Chapter 41

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 

 

 

 

I was once asked: if I know that there would be a chance for me to love someone who I know that loves me back, would I ever start a spark so it would light its fire on and feel the warmth or just leave it the way it was?. Let's say the love is a candle, will I put a fire on its thread and feel the warmth and see what's ahead of us or just leave it the way it is, don't let it melt and keep it?

That question is lingering to me now. Back then, I said I would lit it up and feel the warmth. It may melt but it would still be a candle in its composition, just that the form had changed. If that happens, I'll shape the melted candle to what my heart wants it to. That would be better, right? But right now, it's a puzzle to me again. The candle between me and Jaehyun is waiting to be lit up, I just need to put fire on it and that's it. I just don't know if I wanted to feel warm. I just don't know if it melted, will I ever shape it into something my heart really wants or just leave it there. It's hard to decide. Especially when a part of you wanted to keep the candle away and run, as if you're going to be hurt or the warmth was too much that you can't take it and burn you down into ashes.

 

Deep thoughts, so deep it feels like I'm drowning. I wanted someone to pull me out and give me some air to breathe. Thanks to Sungjong, I will be able to escape even if it's just for a while.

 

"Lee Heeseol! Just have fun, okay? I am your boss right now, not your father." I chuckled his statement when I think he noticed me out of this world again.

"You know, you didn't have to pick me up at my house. I can go there by myself." He was so focused on the road but he still chuckled at looked at me briefly.

"I just felt you won't go. I wanted to make sure you'll go."

"Hey, who's the one who didn't even went to any of my events? And you want me to go to yours?" Mocking him but I know he knows so well that it's just a joke.

"I know, I know. And I'm sorry for that. I just want you to take a break and whine up."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled as we speed up.

In a few more minutes, we reached the venue already. It was a club he rented out the whole evening. I've never been to one here in Korea,but I've gone only once when I was in the US, and that was a mistake, thankfully I was with Minhwan that time who took me home. Drunk. The next morning he scolded me for being too careless about myself and just drank anything in front of me. He was so irritated because he said I puke on his chest when he was carrying me up to my apartment. And I don't want that to happen again but I wanted to go for this now. I'll be careful this time.

 

Sungjong lead me inside the club where it was full packed with people I never knew off. Maybe they're his friends and classmates.

"Eyes on you. My beautiful cousin." He smiled at me teasingly when he noticed that there are so many eyes focused on me. I nudged him and rolled my eyes playfully. We walk upstairs where there are some people are sitting on the couches on the corners of the room with drinks on the table in front of them. They all looked at us with awe. There are almost a dozen of people on this floor. Sungjong pulled me towards the couch where there are four guys sitting.

"Hyungs!" He called out and they waved at him.

"Woah~ we didn't know you got a girlfriend already." The guy with thick lips said.

"No. She isn't my girlfriend." Sungjong waved his hands in front of his face and shook his head. They all look at each other and smiled evilly.

"Hey! I know what you're thinking but it's not like that." He chuckled. "Hyungs, this is my cousin, Lee Heeseol." He motioned his hands like he was presenting report or some work of art to his clients. I bowed and smiled at them.

"Hi, I'm Lee Heeseol."

"Ah! I knew it! No wonder you look familiar! You're President Lee, right?" The guy with chubby cheeks with so much piercing on his ear said.

"Yes." I nodded. "See, I'm right! Hello President Lee, I'm Lee Sungyeol." He stood up and extended his arm and hand for me to shake. I was about to extend my hand to him and shake his when Sungjong grabbed Sungyeol's arms and shook his head.

"Ey~ she's not a president for now, hyung. So please~ don't do that. Let me introduce her as my cousin not a president of a company" We laughed at his statement and cuteness.

"Ok ok. ." Sungyeol wriggled his arm off Sungjong's grip and extended them again to me. "Annyeong Heeseol-sshi, I'm Lee Sungyeol." And finally I got to shake his hand and smiled.

All of them did the same.

"Hi, I'm Dongwoo. It's nice to meet you." Dongwoo smiled at me widely and sat down on his seat.

"I'm Howon, but just call me Hoya." Hoya winked at me and smiled. Woah~ he's so manly.

"Kim Myungsoo." The handsome guy nodded as he raise his glass.

Sungjong motioned me to seat down while he sat beside me. I looked at his friends and they seemed to be good.

I noticed Sungyeol looking at me like he was trying to find something on my face.

"If I'm not mistaken, you're Sunggyu hyung's future sister-in-law, right?" I widen my eyes at hearing Sunggyu's name. He knows him?

"Ah right, Sunggyu hyung is President Kim's brother. Isn't he your friend? I saw him before in your house." Sungjong drank some of his cocktail and looked at me.

"See, I'm right again!" Sungyeol seemed to be so fond of knowing he was right. "Speaking of him. Where's he? Even Woohyun hyung?" Hoya looked around the place.

"Are you friends with Sunggyu? How?" I looked at Sungjong trying to act cool when deep inside I'm not.

"Eo~ but we're not that close. Well, we became friends years ago after we met on your house." He said. I sighed and leaned back on the couch.

"Heeseol-sshi, drink one." Dongwoo offered me a glass of cocktail. I eyed it but I just got it anyway and said my thanks to him.

"Woah~ you're so young and yet, you'll get married soon." He continued.

"That's one of the perks of being an heir to a company. I wonder if Sunggyu hyung would ever win to his brother." Hoya commented but Dongwoo who was beside him nudged him. Win to his brother? So, everyone was aware of it?

"Yah Myungsoo, can you speak too?" Sungyeol nudged him too. I think Myungsoo is a quiet guy. Well, his face suits it. He's too handsome to be talkative, it'll be a turn off. Well, he's still handsome though.

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and smirked.

"Sungjong, is she younger than you? Look at her! She'll be getting married and you? You have to get a girlfriend soon!" Dongwoo teasingly said and they all laughed including me.

"Oh, Sunggyu hyung! Woohyun hyung!" Sungyeol waved. I looked at the direction of his eyes and saw Sunggyu.

He, as much as I am, looked so surprised. I lifted my glass and drank from it, covering my face and diverting my eyes from him to anywhere.

"Oh. Who is this beautiful lady?" I heard the guy with Sunggyu said as he sat down beside Sungjong.

"Ah." Sungjong stood up. I looked at the guy and he winked at me and smiled. I widened my eyes and just blinked my eyes and breathe in.

"This is Heeseol. My cousin. Heeseol-ah this is Woohyun hyung and this, I know you know him already, is Sunggyu hyung." I looked at Woohyun and said hi. He looked at Sunggyu and then back at me smiling slyly.

"Hi." I offered my hand to Woohyun to which he happily shook and winked again at me. This guy is a winking machine!

"Hyung, why are you standing there? Sit here." Woohyun patted the space between us. Sunggyu shook his head no but Woohyun pulled him so he stumbled at fell on the couch.

"Yah!" Sunggyu shouted. They laughed to which I just smiled and stiffled my laugh.

I inched away from Sunggyu feeling uncomfortable sitting beside him.

"You're going to be siblings-in-law soon, be comfortable with each other." Dongwoo said like he reads what's ln my mind, or maybe, he noticed what I did. Dongwoo gave the two guys beside me bottles of beer each.

"Yeah right. Did you two met each other before?" Hoya leaned towards the table and eyed me and Sunggyu. I swallowed hard not knowing what to say so I just looked away and drank more from my glass.

"Yes." Sunggyu briefly said and drank from his bottle.

"We've met even before the engagement."

I looked at him but he wasn't looking at me. He just sat there quietly and looked down on his feet.

"Yes, they've been friends years ago." Sungjong added.

They all nodded acknowledging what Sungjong said.

"So Heeseol, how long have you and Jaehyun hyung been dating? I suppose you've been going out since you'll get married soon." Sungyeol asked me, eyeing me carefully. I noticed that I was the only girl on the area and we were quite isolated from the other guests since we're on the mezzanine.

"Oh. We're doing fine. We go out some time for dinner. And it's not that long since we started to get along." I made sure that my words are careful. I don't want to say something deeper than what me and Jaehyun had right now. Though I want Sunggyu to feel that he should have some space from me, I don't want to make a misunderstanding out of it, well, to all of them.

I glanced at Sunggyu who almost drank all of the beer on his bottle but then Woohyun grabbed his hand so he stopped and just put down his bottle on the table in front of us.

"So, when is the wedding?" Hoya inquired and leaned back on the couch.

I bit my lips since I really don't know when. This is killing me. I don't want them to ask me anymore about me and Jaehyun and the wedding. I know I'm not the only one dying here deep inside, but Sunggyu too.

"Haven't set a date yet." I almost whispered it but fortunately, I muttered it out clearly.

"Oh please excuse me." I stood up grabbing my purse and went downstairs.

The place was packed with many people dancing and drinking. Some are having some conversation and laughing about random things. Some are looking at me but I just ignored them and went to the powder room.

It's good that none of his friends knew anything about us except for being friends. If they knew about it, it would be much more awkward than it is right now. If Sungjong said that he is friends with Sunggyu and he will be here too, I would have declined and made some excuses like my mother wanted me to stay at home overnight or some projects needed to be done. If only I knew.

When I went out of the powder room, a familiar back side welcomed me on the hallway. I stopped myvtracks and when he turned to me, he smiled lightly.

"Heeseol-ah." Sunggyu softly called out.

I started to walk towards him slowly. Every step feels so heavy.

"I didn't know you came." He said. I kept a good distance from him so that it won't be too hard for me for being too close to him.

"Ah, yeah." I smiled a little. "He drag me here." Maybe it's a good start for us.

"That kid, really." He chuckled. "It's good to see you here." I look at him. His eyes were sincere and I can see the longing in his eyes.

"You too." It was a long pause. He was just looking at me and I know I'm melting.

"I really don't know what to tell you after everything." He confessed. He looked down looking like a child.

"You didn't have to say anything." He lift up his head as I inched closer to him.

"We just have to face anything right now. Our time had passed and maybe that's all we have." I smiled.

He looked into my eyes as if he was searching for any lies. I hope you wont find anything.

"Yeah. Maybe." He smiled bitterly.

"I just wished we had more." He bit his lips.

It broke my heart knowing he was wishing for more. Knowing that all of the rejections I gave him ever since that night years ago, he still wanted me to be back.

"You know I needed you. But I shouldn't. Someone's waiting for you. And that's my brother." He paused. "I thought I shouldn't lose to him, but it's you who chose him so I couldn't anything but to stop."

"Sunggyu--" please stop.

"Heeseol. I loved you and I will love you always. I wanted to see you happy. And if my brother makes you happy, then I think that's it." He wiped his tears. I didn't know he cried. I was too immersed with his words.

"But it's not easy to let you go."

"Sunggyu."

"Heeseol! Hyung!" We looked at the owner of the voice and it wad Sungjong walking towards us. Sunggyu turned around and wiped his tears briefly and then turned again to smile to Sungjong. I waved at him and walked towards him. I locked my arms with Sungjong as he approches us.

"Let's go up now. We've been waiting for you two."

"Then we should go now." I nodded to him and Sunggyu, who was smiling.

"Ok. I'll just go to the comfort room. I'll be there in a minute." Sunggyu patted Sungjong's shoulder.

"Ok then. Let's go?" Sungjong looked at me and I nodded. We turned our backs to Sunggyu and headed to the main floor.

 

"Seems like you're having a deep conversation with hyung." Sungjong said as we walk on the hall.

"Ah no. Just some talks." I chuckled nervously.

"Uhm." He nodded.

"Have you ever thought, what if it was Sunggyu hyung?"

"What him?"

"You know, the one you are engaged with." We were now on the crowd. I swallowed hard to his question.

"Uhm. I think it's just the same." He looked at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, it's just the same because I don't have any feelings for the both of them." I lied. No, it wouldn't be the same at all.

"Ooh. But you've known Sunggyu hyung longer than his brother. I thinknit would be better but I don't approve any of them for you. I want you to have a normal marriage. A marriage out of love, not out of something needed for business. Ut's not ideal. You're too perfect for this."

"Yeah right. But what can I do? Everything was planned now. No escaping." He nodded.

"You don't have a boyfriend or any sort of like that? It would be good if you have one that's just like Kim Jaehyun, an heir, president. You can just marry that kind of kind. At least you love him." I hope it's that easy. If I told my parents I had one, would they agree? Would they let me off of this arranged marriage with Jaehyun?

I think NO.

I just smiled at him.

 

 

 

--*

 

 

Finally!! hahahha

 

Sorry, I was so busy at school . .

 

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes and misspelled words. .

I haven't proofread it yet. .i just wanted ro post right now at this moment so I posted it without proodlfreading it. Mhahaha

 

I hope you'll enjoy this chap. .

I am working on the next chap now and read as everything unfolds for HeeSeol and SungGyu~~~

 

I am giving you clues already hahaha!!

 

Ok~~

 

Bye!! Love you!

 

18OCTOBER2014 9:52AM