Chapter 26

I Need You, More and More Each Day

I wonder what you are doing during those times you're not with me.

 

 

 

Months passed. And every day it's getting worse and worse. Sunggyu stopped any communication between us. I tried contacting his phone but it would just go to voicemail. No texts. No calls. No signs from him. It's frustrating! I just see myself crying every night. My friends even tell me that I was like someone they don't know, even Jiwon told me that.

School? I am trying not to intervene my studies with my thoughts of Sunggyu, but I can't separate them when I'm with other people. My relationship to my parents got cold, I don't know. I still talk to them but I limit my words.

 

"Heeseol-ah, Sunggyu might have been busy these days. You said he started working on their company, right?" Jiwon said as she sat down on the chair in front of me in a cafe. I blinked and sighed. Jiwon and Youngjoo eonni are the only ones who knew our relationship. I didn't bother telling them to my parents.

"Have you thought of going to Seoul?" She sipped on the Iced Americano she ordered. I have thought of that a million of times but I don't think I can.

"I'm scared." I mumbled under my breath.

"Of what? I can accompany you." She leaned on the table and eyed me. I looked down on my left hand where the ring he gave me wrapped on my finger..

"I am scared that if I see him, he might be with another girl." I said.

"You wouldn't know if you won't check it out. And hey, how do you know if he did that?" She complained.

"I just know it. You know, girl's instincts." I picked up the Carrot-Orange juice and sipped on it.

"Both of your parents are friends, right? Why don't you ask your mother to ask Sunggyu how he had been?" She suggested.

"I did." I sighed.

"Then what did they told you?."

I looked at Jiwon, her eyes were full of curiosity.

"He's okay." I mumbled.

"That's all?"

I nodded.

"You know, I think you need to move on. If he wanted to date you exclusively, this wouldn't have happened. He should have visited you, made sure that you have communications. I can't afford losing you Heeseol."

A tear came down from my eyes. Jiwon is right. If he really wanted this, he should have did his part.

"Just cry Heeseol. I am here. Let it all out until there's nothing left." She stood up and sat beside me as she patted my head.

"I love him. I love him so much Jiwon-ah." I sobbed. I don't think I can move on easily when he became my first love, my first romance.

The negative things I was scared of when he left are happening now. Non-stop.

His promise, I don't think he could keep them. But, I am still holding onto it. I hope sooner he'll come back to me.

 

I knocked on my father's study. I opened the door and saw him reading some paper on his table. He called me because he said he has something to tell me

"Abeoji." I called out. He looked at me and smiled.

"Seat down." He said as he sat.

"You know you're my only daughter, and you are the only one who will inherit everything I built." He said. I nodded at his statement.

"And Heeseol, me and your mother are not getting any younger. As you grow up, we grow old." I looked at him.

"At such young age, you showed your great potential on your own. I am really proud of it because I have a smart daughter like you." I smiled at him.

"Appa, just get to it."

"I called you here because I have a proposal to you." He showed me an envelope and pushed it in front of me on the table.

"To train you and to expand your knowledge about business, I want you to go overseas and study there. Continue your major there. And when the time comes, come back here and the company will be yours." He leaned back on the backrest of the couch he was sitting on.

I picked uo the envelope and opened it. It contained my school records and some transferring requirements, my passport was also there and a ticket tucked in. I looked at abeoji and sighed. Do I really have to do this? Isn't it enough that I go to school and do well here?

"I am not forcing you Heeseol. You can refuse it. I don't want to be a demanding and controlling father to a daughter that is so smart just like you. For me, it's just a suggestion I want to give."

Again, it's for business. But this is better than marrying me off to someone I don't know, it's like they are selling me for some stocks. But I don't want to make a decision without thinking more.

Then I remembered Jiwon's words. 'Move on'

Is this a right way? Is this the way for me to move on? But we haven't broke uo yet, we are still a couple. I am still his girlfriend.

Oh no Heeseol, if you really are, he have to keep his promise.

"I'll think about it abeoji." I muttered as I place back the envelope on the table.

"Ok. Talk to me if you have decisions already, the sooner, the better." He said. "You can go now." He added.

I stood up from my seat and bowed at him then walked towards the door.

"Ah! Heeseol." I stopped my tracks and turnes around to look at him.

"The Kims invited us for a party a few days from now. You should come too, Sunggyu might be there as well. It's a shame if you will not go." He said.

What? A party? Sunggyu.

I turned and wmopened the door where I left father's study and went to my room. I looked at his door and sighed.

"Will I see you there? I wonder how have you been?." I whispered.

 

 

 

---

 

So where's Sunggyu?

 

he's in my heart hahahah

 

. .

Guys! I just wonder if you want a " Sunggyu POV" too. .

Tell me :) I can give a Sunggyu POV anytime.

 

Heolll~

 

Annyeong!

 

Infinite's Be Back Photoshoot BTS was daebak~ i wonder what will Woollim release tonight. .hmmmm. .ok ok. .it's 9:50PM here and I feel sleepy. .i'll sleep now. .annyeong. jaljayo!!!