Chapter 30

I Need You, More and More Each Day

"Appa, why would I go back? Do I really have to?" I tried to say it calmly. Really? I'm not yet ready to come back, I still have to graduate.

 

"Yes, I need you to come back home as soon as possible." The firmness in his voice is very noticeable. And when I hear that, there's nothing I can do, but to obey him like a dog.

 

"But why? I'll come back but why?" I am curious as to why he would request and command me - at the same time - to come home when our agreement was for me to come back when I'm done with everything.

 

"You'll find out why." I rolled my eyes and sighed. I won't know it until I stepped my foot on our house.

 

"Your flight back will be the first thing tomorrow. Everything's settled just ride the plane." He added.

"Okay." I sighed.

 

I closed my eyes thinking things why they want me back this soon. I mean, I was just away for like three years, I am not done with my studies yet.

 

Yes, it's been three years. How my life is now? Well, I really don't know. I still feel the pain, but I know I'm a lot moved on. I wouldn't say that I totally forgot about him, I still know him but the feelings are starting to vanish. If that's what you wanted to know.

 

I didn't kept in touch with any news back home, except for some news about Ms. Han and Jiwon, and of course about my parents.

 

Tomorrow, it's my first time going back home. I missed Korea, I know. I just have to endure everything and do it for myself and for my family.

 

--

 

"Ma'am, wake up, we're landing soon." Ms. Oh shook me on my sleep. I opened my eyes and saw her smiling face.

"Oh, hi Jieun-ah." I smiled at her and adjusted myself from my sleep.

"You must be excited." She said as she pack the things in front of us. I chuckled a little and nodded.

"Well, not that much, there's nothing to be excited about though." I smiled. She shook her head and smiled.

"I just wonder why you always refuse going back home whenever they offered you, it's not like you are allergic to your own home." She mumbled. Jieun was my personal assistant while I was away. Well, she became like a sister to me but one things that she doesn't know was about Sunggyu. She's loyal to my parents, I couldn't say she's on my side.

 

When we arrived at the airport, the car was waiting for us. But Jieun told me that I should disguise since I was a hot topic now. Like what? I left like a nobody and came back as somebody? What on earth did I do? I don't even know that people knew me.

 

"So, your schedule for today was to meet up with your parents at a restaurant and visit the company." She said as I just close my eyes on the car. The reporters didn't notice me walk outside the airport. I just wanted to know why they're like this? I didn't know our company is now this big. My parents' blood and sweat.

"Jieun eonni. What are my parent's agenda?" I mumbled and opened my eyes to see her shocked by my side.

"What do you mean agenda?" Her eyes were wide opened, obviously shocked.

"You know they won't just ask me to go home this early. The plan and agreement weren't like this before I left. There must be a reason why, I know. But what is it? Can I know it before I can see them, so that I know what to say?" I looked at her straight in the eye but she just looked away.

"I can't tell you. I don't have the permission." She closed the folder she was holding and leaned back on the seat.

I sighed and looked outside the window.

Korea didn't changed that much. It got more beautiful. I missed it here. I miss everyone here.

 

--

 

"Ma'am, this way." The guy guided us on the hallway. I still feel tired and sleepy. I am jet-lagged. Imagine, after getting out of the plane, you go straight somewhere to meet someone.

I rolled my eyes and just followed him. Jieun went to do some things so I'm the only one meeting my parents. They can just meet me at home, but why now? Can I have some rest time too?

 

The door opened and the guy motioned me to go in. I saw no one on the room. It only means I have to wait for them. I heard my parents have finally moved us in Seoul. I didn't know until I got here today.

I sat on one chair and looked around the dining room my parents reserved for us.

 

Few minutes later, I heard the door opened revealing both of my parents.

 

"Eomma! Appa!" I stood up and walked towards them and hugged them.

"Woah~ our princess is all grown up now." My mother hugged me. I smiled to my father who was beside us smiling too.

"Abeoji." I broke the hug and went to my father.

 

"We're sorry to ask you to go home this early my dear." My mother said as she slice the food in front of her.

"I was just wondering why you want me to be back this early. I still have to stay for few more years. Is there something happening on the company?" I looked at them. They glanced at each other and sighed.

"So, there is, huh?" I gulped down the wine on my glass and eyed them.

"Darling. Let's just have this mealtime first and catcg up. Let's talk about the company later." My father continued to eat his food while I just watch them.

 

--

 

"This is your phone. And by the way, I told Miss Jiwon about your meeting with her later. She was shocked if you may ask." Jieun smiled. Jiwon might really be shocked when she knew that I am back.

 

"Eonni, can I have some report for the company?" I said.

"I thought you will visit the company?." She looked at me.

"No, just give me some report. I wanted to sleep before I go out with Jiwon. I told father already, don't worry." I leaned on the couch and closed my eyes. I am now here on an apartment my parents bought for me. Ig's quite my taste. My things back on our hold house are all here I think.

 

---

 

Timeline is so fast, huh?

 

hahahaha

 

Sorry.

 

 

Please, forgive me ahhhhh