Chapter 28

I Need You, More and More Each Day

SUNGGYU

 

 

 

 

"Lee Heeseol." I mumbled under my breath the name I really missed.

"Sunggyu, is there something bothering you?." The girl in front of me asked.

"Nothing. Just choose what you'll wear." I faked a smile and looked around. It's Hyuna. I don't know why my parents asked me to accompany her when they know I'm busy with the things in the company. It's really annoying.

"Oppa, how about this?." She showed me a red dress that I don't give a on.

"Oh, that would look good on you." I looked at my watch. "Hyuna-yah, are you done yet? I have a meeting soon." I said in a calm voice trying to cover up how I'm annoyed with this.

"Ok. I'll just pay for it." She went to the cashier and I went out of the shop and looked around. I remembered when I went shopping with Heeseol before, I smiled to myself at the memory.

I felt an arm wrapped on mine and when I looked at who owns it, it's Hyuna.

"Oppa. You should have told me about your meeting. I should have gone alone." She said.

"No, it's okay. You have your car, right? I'll go straight to the company, you drive carefully." I removed her arm and I walked towards the car waiting for me.

I work on the company now. Well, it's not that I am surely the one who will inherit it, I need to work here because my parents told me to do so.

There would be a party soon, that's why I have accompanied Hyuna buy her clothes. Surely, Heeseol's parents are invited. That would be great, to see them again.

 

When I arrived at the company, I went straight at the conference room and the meeting went by so slowly.

When the meeting was done, I went straight to my office and did my work. This is what I always do. I got home-tutored sometimes. That's why I don't go to school that often anymore. And, to tell the truth, I don't even get time for Heeseol. I wanted to call her, text her but I can't. I don't know why, I am afraid.

 

--

"Oppa, let's go?" Hyuna wrapped her arm on mine and smiled at me. We walked towards the door of the hall and walked inside. The first person I noticed on the party was Heeseol's parents who were busily chatting with some people. Whwn I saw them, I felt nervous and hopeful at the same time. Maybe, she's here.

"Oppa, where are you looking at?." Hyuna whined when she noticed me looking around.

"Nothing. So, what do you want to do?." I asked her. I'm still not comfortable with her. Not anymore. I mean, she was my crush before. But it changed eventually when I saw her true color.

"Let's dance." She mumbled. I looked at her.

"What? I said dance with me." She repeated and showed her aegyo. I shouldn't have asked her. What if Heeseol is here?

"Wait. I'll just meet someone, ok" I told her and removed her arm around mine.

"Where? I'll go with you, you shouldn't leave me alone." She whined. I rolled my eyes and just let her.

I walked towards where Heeseol's parents are and greeted them.

"Hello, Mr.&Mrs.Lee. How are you?" I bowed at them. Hyuna bowed too.

"Oh, Sunggyu. We are doing well. How about you?. And who is this miss you're with?." Mr. Lee asked me as he eyed me. Mrs. Lee just smiled at us.

"I'm doing well sir. Ah, this is--" Before I could finish my sentence, Hyuna butted in.

"Hi, I'm Kim Hyuna, Sunggyu's girlfriend." She bowed. What are you saying?!!

I glared at her but she just shrugged it away and smiled at me.

"I see." Mrs. Lee nodded and smiled. She looked over behind me and smiled.

"Heeseol-ah, glad you're here. Look it's Sunggyu." Mrs. Lee said. I turned around to find the face that I missed. The person I long for.

"Heeseol." I mumbled under my breath with wide eyes.

She walked passed me and Hyuna, titally ignoring me. I looked at her but her face was blank. I couldn't guess what's on her mind, but all I know is, she's angry.

"Didn't you miss him?" Mrs. Lee asked Heeseol who just rolled her eyes.

"Why would I miss him?" She simply said.

"Appa, eomma. I'll be going first. I still have some things to do with Jiwon." She said. She didn't even look at me.

I clearly know why she's like this, and it's my fault.

Her parents just nodded and told her that the car was waiting for her already. No, you can't just leave like that.

She walked away from us and her parents bid their goodbye to me and went talking with some people.

"Hyuna, I'll just do something." I went to chase after Heeseol.

She was about to ride the car when I called her. She stopped and looked at me.

"Heeseol-ah." I said softly.

"Can we talk before you leave?." I asked her. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Mr. Jung. I'll call you later." She told the driver and looked at me. And with that, I grabbed her wrist and dragged her somewhere far.

"Yah! Let me go. I'll talk to you! You don't need to do this!" She pulls her arms from me but I gripped on them harder and pulled her on a room.

I opened the room and I went inside. I closed the door and locked it. I loosen my grip on Heeseol's wrist and looked at her.

"Why are you acting cold towards me?" I calmly said to her as I look her in the eyes.

"Why would I? Are you someone I should be treating warmly?" She sarcastically said.

"Lee Heeseol. If it's because--"

"Yeah! You're right. It's because you won't even call or freakin text me. It's because I thought you'll stay by my side. It's because you're cheating on me!." She shouted at me, her eyes are full of tears.

"It's because I thought you love me." She sobbed quietly.

"Sunggyu, tell me, how long should I be waiting, huh? Do I really need to attend this kind of affair just to see you? See you with another girl in your arms being sweet and all? See you that you got someone new?" She said nonstop.

I am speechless. I love her, but I don't know how to tell her now after how many months.

"I'm sorry." These are the only words I could say right now. She's still crying.

"Let me explain." I cupped her face but she just pushed my hands away as she backed.

"You don't have to. I clearly understand what's happening." She said. She still crying.

"No, Heeseol. It's not what you think." I stepped towards her but she walked back and shook her head.

"I am not a fool. I know what's going on." She walked towards the door but I grabbed her and hugged her.

"Don't go." I whispered. I miss her scent. I miss her. She struggled out of my embrace but I just tightened it.

"Let's end this Sunggyu. I am the only one hurting. Go with that girl. I know she' s much more than me. I can't be someone like her." She removed my arms around her.

"She isn't my girlfriend. Because you are." She stopped her tracks. Look back Heeseol.

"Well, I am not now. I am now someone who could forget you." She said and opened the door leaving me alone on the room.

I slumped down on the floor. I know I should be chasing her, but I think it's useless. She just ended it with me. It's my fault.

Tears came running on my cheeks as I quietly sobbed.

*I am now someone who could forget you.* her words ringed my mind. We can't end this like this.

 

--

I went back to the party and drink whatever is there. I don't care about anythingg anymore. All I wanted to do is to get drunk and even for just a while, forget what happened tonight. I didn't even had the chance to explain to her. But the truth is, I don't know how to start. I don't know what to say.

"Sunggyu, where have you been?" Hyuna approached me on the bar and caressed my arm. I shrugged her hands from me and continued drinking.

"Hey, stop drinking. Your parents will get mad. Don't do this here." She whined but I just rolled my eyes and gulped down the hard liqour.

"You. Stay away from me." I said, I tried to be calm.

"But, you are my--"

"What?! Your boyfriend? When I don't even like you?!" I lower my voice but I think people heard it because they are starting to look at us.

I stood up and walked out of the hall. I don't want to be the center of attention now. I heard Hyuna calling my name but I just ignored her and left.

 

I knocked on a familiar door and it opened.

"Sunggyu! What are you doing here?!" Woohyun said completely surprised that I am in front of his apartment door.

"Just let me in." I sighed and pushed him aside as I went inside 

"Yah! Hyung, you should be at the party. Why are you here? Smelling like that." I slumped down on his couch and closed my eyes.

"Woohyun-ah, give me something to drink." I raised up my hand. I breathe in deeply trying ti supress the hurt I feel inside.

"Is it about a girl this time?" He put down the beer on the table in front of me and seated on the chair opposite mine.

I nodded and gulped down some.

"Who?."

"Lee Heeseol." I quietly mumbled. Just mentioning her name feels like a dagger on my chest. Woohyun nodded.

"So, what about her? She went to the party? You talked to her?" He asked nonstop to which I only nodded.

"You know how much I love her Woohyun-ah, but she left me." A tear came down from my eye but I just wiped it off and sighed.

"You did something wrong, didn't you? She wont leave if you treated her right." The greasy prince said and sighed. I nodded.

"You know I was busy with the company, right? Even with my studies. I don't even know what to do first when I had to compete with my brother." I said calmly.

"Hyung, did you remembered what your parents told you before?" I looked at him totally puzzled what he was saying.

"They told you, To gain something, you need to lose something." He just simply said and leaned on the couch.

No, it's not Heeseol. I can't sacrifice Heeseol just to gain the company.

"You needed to choose, but I think you chose the company over her." He continued.

I gulped down hard as I thought of it.

"You made the decision when you entered the company. You don't know it because you thought you own both of them."

Yes, that's maybe why. I thought I own them. I thought I was assured that I won't lose her. I was wrong. I totally took her for granted, thinking that she'll stay beside me no matter what.

"Hyung, when did you stopped contacting her?" He gulped down his beer.

"Been months ago, I think it's been seven straight months. But, I don't mean to do it to her. I though she would hold onto.me and believe me." I held my head with both hands, it's starting to hurt like hell.

"Did she saw you with Hyuna?" How could I forget that? I looked at Woohyun and nodded.

"So, I think, that answered her questions. Do you think she would come to that party for fun? I guess she went because she wants to see you." Woohyun! You're such a smart . I rolled my eyes and leaned back.

"But Hyuna was nothing! I don't have any interest at her anymore." I mumbled.

"That's what you say. But when she saw you with her, she would think something else. Girls are like that." He said.

Woohyun is such a genius when it comes to girls. Now, everything came to light. How could I not think of these things?

"The only thing I could advice you now is to talk to her. Tell her what's going on. Do what you should have done before. You should have told her about your status. Now, I think she had gotten her answers in a wrong way." I sighed. I should have told her, it was too late now. I reap what I have sown now. I became secretive to Heeseol.

 

 

---

 

The long-awaited Sunggyu POV is here!!!

 

 

Hahah. .

 

I just finished  this morning and heol~ reallyyyyy I don't even know how could I write this??

 

hahah

 

The whole plan was just to write a YOU POV until the 35th chapter, but I guess, it's needed to post one Sunggyu POV too. .haha yeah~ this story is long~

 

If you noticed, I used the first line on the description now in this chapter, it only means, the story is just starting haha

 

Mian~

 

Ok, I'll shut uo now haha

 

I hope you won't get tired of this story, please anticipate and love it till the end:)

 

THANK YOU!