Chapter 16

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 

I love those little things we do.

"So, you're my girlfriend now." Sunggyu said while we were sitting side by side on his bed. I looked at him, he was looking at me.

"No." I said with a straight face. Let's see how he'll react. I was just joking if you'll ask. I'm trying to put up a face to make it more realistic.

"What?!" Sunggyu almost shouted with his eyea got bigger and obviously shocked on what I said.

"What?" I told him back. Still, with a straight face.

"Then what was that?! You told me you like me too, you even kissed my cheeks and what? You're not my girlfriend?!" He exclaimed. His eyes are narrowing to the extent that he looks like he was sleeping.

"Eo." I nodded innocently.

"Really." He chuckled, sarcasm is obvious on his tone but then he stopped. He looked at me with fierce eyes. And before I know it, he pinned me down his bed and leaned down to me.

"What are you doing?!" I said and wriggled my hands from his grasp on either side of my head. He moved so fast that I don't even realize when did he grabbed my hands and pinned them.

"Tell me. What kind of game do you want to play? Are you playing with me now?" He said almost whispering. His face is just few centimeters away from mine and I can feel his breath on my skin that makes every hair on my body to stand.

"I am not playing with you." I said. He inched his face nearer mine this time. I looked away, shy.

"Then, tell me that you like me." He said. Ugh Sunggyu!

"I like-" and before I could finish my sentence, I felt his lips on mine. I didn't move. I looked at his face with his eyes closed. He moved his lower lip signaling me to move mine too, but I just stayed there blinking my eyes. I felt he nipped my lower lip and that's when I involuntarily moved my lips and he started his wonders against my lips. I gently closed my eyes as I began to relax a bit. I can feel my face burning up and I know I look like a tomato now. After for like ten seconds we stopped, I opened my eyes only to find him looking at me. I gulped.

"I like you Lee Heeseol, will you be my girlfriend?" He mumbled as he smiled at me.

"Finally! You asked me." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What?" He said. I wriggled my hands and he let go of me. He sat up and I too.

"What I was saying was, how could I be your girlfriend if you won't even ask me. Saying I like you too isn't a valid reason. You should ask me, at least. What if I don't want it? Don't just say something that I don't even said yes to. You should ask what's on my side too." I explained as I look at him. He smiled and stood up. He knelt down in front of me and held both of my hands.

"Lee Heeseol, you're my girlfriend now, right? Say yes. It's a command." He said.

I laughed and looked at his eyes straightly.

"Yes, and you're my boyfriend now, and that's a command too, Kim Sunggyu." I said and patted his head.

His phone vibrated on the bedside table. He looked at it and then me.

"You should answer that." I told him softly. He stood up and picked up his phone.

"Ne, Hello." He said. He looked at me. I motioned him that I'll go outside. He grabbed my arm and shook his head no. I just nodded and sat down his bed. Hestarted walking away to the balcony where he continued to talk.

I looked around the room and took a round to explore it. This house has so many rooms and yet I am the only child in this family. Why would they built somehing so big when they only planned to have one child. Haaay, such a waste. I sighed and noticed the papers on Sunggyu's table. I picked up one, if I am not mistaken it's a song he's making. So he has this kind of interest huh? All of the papers are music sheets. And beside his bed is a guitar. Maybe he uses it to make music. Such a talented guy. I wonder if he has a good voice too.

 

"Do you know how to play that?" I heard Sunggyu from behind me. His hands are on either side of my waist as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Uhm, yeah. A little bit." I mumbled as I turn around and place my arms on his shoulders.

"Show oppa." He said as he smiled at me sweetly. I rolled my eyes at him. I retrieved my hands from his shoulder and went to pick up the guitar.

"Ok, sit down there. I'll play it."

 

(Telepathy - SECRET) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZIRyPW2AQ

Lalilali lalila lalilali lalila
Lalilali lalila kiss me darling

Our first encounter was so awkward but I didn’t hate it
I don’t know why but somehow I felt good

Your very sweet smile seemed very familiar
It kept making my heart race

I guess the destiny that I’ve been hearing about
My one and only love, who can save me

It’s so electrifying
You don’t say anything but I can feel you
It’s so electrifying
Even when we’re apart, I can feel you
Love’s telepathy

Lalilali lalila lalilali lalila
Lalilali lalila kiss me darling
Lalilali lalila lalilali lalila
Lalilali lalila kiss me darling

At some point, our footsteps synced, at some point, we were holding hands
On the same day, you confessed to me

I guess the destiny that I’ve been hearing about
My one and only love, who can save me

It’s so electrifying
You don’t say anything but I can feel you
It’s so electrifying
Even when we’re apart, I can feel you
Love’s telepathy

Just by looking at each other’s eyes, it’s okay
We don’t fight but we love love love
Just by looking at how each other feels, it’s okay
We don’t express it but we love love love

It’s so electrifying
You don’t say anything but I can feel you
It’s so electrifying
Even when we’re apart, I can feel you
Love’s telepathy

Lalilali lalila lalilali lalila
Lalilali lalila kiss me darling
Lalilali lalila lalilali lalila
Lalilali lalila kiss me darling

 

"Not bad." He said as he clapped as I finish the song.

"How about you? You should play it for me too." I pouted and put down the guitar on his bed.

"Next time." He ruffled my haur but I just rolled my eyes to him. He smiled at me.

"Tss. You're not fair." I flicked his forehead and turned around. I stormed out from his room and run.

"Yah!" He shouted but I just walked straight faster.

I smiled to myself.

I heard him go out of his room and chased after me.

"Where are you going Lee Heeseol?!" He shouted on the hall as I walk downstairs and that's when I saw mother and father sitting on the living room.

They both looked up.

"Eomma! Appa!" I shouted as I run down.

"YAH Lee Heeseol!" Sunggyu still shouted not realizing that Father and Mother are downstairs.

Then he stopped his tracks when he saw us sitting together on the living room. I was laughing there. I know both of my parents are looking at me as if I was some weird girl laughing at nothing. It's just that Sunggyu is so cute with his flustered face. He is embarassed with the shouting and all that's why.

 

"Why are you guys running? What if you slipped on the floor and something bad happened?" My mother said with a hard tone. I stopped laughing and sat still beside her. Sunggyu just walked down the stairs slowly with his head down and his hand on his forehead massaging it.

"So, what is going on with the two of you?" Mother said with now a softer tone.

"Nothing eomma. Just playing around." I said. Sunggyu was now on the living room. I let my tongue out to do a mehrong face with him, and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Sit down Sunggyu." Father said as he turn the page of the book he's reading.

"Ne." Sunggyu mumbled silently.

"So, did your parents called you already?" I heard father said without looking at Sunggyu.

"Yes Sir, this morning." He sat down and nodded. He was sitting on the chair opposite my father.

"It's not that we are chasing you out here, well, we really want you to stay here since Heeseol got someone to talk to now that we are always busy at work. But, what did they say about you leaving?" He said. So the one that called Sunggyu this morning was his parents? I looked at Sunggyu. He looked back at me and smiled.

"Ah, they said I need to leave in three days Sir."

What?!Three days?! I looked at Sunggyu with worried eyes. I am worried because, how can he leave in three days when we are only starting?

"Oh okay." That's the only words my father said to him. Shizz. Three days and he'll be back to Seoul already.

"Honey, you can always come back here, ok? If you want to visit or stay, you can still do it whenever you want. You're always welcome." I heard my mother soflty said to Sunggyu who just nodded and smiled.

He looked at me, but I just rolled my eyes at him and leaned back on the sofa.