Chapter 50

I Need You, More and More Each Day

I wanted to shout to the world how much I love you Sunggyu. But I can't.

I wanted to show you all my love. Every minute of everyday, I wanted you to feel my love.

 

Haaaa! I am on my deep thoughts again and it's not helping. I still have work to do and it piled over the weekend.

I heard a knock on the door and I looked at it as Jieun eonni peeks.

"Excuse me Ma'am, but Vice President Jung is here."

"Ah yes. Let him in." I smiled and closed all the folders and set them aside on my table.

Moments later, he came in and bowed.

"Good afternoon President Lee." He greeted me and I nodded at him.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Jung."

He was a man at his late thirties and still a bachelor. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got a girlfriend. But I never saw him dated all these months that I stayed here in Korea. But if you asked me, he's cute. Haha! But he's almost twice my age. 

And yes, our company is ran by young president and vice president compared to other companies. But I can see that he is smart and can manage our company well. He's been a top student in every school he has attended and it never failed to amaze me. If only he's as young as me, I would really like him, but no. By the way, he knows that I'll resign soon.

"Sorry for interrupting your working hour, Ma'am." He politely said as he looks at my table while he sits when I gestured him. I smiled a little and sat opposite him.

"No, it's alright. I was about to call you to set a meeting for the take over." I said and fortunately Jieun eonni came in right before she can hear anything.

She still doesn't know and I decided that I'll tell her when I settle everything. Just little more time and I'll go out of this company building.

Jieun eonni settled two cups of tea on the table and bowed and left. We waited for her to go out before we started talking again. Vice President Jung knew about it too. I mean about Jieun eonni knowing nothing about me leaving. He was asking what's my reason for leaving though. But I said that I have to do something else and I said I'll be back once I accomplished it.

He cleared his throat and sipped from his tea.

"So, since we're here now, I think we can discuss it. But if you prefer other place and time, we can arrange it." He said.

"No, we can discuss it now." I breathe in deeply and then out.

"I'll be leaving in a week Mr. Jung and I want you to be ready by then."

I looked at him and he seemed to be surprised by what I said.

"What? That's fast."

"Ne. I only need a little more time and just a few days more and everything's okay. I have my plane ticket already."

"You're leaving abroad? I thought you'll just go to the countryside."

"No. I'll continue my studies abroad." He looked at me again and now, looking like he understood me a little.

"Oh. So it's the other reason why do you want to leave." And now it's my turn to be surprised.

"Ne? What do you mean by that?" I said and looked at him intently. He smiled and shook his head.

"President Lee, your wedding is for about a month and you're leaving in a week. So it only means you don't want to get married yet, so you planned to go away." He paused and sipped on his tea again. He continued.

"But, you can still study later after you get married, I bet President Kim won't restrain you from that, knowing you're still young." He explained clearly.

"And that's it Mr. Jung, I am too young for a wedding. And I still have a life ahead of me without being a man's little wife." He laughed at my statement and shook his head again.

"Indeed. But let me tell you this, not as a vice president nor your successor, but as an oppa to you. You need to tell your parents about your plans. Please don't surprise them. You know your father will have a heartattack when he hear of this. We both don't want to be responsible for that." He said. I smiled at him softly and thought of his words when he left.

 

He's right. I have to tell them. But it wasn't on my plan. I planned to accomplish this without them knowing until the day that I'll announce my resignation. Plus, he doesn't know about my pregnancy, only mother knows. It will shock him so much.

Father's health condition is now ringing on my thoughts. I didn't thought of it until Vice President Jung told me so. I have to consider it too. What if something bad happens to him and worst, he dies. And I hope that won't happen.

So, okay. At least I'll tell them.

 

Night came and Sunggyu was at the kitchen cooking something when I arrived. Jaehyun was out of the country for a conference and he'll be back by Friday. Today's Tuesday and he just left last night.

"Hi." I rubbed his back to let him know I'm here. He didn't notice me coming in.

"Oh you're here. Hello. How was your day?" He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Fine but exhausting." I said and leaned my back on the counter and pouted.

He laughed and switched off the range. He went in front of me and held my cheeks with his two hands. I put my arms on his waist and looked at him.

"Don't stress yourself too much, hmm? Have sometime to relax, too. Okay?" I just blinked my eyes and sighed. He laughed again and kissed my lips.

"You're too cute, do you even know that?" He ruffled my hair and pulled me in for a hug.

"Are you hungry? I cooked. Start relaxing by eating." He broke the hug and pecked my lips and looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm starving." I smiled a little and he pinched my nose.

"Okay! Go sit now and I'll just prepare the food."

 

We ate and Sunggyu washed the dishes. I told him that I'll do it but he insisted saying that I need to relax. He looked fine but his eyes weren't as fine. His eyes look so stressed and tired. I'll ask him later about it.

I went to my bathroom and did my routine. When I was done, I checked my phone and saw a text from my obstetrician telling me that she has a free hour tomorrow for a check up. I texted her this afternoon that I needed to see her and asked her if she has time to which she had. I need to get her opinions and some medical report about my pregnancy. Well, my baby bump? It isn't that noticeable yet but if wore something fit, it would show so I have to wear lose blouses and shirts. They say that if you're pregnant and it wasn't that known to public the baby bump won't be that much noticeable but if everyone knows of it, it will show up. So maybe that's why. I can count on one hand the number of people who knows about it.

"Hello." I felt Sunggyu hug me from behind. He snuggled on my neck and kissed it. I put my phone away, I hope he haven't read anything.

"Hi." I rubbed his hands which are on my stomach and turned around to face him.

"Now," I touched his face and put away the fringe away from his eyes. "Let me ask you, how was your day?." He smiled at me and pulled my body closer to him.

"It's fine." He simply answered.

"But you looked so tired. Is something wrong?"

"No, I think it's just the paper works Hyung left me. I had to finish them, but I'm fine." I pressed my lips on a thin line and I reached for his neck to hug him.

"Okay then. Go take a shower and let's sleep." I whispered and he nodded.

He broke the hug and went to the shower.

While I wait for him to finish, I opened my laptop and checked for my emails from Jieun eonni. I noticed the email from the airline confirming my flight on next Thursday.

Jiwon arranged my flight and visa. And eomma helped me with my check ups and she said she's excited to be a grandmother anytime soon. Minhwan oppa always checks on me about everything. I told him that I'll be abroad and he said he'll accompany me on my flight there then he'll go back here but he will visit me occassionally. I'll be in London and I decided that I'll give birth there. There's Youngjoo eonni too with her family, she was my tutor before. We contacted her and we told her about my state and she was surprised. She arranged for the house that I'll stay in there so it won't be a problem anymore. Eomma didn't know about it yet, and I am planning to tell it to her a day before my flight but I think I just have to tell her sooner, knowing that I had her support.

"Heeseol-ah." Sunggyu called out as he dries up his hair with a towel. I looked up at him and smiled as I close my laptop. He walks towards me and sat on the bed too beside me.

"What are you doing? I told you please relax, you're working again. Do it tomorrow." He rubbed my shoulder and pouted. Really? Sunggyu? You're pouting?

I wiped out his pout from his face and we laughed.

"What was that for?" He whined while laughing.

"You're really pouting at me,huh?" I asked him as I continue drying up his hair with his towel. He nodded.

 

SUNGGYU's POV

 

Before Hyung went to Japan, he called me for a drink and so I went. I never expected that he would talk to me about something I never knew he knew.

 

"Sunggyu, I know that you dated Heeseol before." He confessed as he drinks his glass of brandy.

I was stunned by his words and watched him.

"I saw the two of you that night." He continued.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

He smiled and poured brandy on my glass.

"During our company's anniversary. I saw you two getting inside a room. That night, our arrangement should be announced but I told them not to, and I still had a girlfriend so I am not ready." He gulped another one and sighed.

"Sunggyu, I am arranged to her even before you met her and I already knew her. Well, not personally like you do."

I am so speechless. 

He knew everything but chose to be quiet.

"Hyung, I didn't know the two of you were arranged before. .I really. ." Before I could finish my sentence he cut me off.

"I know you love her. I know you really love her and you still do. And even if I can't be that one that fills her heart and mind, I'll be the one who will be there for her." He said sternly. He really likes Heeseol I bet.

"I can feel that Heeseol still loves you, and whenever the two of you meet, I can feel the connection you had. And I know I can't break it." He continued and gulped another from his glass.

I really don't know what to tell him. He knew everything about me and Heeseol and I wouldn't be surprised if he knew that we are meeting each other.

But, Heeseol's pregnant with my child. And if they continue their marriage, it would break the remaining strands on me and hyung's relationship.

When he said that he'll be the one who will be there for her, it's like he said that he owns Heeseol no matter what. He made it clear with me that Heeseol was his in the first place. But I won't budge. I have to fight for her. I won't be standing there and watch her go away from just like what I did years ago. I won't let her go this time.

 

HEESEOL's POV

 

"Here. This is your baby." Dr. Park pointed at a bean-like shape on the screen as she moves a device over my stomach.

I smiled as I look at the screen.

"Is it possible now to know the gender?" I asked her.

"Uhm, not at the moment, you'll know it when you're on your fourth or fifth month." She smiled at me and I nodded.

"But what do you want it to be?" She asked and smiled at me.

My smile is from ear to ear and I know it won't be erased that easy. 

"Well, whether it's a boy or a girl, it would be okay, as long as he or she is healthy and well."

"Minhwan would be really happy if it's a boy, he'll have a little version of him soon if that happens." Dr. Park giggled. She zoomed the picture more to view my baby's face and captured one for documentation.

I bet Sunggyu would be happier to know it.

She still doesn't know that the baby wasn't Minhwan's baby. But I'm planning to tell her today.

"Okay, if you don't have any questions now, I'll meet you in my office in a while."

She called her assisstant and assissted me as she fix the apparatus and went to her office. When I'm done fixing myself, I went to her office and sat on the chair.

"So, continue taking your vitamins and I want you to have more rest." She wrote some on her prescription pad and looked at me.

"I bet you're really excited to know the gender but just wait a little more, okay?" She smiled at me.

"Well," I sighed, feeling relief.

"I can't do anything but wait." The smile I had at the other room was still plastered on my face and I can't seem to remove it. She chuckled a little and nodded.

"Now, what it is that you wanted to talk about?" I cleared my throat and fixed my facial expression to a more appropriate one.

"Ah," I sat properly on the chair and held my hands together. "It was about me going overseas. I haven't told you this but, I was planning to go overseas and stay there, and I would give birth there." She looked at me and nodded.

"Okay, when are you planning to go?" She put down her pen on her table.

"I booked my flight for next week, and I wanted to ask for a medical certificate. I'll be in London if you may ask."

"Oh. So Minhwan will accompany you there? Or your mother?." She knows that my mother doesn't know whose child is this and we asked her to keep it as a secret to my mother, to which she agreed.

"That's another thing I wanted to tell you." I breathe in and out.

"Minhwan knows that I'll be in London, he will even accompany me on my flight there." I paused and find a little more courage to tell her.

"Actually, we lied. Minhwan wasn't the father." I looked at her and her face was blank. Then she smiled.

"I knew it." She said and shook her head.

"What do you mean?"

"Heeseol-sshi, I am a doctor and I have witnessed couples whenever they hear knews about their child." She smiled.

"The first day we met, I have this feeling that something was off between you and Minhwan and I noticed something's different. But, I didn't entertain it since you said that it was to be kept as a secret and the two of you are new parents and both young." She explained. I nodded at her statement.

"I am sorry Dr. Park, we don't want to lie to you in the first place, but we just have to do it." I pressed my lips in a thin line. I feel so ashamed now that I had confessed to her about us lying when we shouldn't be since she's my doctor.

"It's alright." She smiled and nodded.

"Whatever maybe is your reason, I hope that you will still make sure your and the baby's health and safety." She smiled again and looked at her computer monitor and typed some letters.

"You'll be in London you said?" I nodded.

"Here. I know someone in London that can be your doctor and I will recommend you to her." She continued to type on her computer as I waited.

"But if her office is far from your place, I could just give you your records so that they'll have your background."

She gave me the files I need and told me that I should go back to her before my flight for further tests.

 

"Oppa." I said on the line as I heard Minhwan's voice.

"Oh Heeseol-ah, how are you?" He said. His sigh is as deep as the ocean and I just hope everything's fine.

"I'm fine. How about you? Am I interrupting something?" I asked him and took out my baby's ultrasound picture and smiled.

"Oh no. I'm fine. I just reached my office when you called and I was tired walking around the company." He explained. I nodded as if he could see what I did.

"Okay then. Uhm." I paused and bit my lip.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it? Do we need to meet?" He said.

"No. It's not like that. I just wanted to tell you that I told Dr. Park already about me and you. That you're not the father." There's a brief pause before he spoke and that's like he tried to comprehend my words.

"Oh. That's okay then. Did you tell her your flight?"

"Yes, and she gave me everything I needed." 

"That's fine then. Uhm, Heeseol just text me whenever you need something, okay? I have to go now, I have a meeting in ten minutes." We bid our goodbye and I drove to the company.

 

SUNGGYU'S POV

 

Woohyun bought a house in Gangnam and he is having a house warming party. Everyone's coming and I was planning to abstain but I know, Woohyun would kill me if I didn't go.

I am on my way now and I bought a wine. Oh I need to tell Heeseol too that I would be home late. She should know so she wouldn't worry. I don't want her to worry more, it would be bad for her and our baby.

Speaking of our baby, her baby bump is getting a little noticeable though she wears lose clothes more often now. And everytime I hug her from behind when she's asleep, I touch her tummy and I'll just smile to myself. It's making me more excited and it's pushing me more to ask her. But I can't bring myself to it, I don't know why I am being coward when I shouldn't. I'm always bringing up the 'baby' topic to her to let her open up to me but she's always hesitant and avoids to elaborate more of the topic. It seems like she doesn't want to talk about it or she really is.

"Hyung! Thanks for coming!" Woohyun shouted as I got out of my car. I rolled my eyes and handed him the wine as I patted his shoulder.

"I shouldn't have if only you wouldn't kill me."

"No, you just love me hyung!" He said. I smacked his head and went inside his house.

"Yah!" I heard him shouted and I just laugh.

He got the two-storey house he's been eyeing for a while now. And he said he's tired of living on his apartment and wanted to have a space where it's more private so he got a house and lot.

That kid is now becoming more mature.

When I got inside, I am expecting a bunch of people that mostly are I don't know but I saw a different scene. I think there only a dozen of people inside including me and Woohyun and all are guys. And I know all of them. There are the five guys-- Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong- who are on the couch playing some games with Kibum and Minho. There is Woohyun's brother also, Boohyun hyung who was in the kitchen preparing some food with Daeyeol-Sungyeol's brother- helping him with the plates.

"Oh hyung!" Dongwoo being the 'always hyped up' one in the group noticed me and everyone looked at my direction. I waved my hand to them and made my way to the kitchen counter to get a beer.

"What do we have here?" I patted Boohyun hyung's shoulder and ruffled Daeyeol's hair.

"Oh, some meat that eomma sent. And pizza too." He said as he slices the meat. I nodded and gulped from the beer bottle.

"I thought you won't come, Woohyun was fussing about you not coming. And it irritated me, you know how irritating it is." I chuckled and shook my head.

"I know I know." I heard Woohyun said as he out down the wine on the counter. Boohyun shook his head and Daeyeol chuckled.

"Thanks for coming hyung." Woohyun showed his aegyo and I rolled my eyes again at him.

"Stop that, will you? I'm starting to feel sick here." I said, Daeyeol chuckled again and so as Boohyun hyung.

"Call on the guys and let's go outside grill these and have some more beer." Boohyum hyung said and Woohyun nodded and went to the guys on the living room. Daeyeol and I helped hyung to get all the food outside and placed them on the table.

The boys brought the bottles of beer and the pizzas outside and we started the party. That's when I remembered that I have to call Heeseol first so I made my way inside the house and into the kitchen.

"Heeseol-ah." I said when she picked up her phone.

"Eo, Sunggyu-sshi." She haven't dropped that title yet. And it's getting on me.

"Ah, how are you?"

"I'm fine, why? How about you?" She said and I leaned on the counter.

"I'm fine. I called to tell you that I'm at Woohyun's house right now, he's having a party for the boys and I think I'll be home late. I wanted to inform you so you won't worry."

"Ah okay then. Have fun. I am on my way home now. Don't drive if you're drunk, okay? If you have to stay at Woohyun-sshi's house then do so." She said worryingly and it made me smile. She really cares for me and it is just making me love her even more.

"Yes ma'am, I will. I won't get drunk, I'll just drink a little. See you later, love you." I said and we ended the phone call. And yes, she haven't told me that she loves me. I know she needs a little more time to process things. Though maybe in her words, she couldn't express her love for me but I can see it in her eyes and I can feel it in her actions towards me. She is still the same as ever, very showy of her emotions.

When I turned around, I saw Myungsoo entering the house. Since the kitchen has glass walls, you could see the outdoors from here.

"Do they need more beer?" I asked Myungsoo as he walks towards me on the kitchen counter. As ever, Myungsoo looks so mysterious but the truth is when you get to know him more, if how serious looking he is that's how crazy he is. That guy. I chuckled at he thought.

"No." He smirked and shook his head.

"But I need one." He continued. I shook my head and grabbed one on the counter beside me and gave to him.

"Woohyun really knows what he wants." I chuckled as I look around. Woohyun really invested so much to this house and I know that he plans to get married soon too that's why he decuded to buy this. He is a romanticist, you know.

"Ne." He nodded.

Silence wrapped the atmosphere and I know it should be awkward sooner or later but I know it wont.

"Hyung." He called out. So I turned and looked at him as I gulp another one from my beer.

"Hyung, I need to ask you something." He held the bottle with his two hands firmly and tried to calm down. He looked so tense.

"What is it?"

"Ah, hyung." He paused. "What if you found out your friend's fiancee is pregnant with someone else's child, how would you feel?" Wow. Myungsoo is someone that doesn't care with other people's lives but if it really involves someone close to him, he cares.

"Hmm." I looked down then up, realizing that I own my brother's fiancee's child. Wait, does he know?.

"Why are you asking that?" I nervously chuckled. Does he know something?

"Just. .I just need an answer hyung and I need it from you." He said and turned to look at me.

 

 

------

 

Hello!!!

It's been almost two months since I last updated and I feel so guilty about it. 

I am really sorry.

 

So how's everyone?! I hope you're all doing well!!

 

:))

 

INFINITE's Comeback is fast approaching and their concert too.

I just hope our countries are all included and we could attend it :)

 

I attended OGS last year in our country and it was all worth it, I hope you could experience the thrill on INFINITE's concert too :)

 

10:54  KST 03July2015