Chapter 21

I Need You, More and More Each Day

Yes, we look like a married couple, and I really liked that idea.

 

 

 

 

When we arrived home, I went straight to my room. Sunggyu was following me.

As I closed my door,

"Yah." Sunggyu said as he prevent my door from closing.

"What?." I looked at him.

"What are you doing there?" He asked me as he rub the back of his head.

"Uhm, gonna sleep maybe? Or just lie and relax." I told him nonchalantly.

"Ah." He nodded.

"Uhm." I nodded too. "Why?" I asked him.

"Nothing, just rest." He said.

"Oh, ok." He moved back.

"Ah, oppa. We'll talk later ok? Rest too." I closed my door and went to my bed.

I lie down and stared at the ring he gave me.

"It's like he proposed a forever commitment with me." I whispered to myself.

Did I make the right decision? I hope yes.

I stared on the ceiling. He promised me that he'll be with me always but he'll be leaving soon. Can we make it till the end? What if not? How can I move on?

and with those thoughts I drifted to sleep.

 

I woke up with my phone ringing beside me.

I looked it up and it says it's my cousin.

"Sungjong." I whispered as a smile crept on my face.

"Sungjong-ah!!" I answered his call with much anticipation.

"Heeseol. .come out of your room." He said.

"Eo? You came?" I went down on my bed and walked towards my door and opened it.

"Surprise!" He shouted as he open his arms widely. I went to his embrace and hugged him.

"Ah! I missed you!" I whispered to him.

Then Sunggyu's door opened revealing him. He looked at me puzzled and his eyes diverted on my arms around Sungjong. I just winked at him.

"Wah. Our Heeseol has really grown up now." Sungjong looked at me.

"You too oppa." I cupped his face. Then we heard a throat clearing up.

We turned our attention to Sunggyu who was watching the whole thing.

"Oh, you've got a visitor, huh." Sungjong wrapped his right arm on my waist.

"Ah yes, uhm. Sungjong oppa, this is Sunggyu oppa. Sunggyu this is Sungjong."

"Annyeong." Singjong simply said.

Sunggyu just nodded. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Heeseol-ah, I've got some food for you." Sungjong patted my head. I smiled at him and he lead me downstairs. I looked at Sunggyu who rolled his eyes and went inside his room.

We arrived at the dining room. The table was full of different kinds of breads and chocolates.

"Woah. You bought all of these?" I picked up one chocolate and munch it up.

"Of course, for my favorite cousin." Sungjong smiled at me. My phone vibrated and I checked it up. A message from Sunggyu.

 

Kyu<3

 

We'll talk later.

 

---

Gosh! Is he mad and jealous? Woah.

"Is everything, ok?" Sungjong looked at me.

"Yes." I said under my breath and nodded briefly.

"Sunggyu. How long have he stayed here?" He pulled a chair for me to sit in.

"He's been for like 3 weeks already, I think. He's a family friend's son. He's from Seoul too, like you." I picked up another chocolate.

"I know." He mumbled. I looked at him.

"You know?" I asked him. He nodded his head.

"He's my schoolmate before." He answered briefly.

"Really? So you must know him well?"

"It's not like that. I just know his name."

I nodded. Sungjong's phone beeped and he picked it up.

"Gotta call someone. Eat all of these ok?" He pointed on the food on the table. I nodded at him and smiled.

Sungjong went to the patio as I continue to eat.

This world isn't that big, huh? See, my cousin is my boyfriend's schoolmate. I just wished they know each other so I can ask Sungjong about him more.

My phone vibrated again and again it's from Sunggyu.

"Yah! What's your relationship with him?!?" I read it in a whispering way.

 

Then I typed. "Let's talk later." Really. He can't hold his jealousy that much.

 

"Heeseol-ah. .mian. .but mom told me to go and get things for her. By the way, I just get here to give you these and go.. mian. I'll be visiting again soon and we'll have some bonding time, ok?" I stood up and hugged Sungjong.

"Ok oppa. Thanks for these. I'll eat them well." I smiled at him.

"And, please be careful, ok? Tell me if that guy hurts you. I'll surely make him pay." He mumbled.

"Yah! We're not like what you're thinking." I lied. It's not yet the time.

"I just hope so. Just call me if you need something, ok?" He said as we walk to the door.

I nodded and bid our goodbyes to each other.

Sungjong, sorry if I had to lie. He's so overprotective. And he even called Sunggyu without honorifics. He must be Sunggyu's hoobae since Sungjong is just a few months older than me.

 

I told our helpers to fix the table for me and I went upstairs. I knocked on Sunggyu's door. He opened it and glared at me.

"Should I come in or not?" I asked him.

He opened the door wider and I went inside.

"So, Sungjong is your?" He asked me as I sat down on his bed.

"My cousin." I simply answered.

"He said he's your schoolmate before. Do you know him?" Sunggyu sat down on the other side of his bed.

"I know his name and face but not him."

I nodded. Weird. These two know only their name and face. They might be famous in their school. Well Sungjong is not that bad. He's handsome and pretty at the same time.

"You know what? I was sleeping then I heard a female-like squeal outside, I thought it was you but then I saw you hugging another guy." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey. He's my cousin. You should not be jealous over it." I explained.

"I am not jealous." He defended.

"Oh you're not? Then why are you being like this?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes again knowing he's going to lose to me.

"Let's not talk about that. Let's talk about us." He said. I looked at him.

"Us?" I eyed him. He nodded.

"Heeseol. I'm hungry." He pouted. I laughed.

"I thought we're going to talk about us?"

"Yeah, but let's eat first." He pouted again.

"Ok. Come on. Sungjong brought some food and I think I can't eat them all." I pulled him up.

"I don't want those. I want you to cook for me. It's almost dinner time already." He whined.

"What? Ok. I'll cook. Eat anything I'll cook, ok? Don't rant or what." I held up ome finger in front of his fave. He just nodded like a kid.

We walk to the kitchen. Our helpers are there and they asked me what I'll do. I told them that I'll cook for dinner but they said I don't have to but I insisted.

I ordered Sunggyu to go upstairs and I'll just call him down if everything's done.

"No, I'll watch you." He propped his elbows on the table and leaned his head on them.

I rolled my eyes on his stubbornness.

I picked up every ingredient for the spaghetti. I liked spaghetti since I was a child. I just hope he likes it too.

I started slicing and cooking. Sunggyu is just watching my every move. He's so cute, he's like a kid waiting fot his mom done cooking.

I stirred the sauce when I felt two strong arms on my waist.

"Aren't you done yet?" Sunggyu whispered as he leaned on my shoulder.

"Oppa. What if they see us?" I answered back as I remove his arms around me.

"And?" He said. I turned around to face him. He pouted.

"Oppa, don't be stubborn, ok? Just sit there and this will be ready soon." I smiled at him. He walk back to his seat and closed his eyes as he lean back on tje backrest. I sighed. I went back to cooking and waited for the sauce to simmer.

And after few minutes it's cooked already.

"Oppa. Go to the dining room already, I'll prepare it soon." I smiled at him

"Let me help you." He stood up and walked towards the cutlery and to the plate stand to grab two plates and fors for us.

I filled the plates with spaghetti.

Sunggyu picked up the plates and placed on the table on the dining room as I grab two glasses with apple juice.

I went to the dining room and sat down on the chair.

"I'll eat well." We said in unison and smiled at each other.

"Woah. This is so delicious!" Sunggyu smiled at me.

"Thank you." I smiled back at him.

We ate as we talk about random things. After we ate, the eonnis said they'll wash the dishes since I cooked already so we went upstairs already. As I open my door Sunggyu grabbed my arm. I turned around and looked at him.

"Don't forget. You'll be sleeping again here." He said as he wink at me.

"Yes sir. I didn't forget it." I playfully rolled my eyes at him and giggled.

"Good." He patted my head. I went inside and did my nightly routine. After almost an hour, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it, it's Sunggyu.

"What took you so long?" He scratched his head.

"Wait, ok? I'm done and I'm about to go there." I rolled my eyes.

He pulled me out and lead me on his bedroom.

"Hey." I wriggled my arms. He let it go.

"I'm sleepy and I was waiting for you. Let's sleep now." Sunggyu walked to his bed and laid. I followed him onto his bed and looked at him.

I laid on the bed too and faced his sleeping face. I sighed.

"You're so grumpy." I mumbled.

"I know." He opened his eyes. He moved towards me and pulled me and hugged me.

"You should get use to it." He caressed my head. I sighed.

"What's up with the sigh?" He asked me.

"Nothing. It's just that I'll miss you being grumpy around me." I whispered at him. He laughed softly.

"I'll miss you too." He whispered as he kiss the top of my head.

"You know what, it feels like we're married." He said. What?

"Hmm?" I lift up my head to look at him, he look at me too.

"Have you thought about it too? What if our parents arranged us on a marriage?" He said. Really. What a creative mind you have.

"I'm too young for it, though." I simply answered him

"We'll get married at the right time. You know, when I was watching you cooking, you look like a wife. And I admire it." He said. What?

"So I look like an old woman already?" I asked him

"No! Why? If it's a wife does it mean she's an old woman? There are even young wives out there." He defended. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"You're being talkative Sunggyu. I thought you're sleepy now?" I realized that we don't have a barrier now, so I sat up. Sunggyu was surprised.

"What?" He eyed me totally clueless.

"We need barriers." I patted the bed

He rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Really? The other time you pulled my arm and hugged me, and now you want barriers? They're totally useless!"

I step down on the bed and went to find the pillows on the closet but they weren't there anymore.

"Where are the pillows here?" I asked Sunggyu from the closet.

"I threw them away, because they are useless and annoying." He shouted.

I went out and glared at him.

"Lee Heeseol. Just sleep ok? I won't do anything aside from hugging you and sleep. That's all! If I wanted to do something with you, I should have done it last night." He patted the space beside him. Well, he's right. But it's different now. What if he changes his mind and do it now?

"Heeseol. You can kill me if I did something to you. And for sure I'll be shredded into strips if I do something bad to you. I'm on your parent's territory." he explained. I walked towards the bed and laid. I am tired to do a discussion with him.

He smiled and laid down on his side. He is facing me. I faced him too.

"Good night." He leaned near my face and pecked my lips.

"Good night too." I mumbled.

"Early today, my promise. I'll keep them. I love you." He caressed my cheek. I just nodded and closed my eyes. And with that I drifted to sleep.

 

 ---

 

I lost a subbie ;((((