me after this." She nodded and caressed my hair.

"I can't do anything but to support you with your decisions, my daughter. If you tell your father about this, I'll be on your side. Don't worry." I nodded at her and hugged her.

"Thank you mom." I mumbled.

I am so thankful that I had a mother like her. It's hard to confess something that you have to hide, especially to your parents. And having a child without even marrying is one of the things that are hard to admit to them. But even if I hide, it will always be revealed.

Now that my mother knew about my pregnancy, telling it to my father is a great problem. He will search until the ends of the world just to find who is the father of this child. I know what he's capable of and I need to be careful with that. And one thing to protect Sunggyu from this is to go away from him. If my father knew that I am meeting Sunggyu, he'll know it's his. And he knows about Sunggyu's feelings for me before, that's why he called Sunggyu to inform him about me getting married to somebody else. How cruel.

I made my mind now.

"Eomma. You're going to help me, right?" I asked her.

"I'll do my best darling. You know I've been against your father's idea of arrange marriage." I smiled at her warmly and hugged her again.

 

Jiwon followed me on my room when mother said she'll cook me some food.

"Aren't you going to tell them about the father?" She asked.

"No. Not yet. You know what they're capable of." I looked at her. "They have been spying on me, you know that. If they had known about this earlier, they'll knew it's Sunggyu's."

"Then be careful. Don't get caught, unless you wanted the both of you on hot seats."

"Jiwon, there's only one thing in my mind now to prevent that." I look into her eyes. She furrowed her brows puzzled.

"How?"

"I gotta leave and go abroad." I eyed her carefully and continued. "But before that, I should make sure that the company will stand on its own."

"You're leaving? Again? Where and with whom?"

"I haven't thought of that yet. I just had this conclusion earlier today. You know how complicated it is if they knew it's his. I still don't know what his brother will do to him."

"Okay then. But I know some place." She nodded.

 

------ 

 

\

HAAAAAHHH~~ FINALLY!

 

I feel so bad about updating just now. it's been over a month since the last time I updated and even Sunggyu's Birthday had passed.

 

I am so sorry.

 I am so busy with school and it's making me nuts!

 

so guys! how was it so far? hahah.. 

the truth is, I'm making the story move fast that's why I have posted the last part of the chapter. I wasn't planning to post it until tonight.

 

Sunggyu's comeback is approaching near and I had just ordered his album lately, have you?

ok. too much talking ahha!!

 

thank you everyone!! =))

 

love you all!!  =)

 

08 MAY 2015 10:57PM KST