Chapter 53

I Need You, More and More Each Day

3 years later…

 

"Daehan-ah." I called out as I shake him a little. He has been asleep almost the whole ride just to wake up if he is hungry.

I kissed his cheek and he wiped it off and went awake. Aigoo, this kid. I smiled at his cuteness and watched him.

"We're here now, baby. Let's get you ready, halmeoni is waiting." He nodded and stretched his little arms.

We are now home, to Korea. I have decided to bring him here once he is big enough. He is turning three this month and it'll be his first birthday in Korea. And that time had given me enough space to arrange everything. He was asking always what it looked like here and he was too excited with the idea of us going here.

"Will we see harabeoji, eomma?" He asked with his cute sleepy voice almost chewing the words.

"Eo~ he is at home." I poked his cute nose and he rubbed it. I smiled at his cuteness.

"Aigoo, uri Daehannie. Give eomma a hug." I can't help it with his cuteness. He stretched his little arms and hugged me tightly.

"ppo-ppo." He whispered and pecked my cheeks. He is an adorable child, sweet and caring.

When everything was done, we walked towards the arrival area and looked out for eomma who said she'll be there to pick us up. Daehan was amazed. He was looking everywhere as he walks with me holding my hands so tight.

"Eomma!" I called out as I spotted a prim lady in a maroon trench coat with her assistant beside her.

Eomma waved her hand and walked towards us.

"Aigoo, our Daehan, Heeseolie~." She hugged and kissed me briefly and bent down to kiss Daehan.

"Halmeoni." Daehan said with his cute voice and returned to peck eomma's cheeks as he hug her.

"You got so big! I just saw you months ago~" eomma carried Daehan and he was all smiley seeing his Halmeoni again.

"How was your trip?" She asked me and her assistant carried my bag and the other pushed my cart with our baggages.

"It was fine, Daehan slept the whole time. He wasn't complaining, he was too excited to even bother" I chuckled at the thought. He just asked me how many hours more. His excitement is evident.

"So, you've been a good boy, Daehannie?" She asked him and he nodded as he gripped on his toy Minhwan gave him on his second birthday.

 

We arrived at our house- not the apartment one, but the one where eomma and apppa stays in Seoul. My apartment wasn't fixed yet since the other room was used as my office. Maybe I'll remodel it later.

 

"Where's appa?" I asked as I put Daehan down. He held my hand tight.

"It's okay Daehan, it's Halmeoni and Harabeoji's house." I bent down to his height and touched his cheeks. He nodded.

"He is on his office, waiting for you." Eomma patted my shoulder. I nodded and told Daehan to stay with Halmeoni first as I went to his office.

I knocked and heard that I could go in. He was sitting on his chair and was folding folders in his table.

"Abeoji. Annyeong Haseyo." I called out and bowed.

He cleared his throat and looked at me.

"So you're back. Where's your son?" He eyed me. I pressed my lips on a thin line and find my words.

"He is outside with eomma." I gripped my hands and tried to speak more.

"I'm sorry Abeoji, I was a big disappointment to you." I bowed again and tears are threatening to fall, but I held them back as soon as I can.

"You are a big disappointment. It's good that you know that."

The tears were now down.

"You have been a great shame in our family. I couldn't put a face to show to the public because of what you did. And it was good that you hid well the fact that you were pregnant with other guy's child. It was a greater shame if ever it was brought to public." His words pierced me through my bones. He was right.

"I am sorry abeoji. Please forgive me." I bowed again and sobbed.

"I thought sending you to the US would change everything between you and Sunggyu. But I was wrong. I should have known better." He said. Wow. That was one cruel truth. I didn't know it was one of his reasons why he sent me there.

"Where's your son?".

"Excuse me. I'll go get him." I straightened up and went out to get Daehan who was playing with eomma. I wiped my tears so they won't see it.

"Are you okay?" Eomma asked me, I nodded and held her hand on my shoulder.

"Daehan-ah, come here. Harabeoji wants to see you." I carried Daehan down from the couch and he smiled.

I opened the door and lead Daehan inside.

As soon as Daehan saw father, he bowed and gave his respects to him as I have taught him.

We walked a little towards father so that he could see him closer. Daehan just stayed quiet as his head was bowed down.

"Abeoji, this is Daehan." I said. Daehan looked at him and appa was just staring down at him.

"How old is he?" Appa asked with the same firm voice.

"He is turning three this month."

"Daehannie." Appa called and Daehan looked up with his eyes blinking so much. "Daehannie right?" Daehan nodded.

"You can call me Harabeoji, okay?" Daehan nodded again and now smiled.

"Harabeoji." He spoke with his little voice and smiled. I smiled too that he was happy to finally call his harabeoji. Appa patted his head and nodded.

"Now that we've met, can I talk to your eomma again?"

"Ye." Daehan nodded and bowed and went out of the room.

"Who is his father?" He asked again now again with his firm voice.

I bit my lips. I don't know if I should tell him. By the way he looked at me, he was just trying to confirm his theories. Tears again came out.

"Lee Heeseol! how could you do this to your fiance?! Out of all people why Sunggyu?!" He yelled as he thugged his fist on his table and stood out. I sobbed again and prepared myself.

"I love him appa. You know that." I said and then before I knew it he slapped me. I touched my cheek. This was the first time.

"What?! Love?!" He shouted.

I sobbed again, now even harder. The door burst out open and eomma ran inside. I looked out for Daehan if he was near. I just hope not.

"Fine. I'll let this go if you would marry Jaehyun. That's it."

"Yeobo!" Eomma shouted as she noticed I was touching my cheek.

"What are you doing?! Your words are harsh enough why lay a hand on her!" She shouted and hugged me.

"I'll do whatever I want. She did what she wants. And it's her punishment. I wouldn't say I will not accept the child, because he is my blood too. But this? I can't accept this." He said and sat down.

"Marry Jaehyun. I talked to him already and he knew about your child." He said now with a calm voice.

I shook my head and sobbed.

"How could you let her marry someone she doesn't love?! Look, she has a child and he needs a real father's love. Don't take that away from your grandson!" Eomma said and I can hear Daehan cried. I looked back and he was there beside the door frame hugging his toy crying.

"Oh baby." I ran towards him and picked him up.

"Sshh~ stop crying now. Okay? Everything's fine." I shushed him and he hugged me tighter. He continued crying and I had to take him out of the house.

"Baby~ stop crying now, okay? Mom is fine." 

"They're all shouting eomma, I'm scared." He sobbed more on my shoulder and hugged me even tighter. I rubbed his back and continued to sooth him. He might have been shocked. It was the first time he could witness something like this.

 

"Is he fine now?" Eomma asked as she went inside the room after knocking.

Daehan fell asleep with all the crying. He was so scared that he didn't even want to be put down so I had to carry him the whole time.

"Ne. He fell asleep. He must be tired, he cried too much." I touched his cheek and smiled.

"I bet this wasn't what he expected."

I nodded.

"He was so excited meeting his grandpa."

"I talked to your appa. He said you should talk with Jaehyun."

"Ne, I will do that." I stood up and smoothen out the quilt over Daehan.

"Appa knew it was Sunggyu. Maybe because Daehan resembled him so much."

"I think so too. But I can tell your father was so delighted when he saw Daehan. He asked me how Daehan is." I smiled at the thought that he do cares about my son.

It may take time between me and father but it's alright, what important is that he wasn't too hard on my son. I had prayed that he would accept my son one day and it's starting. Daehan didn't do anything wrong. He was just a product of a mistake me and his father did. But I am not regretting it. He was a good son, too adorable and sweet. He is such a gift from above I'm thankful of all of my life. He is my angel.

 

Morning came and Minhwan called. He asked if he could meet us today later this morning and so I agreed. Daehan would be so happy seeing his Minhwan samchon. They really liked each other and Daehan would always sleep beside him whenever he visits us in London.

 

"Are you excited?" I asked Daehan who was sitting at the backseat with me. He nodded and clapped his hands. I smiled at his cuteness and kissed his cheeks. He brought his toy again. He always carry that wherever he goes.

After a few minutes we arrived at a restaurant and we went inside.

I spotted Minhwan oppa by the window on a corner.

"Oppa!" I waved my hand and he saw us. He stood up and walked towards us. Daehan ran to him and hugged him

"Daehannie!" Minhwan carried him in the air and Daehan chuckled while waving his hands and feet.

"How are you little boy? Did you miss me?" Daehan nodded and hugged Minhwan's neck. I smiled at their closeness. They're like a father and son. We went to our table and they played again.

"Hey, let's order first." I said and they stopped.

"What do our cute Daehannie want to eat?" He asked and Daehan stood up from his seat and looked at the menu. He leaned in and run his small fingers on the page.

"This. I want this Samchon." He pointed at something.

"Okay! We'll get it. What else?" Daehan pouted and looked at the menu again. He pointed again and this time Minhwan oppa offered him a high five.

"Anything else?" He asked. Daehan shook his head and hugged Minhwan again. We chuckled at his cuteness and gave our orders to the waiter.

"Looks like he enjoys here, huh?" Minhwan asked as he pat Daehan's head.

"Yeah, he can't take his off looking outside the windows of the car on our way here." I smiled at the thought.

He was pointing all the things that caught his eyes and he was very excited.

Minhwan chuckled.

"Maybe we have to take him on an amusement park next time." He looked at me then Daehan. "I was thinking about it last night but I've got a meeting with the Japanese investors tonight so I pushed it aside. We'll go soon. It's a good idea, isn't it?"

"That would be great oppa!" I nodded and became like a excited kid.

"Daehan-ah, do you want to go to a big amusement park soon?" He asked Daehan, who nodded and stood up to hug his samchon.

Our orders came and Daehan's face lit up seeing his favorite, pancake. Well, I think he got it from me. He always want to eat it, any time of the day.

"Did Jiwon called you yet?" Minhwan asked. I picked up my glass and sipped some from my orange juice before I answered him.

"Hmm, no. The last time we talked before we came home, she said she got some things to do in Singapore, so maybe this weekend we'll meet. She misses Daehan so much. You know how she treated Daehan like his son." I chuckled and shook my head.

After we ate, we decided to take Daehan to a shopping mall to buy him new clothes since we left almost all of his clothes in London.

We went to the kid's section and roamed around to find suitable clothes for him.

 

"He grew up so fast." Minhwan said as we watch Daehan play on the playground with the other kids.

"Yeah. It was just like yesterday when I gave birth to him." I smiled.

"Does he ask where his father is?"

I pressed my lips on a thin line and looked down.

"He does. Sometimes." I shrugged then I continued. "And I always tell him that he's here."

He nodded.

I think I know where this conversation would lead up to again, and I am not in the mood yet. So, I changed the topic.

"Oppa, do you know what special event is coming up?" I said with much anticipation in my voice.

He looked at me and furrowed his brows.

"What is it?" He said giving up figuring out what. Maybe he was just really busy, he lost his track of time.

"Tss." I glared at him. "It's Daehan's third birthday, how could you forget!" I huffed and hit his arm playfully.

He laughed so loud that it made me look at him.

"I know! I was just kidding!" He continued laughing and shook his head. "How could I forget that special day!"

I rolled my eyes and giggled. He is such a moodmaker whenever we're together.

"So, what do you plan on his birthday?"

"I have no idea yet, since he doesn't have playmates yet, I don't know who to invite. Well, of course, you're all invited." I looked at Daehan who was enjoying playing with the other kids. "And I have to formally introduce him to the family, he is big now and I want them to acknowledge him." 

"But where are you going to celebrate it?" He asked.

"There is this place that eomma have bought for us. She said it's a big house and it had a big yard. So maybe there. We'll be moving tomorrow. I'll be having a house warming party, I'm inviting you." He nodded.

"That would be great then."

After that, Minhwan oppa gave us a lift back home. Daehan didn't want to go out of his Minhwan samchon's car and was crying. We had to soothe him and let Minhwan carry him inside the house. He is really close to his samchon and they looked like a father and son. I smiled sadly at the scene as I thought about Sunggyu. I know it'll be better if they meet each other.

"I'm sorry to trouble you more with this." I rubbed the back of my neck as Minhwan put Daehan down on his bed.

"Nah." He pulled the quilt over Daehan and smoothen it out. "Don't be sorry. I told you already, I would love him like his mine." He patted my shoulder and smiled warmly. I returned his smile.

"Do you want some tea or juice or anything?" I asked as we got out of the bedroom.

"No, I have to go now. I still have some work to do and you have to take a rest since Daehan is asleep." I nodded and lead him outside the house.

"I should go now." He looked at his watch and pulled out his car keys. I tugged on his sleeve and he turned around. I gave him a hug and he put his arms around me.

"Gomawo oppa. You've been a great friend and brother to me and an awesome uncle to my Daehan." I whispered. He rubbed my back and nodded. I pulled out from the embrace and smiled at him. He went to his car and waved goodbye.

 

"So, I think Daehan likes it here." Eomma chuckled watching Daehan playing around the backyard of our new house.

"Ne." I nodded.

"Will you be okay here? I mean you don't want to have any helpers, you'll do every work." She touched my hands on my lap and I nodded.

"Eomma, I'll be alright. I want to experience how is it to be like a true mother. You know, doing all the house chores." I smiled.

"Are you ready then? For your house warming party." I shook my head. And we decided to go out to buy some groceries with Daehan.

We cooked and the guests have arrived. There's Minhwan and some of our friends. They were very fond of Daehan since he was an active kid. They were playing random games with him and laughed together.

"You got a beautiful house, huh?" Minhwan oppa joined me on the kitchen counter as I prepare some fruits.

"Ne. Thanks to eomma." I chuckled.

"Will Sungjong come?"

"I called him and he said he got an operation tonight. You know he is a very dedicated Surgeon." Sungjong's a doctor now and he is very popular because of his young age. I told him I had a surprise for him. I am sure he'll like Daehan. I would surprise him with my son. I wonder what he would say and how he would react to this. I smiled at the thought.

"Uhm, have you talked to Sunggyu yet?" He asked. I stopped what I was doing and breathe in.

"No. I was planning to. But I think I have to meet Jaehyun first."

"Why?"

"You know I am still engaged with him and I need to talk it out with him. I want to persuade him to cancel everything between us and propose that we could just merge without any marriage." I said.

"Have you talked it out to your father?"

"He won't listen to me. And the only way I see for him to understand was to let Jaehyun talk it out to him." He nodded and smiled. He patted my head.

I have been planning this for a long time now and it's the only way I could do without running from it.

"Will you invite Sunggyu on Daehan's birthday?." I bit my lip and sighed.

"I was thinking that I should. I don't want to hide anymore, he deserves to meet his son."

Enough for the hiding. Everyone will know. I am exhausted now and every secret will be revealed sooner or later.

"Hmm. Let's go now. Can you help me with this please?" I asked him changing the subject, pointing to the platter of mixed fruits. He nodded and he helped me bringing it to the guests. Daehan clapped as he saw his favorite fruits in front of him. I smiled at his cuteness.

 

MINHWAN'S POV

 

I know it's insane. I know that I have been a coward. I should have made every move I have and showed her the way I really feel about her. But I can't seem to do it knowing she only treats me as her brother and friend.

The moment I looked at her and first realized that it was love that I feel for her, it felt right and wrong at the same time. She had been this beautiful and kind woman to me and the more I knew of her, the more I fall for her. But sadly, she won't know it unless I let myself tell her.

I love Heeseol more than she'll ever know.

When I heard of the news that she's engaged, all of my hopes were gone. I don't know what to do so I convinced myself to just forget the feelings and move on. When she said she was pregnant, my heart broke into pieces and I felt my world just fell apart. But I just accepted it. It's all because I love her and I need to accept everything about her.

She is in love with Sunggyu and I couldn't change that fact. She won't ever be mine.

I had asked her to marry me one time, but she nonchalantly refused. I thought that maybe I could help her but realized it sooner that I was just being selfish, asking her to marry me on my own sake and happiness.

I have treated and accepted Daehan like my own son. I love the kid like my own. And I'm so happy to be with him and Heeseol.

It would only be an unrequited love. A kind of love she would never know.

 

HEESEOL'S POV

 

Everyone left and Minhwan was the last onesto go because he helped me clean the house. It's still seven in the evening and Daehan slept early. He was very very tired on playing with his aunties and uncles.

"So, are you sure you don't want me to stay for the first night?" Minhwan put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded and smiled at her.

"I need to get use to it. And I'm alright here, it's a well secured neighborhood."

"Okay then, just call me if you need something okay?" I nodded again and offered him a hug.

"I locked the backdoor already and checked everything in the kitchen."

"You should have some helpers here. Or anyone who could stay with you." He said.

"Oppa, it's safe here. I'll call you right away if there is something weird."

"Okay then, goodnight." He hugged me and I did too.

"Be safe! Text me if you already arrived home, okay?" He nodded and he went to hia car and go. I locked the gate and went inside.

Before I could go upstairs, there was a buzz on the gate so I checked who it was.

Someone I didn't expect to meet this soon.

 

 

----

 

INFINITE EFFECT WORLD TOUR (First Batch of) COUNTRIES AND DATES were now released~~

did your cities were included?.. Mine was included and I am so afraid I couldn't go because it's my examination day~..haayyss~ Oh well.. we just have to keep the faith and believe~ We could go attend IE~ ahhaah

 

So~ Minhwan was what?! hahaha..yeah~ he is in love with her =))..

and I was contemplating as to whether I should post a teaser for the next chap or not before this day ends~.. maybe I will... haha!

 

ok~ bye! I have to prepare for school now =)

 

25 AUGUST 2015 5:46 AM KST