Chapter 4

I Need You, More and More Each Day

Being close to you was a gift.

"That one." I  pointed at the pink peony.

"This?" He asked me while pointing the scissor towards the red one.

"No. The one besides it. The pink one." I told him

"Oh ok." He cut the stem and put the flower on the bucket with water.

"What else?" He looks at me and he wipes off his sweat on his face.

I shook my head. "Uhm. I guess these would be enough." I looked at the bunch of flowers.

"Hmm." He nodded.

"Let's go home." I picked up the bucket containing the flowers, but he held my wrist. I looked at him.

"I'll carry this." He got a hold on the bucket and went walking.

We walked home without any words coming from our mouths. It's an awkward silence. I can feel that the atmosphere around us is getting more and more awkward as we reach our house.

Hours just passed by like that. I haven't seen him throughout the day. He didn't even had his lunch, I think. And even dinner, I just ate alone. Did I do something wrong? Yes I was rude to him this morning. Well, not that rude, I think. I was just so pissed. And not only that, it's the time of the month. My hormones are raging.

I did my everyday routine. Since it's vacation time, I have plenty of things to do. I continued my review for the upcoming entrance exam. I only have exactly a week left before my exams, and it drives me insane. And, this guy who lives on our house is driving me more insane.

I tried to concentrate on my books and the handouts my tutor handed me last week, but nothing goes inside my brain. I was thinking and feeling guilty about things. One, I was so rude to Sunggyu. Second, I don't know if he ate already. Third, my parents haven't called yet, I don't know when they will go back here. And lastly, my exams. I don't know how to manage everything now. I told my tutor to have her vacation since her wedding will be in two days now. And I insisted for not having a new tutor, that's why I'm studying alone now.

No matter what I do, I can't get myself concentrate. I went to the balcony at the end of the corridor. I noticed someone standing there. It's Sunggyu.

"Uhm. Hi." I said. He looked back at me. I walked towards his side.

"Have you eaten anything for the whole day?" I asked him feeling guilty that I might have been the cause why he didn't join me on with the meals for this day. It's pass eight o'clock in evening now and he might be hungry.

"Yeah." He just answered shortly. i can feel the coldness in his voice.

"Look, I'm sorry, ok?" I muttered.

"For what?" He looked at me. Clueless.

"Sorry for being rude to you this morning..I was just so disappointed about the way you talked to me just because you don't want to see flowers." I said.

"It's alright. I was just joking, you know. I don't mean to say those words. well, in fact, I enjoyed walking there and picking flowers." He said with a little smile plastered on his face.

"Uhm, still. I feel so guilty." I sighed and turned my back and now leaning on the balustrade on the balcony.

"What should I do to make you feel not guilty anymore?" He said. I looked at him, not really sure about what is his facial expression.

"Ah, right. What do you want me to do? Do you have anything you want me to do to make you feel that I'm really sorry about this morning?" I asked him with full of anticipation.

"Hmm? There's nothing Heeseol-ah"

"No, there's should be anything." I pouted.

He looked back on the night scene before him. Deep in thoughts, I think he is thinking.

"Uhm. Ok, there's this one thing." He looked at me with a small smile on his lips. "But, I don't think you want to do it."

"Ne?" i asked him, blinking a few times. "Try me."

"Hey, you haven't called me oppa, huh. You're younger than me, you should use oppa while talking to me." Is that it?
 

"Is that what you want?" I asked him.

"No. Of course, it's your responsibility to use oppa while addressing me." He said nonchalantly

"What is it then?" I asked with much anticipation in my voice.

"Nothing. Forget about it." He raised his hand in the air signaling me to not ask him anymore about it.

"No, what is it? what is it?" I said.

"Nothing, Lee Heeseol."

"Oppa. What is it?.Oppa, Oppa, oppa.." I said tugging on his sleeves.

"Nothing."

"Oppa, Oppa, Oppa, Oppa. What is it? Hmm?"

"It's nothing ok?" He held the side of my arms and looked at me straight on my eyes. "And if you still insist, I don't know if I could still say it's nothing. Now, I'm saying it's nothing. Ok?" He put a little smile. I know it's a bitter smile.

He started to walk towards the door.