Chapter 2

I Need You, More and More Each Day

We weren't meant for it. I think.

 

A week just went by like that and it is so frustrating that, yes, I have someone to talk to but he wasn't talking. Mother and Father went some place because of our business and me, him and our helpers are the only ones who are left here. I was close to our helpers but they were so busy and I might disturb them with what they are doing and might be rude if I ask them to accompany me or have a little talk to me.

It's early in the morning. I glanced on the clock beside my bed and it says it's 5AM, oh my, why would I wake up so early. I wanted to sleep more but I am not sleepy anymore so I just stayed here on my bed staring on my ceiling when I heard a door is being closed. I think it's his door. Is he awake too? I looked at the window, it's still dark outside.

I got up and went to my bathroom and fixed myself. I reached my door and went out. I noticed that the door on the balcony at the end of the hall was slightly open so I walked there thinking that he might have gone there. As I open the door, I saw a figure standing in the corner of the railings. It's him, the boy. He looked back and looked at me with a surprised facial expression.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I disturbed you." I backed away as I bow.

"No, you were not." He said. I looked at him, he was looking down his foot. "Did I wake you up?" He said as he looked at me.

"No. I was awake an hour ago." I shook my head. I lied. He just nodded and turned his back on me again.

"You like seeing the sunrise?" I asked him while walking towards him hoping to have a little conversation with him.

"Yeah, I rarely see it in Seoul." So he was from Seoul.

"Oh, so you're from Seoul." I nodded my head slowly and I stood beside him in a distant.

"What's your name again?" He looked at me.

"Ah, I'm Heeseol, How about you?." Well, he forgot my name. and I forgot his too,

"Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu." I nodded.

"How old are you?." He looked at me again.

"I'm--" Before I could finish my word he cut me off.

"Ah, ok ok..so I'm going to introduce myself." He closed his eyes and breathe deeply.

"Annyeong, I'm Kim SungGyu, 19 years old, I'm turning 20 this year. I'm on my second year in college. I'm from Jeonju but I grew up in Seoul. And you are?" He motioned me to speak .

" Ah.Uhm. Annyeong Haseyo, I'm Lee Heeseol, 17 years old, I'll be turning 18 this year, I was born and grew up here. I'll be a freshman in college soon." I bowed.

"Ooh, so you're younger than me. But you look younger than your age." He said as he divert his eyes on the sun. I saw him smirking while he did that.

"Ne?" I asked him because I wasn't so sure If I really heard the right thing.

"Nothing." He said. "Is it your first time seeing the sunrise?."

"No." I said. Shaking my head.

"Mmm." He nods.

"Can I ask you a question?" I told him while staring at him who was so drawn on the view before his eyes.

"You're asking already." He said with a poker face. Oh my, here he goes. I thought he was starting to be genuine now. But yeah, he got a point there, I'm asking a question already.

"Hey, what is it?." He waved his hands on my face waking me up on my little reverie.

"Ah. Sorry. Uhm. Where are your parents?. We've been together in this house for almost a week now and yet, I never saw them come back." I asked him, being careful with my words. thinking that if I don't choose my words carefully he might get it wrong. You know, the other way around.

"Uhmm. . .Let's just say that they had their own trip while I have my own." He said with a little smile crept on his face. His eyes  were so small but they were so cute.

"Ah, so you chose our house on that trip?."

"No, I didn't chose anything. Never had an option." He said looking at me. I nodded. Reminding myself that I should stop asking since it's getting too personal and who am I to ask him things that are too personal. Well, it's not yet starting but as I can see it, it will lead to a very personal conversation. Hey, we just had this conversation. So why would I destroy it, just because I'm asking him things that are too personal. We're not even close.

"How about you?" He asked me.

"What about me?." I threw the question back to him without any clue what he was talking about.

"You. Your parents, where are they? Did they had their own trip too?.but you were left here?"

"Ah, yep. You can say that. I don't like trips. They went to Seoul, I think." I'm not really sure where did they go. I just knew they have to go to Seoul to arrange something.

"I think huh." He let out a little laugh.

"Why?." I asked him.

"Nothing. Yah. I am older than you. You should be more formal while talking to me." He said while showing that pout he has.

"Ne." I just nodded and stared on my feet, embarrassed on my way of talking to him. Well, I'm not really talking to him like he was just some kind of close friend to me. I was talking to him with formalities but I don't know that he was so demanding about more formality. Who is he? My father? Oh well. Since he's older, Ok ok..I'll consider it.

"You know what, you don't really talk that much right?" he said with a mocking face. Ugh.

"I talk. It' just that--" He cut me off. "Oh ok. don't explain anymore." He looked at me.

"It's settle then."

"What ?.settled what?" I asked him. I really don't know what he was talking about.

"We know each other now."

"Ah yeah." Huh?. so it's just that.Ok. So. Shallow.

"Heeseol-ah."  He looked at me again.

"Ne?"

"I'm hungry."

I laughed at his cuteness when he said that. I nodded and pointed the door signaling him that we should go inside now and eat.

"AHHHHHH~~ The sun is so beautiful!!!" He shouted. and murmured something under his breath that I didn't understand after he shouted.

"Let's go!" He entered the house first, and continued to go downstairs.

We ate our breakfast while having a little conversation about how things works on our place. I learned that he was born in Jeonju and stayed there and when he was five years old, they went to Seoul and there he grew up. He was with his mother when they were in Jeonju and his parents decided that they all should live together in Seoul. He is attending Seoul University but I don't know what is he taking up.

"Ah, do you want to go out later?" I asked him while he was gulping down his glass of milk.

"Where?" He looked at me while he puts down his glass.

"There's this awesome place near here. Uhm.Well, it's not really that near but It's really beautiful there. I want to show it to you." I said with a smile on my face.

He just stared at me for like forever.

"Why?" he said while blinking his small eyes.

"What why?"

"ah nothing. ok." He said. He stood up and left me alone on the dining table.

"Shall we go after you eat there?" He shouted while walking on the stairs.

"Ok." I said and smiled.

What is he? Is he someone who owns this house to act like that in front of me?. yes, he is older than me. But is it right that you will show those kinds of mannerisms in front of the daughter of the owner of the house where you are staying? That. He is like a grandfather!..Hmm.Calm down. You shouldn't be like this. Be nice and everything will be alright.