Chapter 38

I Need You, More and More Each Day

"Did you slept well?" I heard Jaehyun say as he eats his food. It's morning now and we're having our breakfast with our parents. Sunggyu was nowhere to be found. They have been calling hum for like an hour now but no response from him. Is he really asleep or was he just avoiding me?

"Hey." Jaehyun tapped my hand on my lap.

"Oh. What were you saying? I'm sorry." I looked at him bht he just smiled.

"You didn't slept well, did you?" I just nodded.

"Why?"

"Oh nothing. I was just thinking about the company." I smiled shortly.

"Darling, don't worry about it the company, ok? Just get ready after you eat." My mother smiled at me. I continued eating, thinking what happened last night. Honestly, I just cried and cried. Thanks for the make up and concealer, it wasn't that obvious.

 

"Ma'am this are the files for today. I shouldn't give you this but. ."

"Eonni, thanks. You did a great job." I smiled at Jieun eonni, my secretary, but she just sighed and sat on the couch on my room.

"You know what Heeseol you shouldn't be doing any job today." Jiwon who was sitting beside Jieun eonni told me. I just rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Are you really, ok?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

They were here too even last night but they were staying on other rooms so basically I just saw them this morning. I wanted to tell Jiwon what happened last night, but she might just smack me and kill me.

"I need to take this phone call. Just call me when you need me." I nodded at Jieun eonni who made her way out.

 

"Yah. I know that I didn't tell you about your father's condition even though I knew it. But this thing? I mean Sunggyu. I don't know anything about it, ok?" She explained.

"Yeah." I answered not interested 

"Hey. Really. Are you alright?"

I stopped writing notes and breathe in deeply.

"Can you help me prepare for the lunch party?" I changed the topic not wanting any more conversation that may lead me to crying myself out.

"Of course." She answered shortly.

 

It was nearly eleven in the morning already and my hair and make up was done. I just need to fix my shoes and done!

 

"Ma'am, the event will begin in ten minutes."

Ugh! Really. Last night was the engagement party, and now is just a simple lunch with random people. So I think, Sunggyu will attend too.

 

--

 

The lunch event started a while ago and I can't see any trace of Sunggyu yet. Did he went home already?

 

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun whispered at me. I backed away feeling his breath on my ears.

"Yeah. ." I nodded and continued eating.

When I looked up, I noticed Sunggyu making his way inside the venue. He wasn't looking at me. He looks so. . .down. His face was unreadable. Then someone guided him on his seat which was not far from us in front.

"Really, that guy. He comes in so late always." Jaehyun shook his head and sipped on his glass of wine.

 

The event went well. We smiled on the cameras in front of us. But I was so tired showing these fake smiles with everyone. I just wanted to end these and get through with it. I wanted to lie down and sleep! Or get back working in the company.

A song was played and Jaehyun offered his hand to me.

"Can I have this dance?" I looked up at him. He was smiling widely. Then my eyes to where Sunggyu was, he looked away when he saw me looking at me. Not being rude, I held Jaehyun's hand and stood up. He lead me on the floor and guide my hands on his shoulders then he put both of his hands on my waist. I flinched at the contact. I heard people clapping their hands maybe because of us. Like really? It's just a show you're clapping at. It's nothing. I'm just putting a show.

"Thank you." Jaehyun whispered at me.

"For what?" I answered back, sounding a bit sarcastic. Then he chuckled.

"For everything. For agreeing with this marriage."

"It sounds like you requested for it, huh."

"No, I didn't." He chuckled again at my statement. I know my face was so serious when I said that it looks like he requested for it.

"I can't do anything so I just agreed. What else." Jaehyun pulled me closer to his body and looked at me in the eyes.

"What I said last night. It's true."

"I don't care. We both know I didn't want this in the first place." I smiled at my sarcasm and looked at Sunggyu over his shoulder. He was watching us, I know.

"But, as you said, you can't do anything. You have to like it as much as I like it."

"Oh really?" I chuckled. Faking a happy moment with him in front of everyone. Looks like everyone was enjoying this show.

"I really like you Heeseol, even before we met." I swallowed hard at his statement and rolled my eyes.

 

--

 

When I went back to my room, Jaehyun was with me since his room was just across mine.

"I need to go back to the company by tomorrow so maybe I'll go home tonight." I said as I open my door.

"Oh, okay. I'll tell my secretary to arrange you a ride home, I wanted to go with you but I still have a meeting later."

"You don't need to. I have my ride home already. I'm just telling you in case you search for me. I don't want you sending a batallion just to find me." I turned around to look at him. He then pulled me and before I knew it I felt his lips with mine. I was trapped between the wall and his body. He was holding both of my arms on either side of my head. I struggled but I couldn't. What should I do?. I saw someone on my peripheral view. It's Sunggyu. Sorry but I have to do this. So I closed my eyes and just go with Jaehyun. I moved my lips in sync with him which I felt his smirk against mine. I opened my eyes again and I noticed Sunggyu wasn't there anymore so I pushed Jaehyun softly.

"What?" He looked at me catching his breath.

"You got what you want." I turned around and opened my door and went inside immediately. Sorry Sunggyu, you need to let go of me. Stop fighting for me now.

 

---

 

"So, Sunggyu and Jaehyun are brothers?" Jiwon sat at the couch on my office. I was checking the papers for the meeting later when she came.

"I really can't believe this. And look at you, you look like nothing's happening." I stopped at her words and looked at her.

"Do I?". She just rolled her eyes and sighed.

"I know it's hard for you but Heeseol, don't keep everything to yourself. If you need someone, I am here. I am your bestfriend. So please Heeseol, hmm?".

I leaned back on my seat and closed my eyes. It's not that I am keeping it all to myself. It's just that everything's happening too fast that I can't catch up.

 

I don't know why all of the guys my parents can choose from, why Sunggyu's brother? Why do I have to do this? Why these things are happening to me?

 

--

 

"So, these are the list of bidders for the project in Jeju." Jieun eonni handed me some papers. I scan through it.

"Choi?" I said as I read.

"Yes?" She asked me.

"CJ Construction. Choi Minhwan." I mumbled.

"Yes. He is the president, why?"

"Is he coming later?"

"I think so, why?" I smiled to myself.

"Ah nothing."

"It's the first time I saw you smile since the engagement day." I looked at Jieun eonni puzzled.

"It is?" She nodded and bowed to me and lest the office.

 

Minhwan was a good friend of mine. We were close friends ever since I moved in the states, he was my first friend there.. He was there to pursue his studies. When I was there, we meet always and hang out. Some people might have mistaken us as a couple but we always say we're not. He was the one I was always with for a year, but he graduated so he came back here to take over their company. We haven't talked since then.

 

The meeting started and I saw Minhwan on one of the chairs with his secretary and his chief bidder. He looked at me and smiled at me. I smiled back at him and started the meeting.

 

The meeting went well. But we'll have another meeting again next month.

 

"Hey." I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around, it's Minhwan grinning like a kid.

"President Choi." I bowed at him and returned his smile.

"So formal. The meeting ended and you need to get back on being my friend, ok?" We chuckled on his statement.

"I didn't know you're one of the bidders."

"Why, if you have known, will you give the project to me?" He smiled. I shook my head at his statement and chuckled again.

"Is that an early no?"

"No, it was nothing. Nice to see you by the way."

"If it was nice seeing me, you should have told me you're back and met me earlier." He pouted. Really.

"Oh, don't use those aegyos at me oppa." I rolled my eyes.

"Ok then, well catch up later, ok? Call me. Or I'll call you. I have your number by the way. I gotta go now" He winked at me and bowed. He never changed. I bowed back at him and smiled. Wait. How did he know my number? Ugh. That guy.

 

"Ma'am,you have a call." Jieun eonni gave me my phone. It was an unknown number. We were walking towards my office. I took it.

"Hello."

'Heeseol, it's me. Minhwan." I heard on the other line.

"Oh, oppa."

"I just called for you to know my number." I heard him chuckled.

"Why. I am not saying anything." He's thinking of something again. This guy really.

"Ok ok." He laughed. "Like I said, let's catch up some other time. Don't overwork, yoh'll look older than me." I rolled my eyes at his statement.

"Ok alright. Let's talk later, I still have some work to do, I believe you too."

We ended the call and I sat down on my chair to save his number.

"If you were wondering, I gave President Choi your number when I bumped into him earlier before the meeting. He asked for it." Jieun eonni bowed and exited the room when I nodded at her.

 

--

 

SUNGGYU'S POV

 

"Hyung. Stop it now. Alcohol won't do anything to your situation, ok?" Woohyun pulled the bottle from me.

"Just let me, ok?" I tried to grab it from him but he went to the sink and poured everything there.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" I shouted at him. Then he glared at me.

"I don't know what to do with you hyung. But please, hear this." I looked at him when he sat down on the couch in front of me.

"If you really love her, fight for her. And do ln't do this. Be strong. Alcohol won't give you energy for this war." His face soften when he said that.

"If I lose in this war, what dshould I do?"

"Then, it means she's not for you."

"But I can't let that." 

"Then be strong! It's not like it's too late. They are not yet married. Did she say she likes your brother?"

"But they kissed in front of me!"

"That's what you saw, you don't know the story behind it. What happened before and after that."

He is right.

"And you said she's still wearing the ring you gave her, right?" I nodded.

"Then it means she still wants you, she's waiting for you! Aish! This fool hyung!" He shook his head as he lean back.

"Next time you talk to her, don't drink alcohol! You're scaring her!"

She's lying that night, but why did she kissed hyung back then?

I need to fight for her no matter what.

 

--

 

HEESEOL'S POV

 

"Are you free tonight?." I heard Jaehyun on the phone. It's been four days since he last called. It was when I got back to Seoul.

"Why?" I said flatly.

"Let's have dinner together."

"Aren't you busy?" I stopped what I was doing.

"Well, I canceled everything for tonight. I missed you." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't have to do that!" I said irritatingly.

"I missed the Heeseol last week."

"What do you mean?"

"You weren't like this when we were in the hotel. You're the old Heeseol again."

It's because I was so shocked at that time to think about my attitude towards you.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Ok. Ok. Let's have dinner tonight. Bye, I'm still busy." I ended the call and continued what I was doing.

 

That annoying brat!

 

"Ma'am the chairman is here." I heard at the speaker. What?

I heard the door opened revealing my father. I stood up to welcome him.

"Chairman." I bowed at him and motioned him to sit. He raised his hand and told me to sit too.

"What brings you here?." I looked at him.

"I wanted to visit so I dropped by here." He scans the entire place which was entirely different when he was still using this office. I needed some renovation so it looked like this.

"You made a great job in here." I changed the grey and black with light green accent walls he used to have. It's now white and some girly shades and wallpaper.

"Ah, thank you." I bowed. He cleared his throat.

"We talked about the date of your wedding. It will be in three months, so you have plenty of time to prepare." I looked at him. I nodded. That's the inly thing I can do.

"How are you nowadays?" I asked. I hope he's doing well.

"I'm fine. Don't worry that much."

"Please eat well and take your medicines. Don't be too stressed too, I will do well in the company." Even if he did this to me, he is still my father and I will always be his daughter. I still care, of course.

"Don't worry. I am doing well, Heeseol. So I'll go now. Go home early today, it's weekend by the way. Visit us sometime." He stood up from his seat and I did too.

"Yes abeoji." I walked him towards the door.

"Continue what you were doing, I have Secretary Jang here to me." I bowed at him and he went out as I close the door. He just went here to tell me about the wedding which to be held in three months. They were so eager for the engagement when the wedding is going to be in three months.

I went back to my sit and finished everything.

Jaehyun picked me up from the company and we made our way to a fancy restaurant.

When our food came we just talked aboyt random things that I wasn't interested of.

"I wanted to know how did you met Sunggyu." I stopped eating and sighed. Do I have to tell him?

"How long have you met him?" Great. Another great question. But a good one to cover up the preceding one.

"Not that long ago." I picked up my glass and drink the wine.

"Hey, easy. Don't get drunk."

"I am not." I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

"You should have told me that night that you knew him already."

"It wasn't that important, plus I didn't know he was your brother. Besides we're not thag close as friends."

We continued eating and when we're done, we decided to go home. He drove me home since he picked me up so basically, my car was left in the company.

"Thank you for eating with me tonight." We were in front of my apartment building.

"You don't need to thank me. Good night." I opened the door but he stopped me and pulled me in for a hug. I struggled but he just tightened his hold on my body so I just stopped.

"Good night." He whispered at me then he let me go. I went out of his car and I just walked inside the building.

When I reached my floor, I walked on the hallways as I saw someone standing in front of my door. I got a better look. If I'm not mistaken, it's Sunggyu.

I stopped my tracks then he noticed me. He straighten up and smiled at me. I furrowed my brows. Why?

 

 

---

 

 

Hi!!!

Since it's been a week since I last updated, everyone deserves a long chapter, right?

 

So here it is!

 

Hmm. .pls comment. I want encouragement! Hahahah

 

Thanks to SamHeehee'ssi for commenting always hahaha! I hope everyone comments, I wanted to talk to you guys! Hahah

 

Ok, gotta sleep now, got an early calss tomorrow.

 

10:49PM 14Sept2014