Chapter 46

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 

 

 

SUNGGYU'S POV

I am on my way to the company now as they called me that they needed me on the meeting. I heard my phone ringed so I answered it as I concentrate on the road.

"Yoboseyo." I said.

"Sunggyu-ssi." I heard the sweetest voice called me on the other line. But there's something that's ringing in my head. Something doesn't sound right.

"Yah! Why are you calling me like that? You could have called me Jagiya or something." I whined. Ha, Heeseol, you're really ugh. But I'm so happy that I had a wonderful night with her and much happier that we're now alright. I have explained to her last night everything she needs to hear. The night when she saw me with Hyuna and everything I did. And she listened to me quietly and asked me more things to which I have answered honestly.

I heard her chuckle on the other line. I smiled hearing her like that, it's been years since I last heard her laugh, and what more, it's because of me

"So, why did you call? Did you miss me already? Or did you tell your visitor not to come over and you wanted me back there?" I said with a smile. If only I could live with you.

"No. What makes you think like that? I called because I just wanted to know where you are right now?" I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I'm on my way to a meeting to the company and I was called. That's it." I said.

"Oh, alright then." I heard her breathing on the other line and that made me relax.

"Hey, can I come over tonight? Or maybe tomorrow night?"

"I'm busy. I called in sick today, and surely, there are piles of works to be done tonight and for the next days and that's because of you and your ministrations last night." I chuckled at her statement.

"Why are you laughing? You're happy you made my work go on piles?" I know she's rolling her eyes again, and I just love those eyes. I would really do anything just to see those eyes looking at me every minute of my life.

"Oh no. .okay then Jagiya. You should rest now if you have works to do later. I love you." I said as I reach the company building.

"Yeah. See you. Bye." She hunged up. Yes, she hunged up without even saying she loves me too. Or even just a simple good luck for the meeting. Haaa. Maybe she's still adjusting.

But the fact that she's marrying my brother is still lingering to me. I don't want her to marry him nor anyone else but she has to. If only I got the presidential position before, maybe I was the one arranged for her. Oh, but no, her father told me about it before, that she was long arranged to somebody else. I should have known that before I started feeling anything for her, so that I know that I should distance myself from her. It wouldn't have been like this.

But come to think of it, maybe even if I know that she'll be married to someone else, I'll still fall in love with her. She wasn't someone hard to fall in love with. Her charms are overflowing. Heeseol has her magic of making everyone else fall in love with her. She's an angel. I wouldn't even be surprised if my brother was lovestruck by her.

The meeting went well. Well, just, we have to meet some investors in two weeks. Since my brother is busy with his wedding preparations, I was the one appointed for the meeting with the investors. What does it feel like to get married with Heeseol?

When the meeting was done, my brother approached me as I was exiting to the other side of the room.

"Sunggyu-ya." I turned around and bowed at him.

 

"Ne?" I answered.

 

"Can we talk?" Woah. It's a first. Normally he would tell through his secretaries everything he wanted to say to me. I nodded and he led us to his office.

 

"Sit down." He motioned me to seat on the couch.

 

"Uhm. Do you want some tea or coffee?" He arranged the documents on his table.

 

"No, I'm fine." I said and clasped my hands together. He paced towards me on the couch and sat opposite mine.

 

"Well, I just wanted to talk with you with something." He leaned back.

"And you're the only one I know I could talk about this." I looked at him puzzled as to what he is saying.

Didn't he have agents for him if he's curious with something? Oh come on, he is one of those guys who are capable of these kinds of things!

"You know, well, we both know that we didn't get along with each other and we don't even had memories growing up together as I was raised by our grandparents and away from you. And I am so jealous that you grew up with our mother." What is he saying? He doesn't have to tell me about these things again! I knew it all too well like the back of my hand.

"And I am not even that surprised when I heard you met Heeseol before. Well, her parents were friends with our parents, you guys might had met before." He chuckled. And so this is what we have? He wanted to talk about Heeseol. I nodded and focused on what he's about to say. I signaled him to go on.

"I asked Heeseol before if how did she knew you but she didn't gave me a definite answer but all she gave was you two have really met each other before." I nodded again. Well, that was true! I don't think she wants you to know that we've been a couple before.

"But, I know you knew some things about her. And that's what I wanted to know from you. That's what I'm about to ask you right now." I looked at him and he just smiled at me a little.

"Ah. . ." I paused finding the right words. "You want me to tell you the things I knew about Heeseol?" He nodde

d.

 

 

"Hyung, I don't think it's a good idea to talk about her on my own perspective. She might have treated us differently, you know, how someone treats you from the other based on their own likings." I explained.

 

I couldn't tell him how Heeseol looks to me. How she is in my eyes. I couldn't explain those to words. Words aren't enough. And honestly, I know I'm being selfish but, I don't think it's a good idea. We're rivals, if that's how it is.

 

"Ah yeah right." He nodded and chuckled.

 

"But we became friends, yeah. That's all. And I could not remember how." I said truthfully. Yeah, I don't remember how we became friends back then. It was awkward talking about Heeseol with my brother. It's, ugh, I can't explain. I know, I'm selfish.

 

"Oh, alright." He nodded. "I just hope that yoy two got along together. She's going to be your sister-in-law soon and it would be better if you two are close." He smiled. I nodded.

 

"She's beautiful, right? And goodhearted too. It's not hard to fall in love with her." He added. I looked at him totally puzzled as to what he wanted to mean by that. But I shook off the idea and bidded my goodbye to him as I continue to do my things. But I can't get off his words. Maybe, he was just trying to say something, and he wanted me give him my opinions. Maybe.

 

 

HEESEOL'S POV

 

 

I stretch out my hands as I finish reviewing the reports Jieun eonni gave me this morning. And I think it's time for bed now. The office is in a chaos since the next bidding is approaching. Minhwan oppa might have been busy these days also. Their company is one of the bidders and he needs to win. Well, I wanted him to. If only I could just choose whoever I want then Voila! But that's not easy, it's multi-million project.

 

 

I looked at my clock and it's already quarter to eleven in the evening and I needed to get rest now. It's not good for the baby.

 

As I was walking to my bedroom my phone vibrated. I looked at it and it's Sunggyu calling. I smiled and happily answered.

 

"Hey." I said.

 

"Hi. Are you sleeping already?" He said on the other line.

 

"Oh, just getting to bed. I just finished working. Why?" I breathe and opened my door to my bedroom.

 

"Ah. I'm outside your apartment."

 

"What?"

 

"Can I come in?" I rolled my eyes and made my way to the intercom to check if he's telling the truth. And he's there, smiling like an idiot holding his phone to his ear. I opened the door without hanging up.

 

"I said I'm busy. But you're here." I ended the phone call and saw him smiling as he enters.

 

"Yeah, that's why I came here at this hour. You should have finished your work by this time." He said and removed his shoes. I noticed that he's holding a bag.

 

"What's with that?" I pointed to the bag. He smiled and shook his head.

 

"Yah." I said.

 

He spread his arms and begged for a hug so I gave him one. Then I pulled out.

 

"I said, what's with that bag?"

 

"My clothes."

 

"Why are you bringing up your clothes here?!" I walked to the living room and sat down looking up at him who followed me.

 

"So I could sleep here and go to work when I wake up. You know, I couldn't afford getting up early to leave you just to go home and change. I could just do it here." He said confidently. I raised my brows and looked at him questioningly.

 

"Seriously Sunggyu? Are you pooping at your brother's head by sleeping at his fiance's house?" I said.

 

"Well, you're not still married, until you get married, I'll sleep here." He sat down beside me and pulled my hand so that he could hug me but I struggled.

 

"What? Who said that you could live here?"

 

"I said, sleep here, not live. It's not practically living with you, but just sleeping beside you. There's a huge difference Ms. President." He tried to pull me again but I struggled again.

 

"It's the same!" I said in a loud voice.

 

"No, it isn't. So just come here and hug me. Let's cuddle." He mumbled and pulled me again, but I stood up and put my hands on my waist.

 

"No! You can't do that."

 

"Yes I can. So now, let's sleep. I'm really tired." He pouted and whined like a child.

 

Ah this guy. Well then, let's take it like this if that's what you want.

 

"If you want to sleep here, then you take the sofa." I said and stormed to my bedroom. But before I could exit the living room, Sunggyu lifted me up, carried me bridal style and opened the door to my bedroom.

 

"Yah! Put me down." I slapped his chest.

 

"Wait, I'll put you down on the bed." He said and put me down on the bed gently.

 

"Now, stay there. I'll just shower and I'll be back." He shushed my lips then pecked it. He left to get his clothes on the living room then he went to the shower.

 

I opened the novel I'm reading while waiting for him and after few minutes he came out of the bathroom and walked to my bed.

 

"I said you'll sleep on the sofa." I glared at him. But he just sat down on the other side of the bed and ignored what I said.

 

"You'll get cold later, you need someone to hug, that's why I'm here." He winked at me and laid down on the bed. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

 

"I didn't need someone to keep me warm, I can just open the heater." He rolled and faced me.

 

"You know, we need to be environment friendly, conserve energy, will you?" I rolled my eyes again and sighed feeling defeated by his guts.

 

I looked up on the ceiling and smiled. The room went silent and I can just hear his and my steady breathing.

 

"Heeseol-ah." He called me after sometime. I turned and faced him.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Come here. Let me hug you." He mumbled as he pulled my hand and lead me to his chest as he hug me. My head on his chest, hearing his heart beat. I put my hand across his waist and snuggled up to his warm body.

 

"You know what, Hyung talked to me yesterday." He said as he caressed my hair. I looked up at him with curiosity.

 

"He just asked me what I knew about you and how we became friends."

 

"What did you tell him?" Clearly, Jaehyun doesn't know anything about me and Sunggyu except that we knew each other already.

 

"Hmm. Nothing." He intertwined his fingers with mine and continued.

 

"I said it's not a good idea if I tell him about you on my own perspective, if I told him something it would only make him think that we had something deeper than friendship. And I told him I forgot how we became friends."

 

"You're selfish. You know that?" I chuckled. I can sense possessiveness in his voice when he said that.

 

"I am not!. Plus, I don't really remember how we became friends, we just knew we're friends and that's it." He said defensively. I just chuckled.

 

"Tell me, you just don't want to share me with him." With a long pause he sighed.

 

 

"Yeah, because I want you to be mine only. Knowing you guys are getting married is enough for me to suffer."

 

Now, I felt his arm on my waist and pulled me closer. Like his words, his actions showed me how he wanted me to be his alone. I was yours and will only be yours Sunggyu, but I can't tell you these words. Not just yet.

 

"Are you giving up?" I mumbled, sounding like somrone who just lost hope.

 

"What do you mean?" He moved and pulled my chin up to look at him. "You sounded like you are. It's like you won't do anything to stop me from getting married to him." I bit my lower lip to stop my tears.

 

"I am doing it right now." He pecked my forehead and then my lips. I furrowed my brows totally puzzled of what he is saying. He chuckled when he saw my face.

"I am slowly getting back what's mine. I am slowly pulling you away from everything that's suffocating you." He held my cheek and looked at my eyes.

"Heeseol. I can't take you away from them abruptly. I can't take you away from them right away. I want you to realize that you want to go away with me, and when that time comes, I'll be with you and help you." He kissed me again. I don't know what he is saying. Do I look like I still don't want to go away from these things? What does he mean? Does he wanted me to voluntarily give everything up for him?

"I didn't understand any of the words you said." I mumbled as I pull out from the kiss.

"You will. Soon." He smiled warmly. "Now let's just sleep, I bet you're so tired. Good night Jagiya." He pecked my forehead again and hugged me more. I put my arm again across his waist and snuggled.

"Uhm. Good night too." I wanted to say I love him, call him Jagiya but something stops me and that's because of uncertainty.

"I love you Heeseol." He whispered. I just stayed there unable to answer him. And after that we went to dreamland where we can just do anything we want and say any words we want to each other. I woke up with my stomach getting upset again. I stood up and ran to the bathroom to throw up.

"Hey, are you alright?" I felt a hand on my back patting it as I throw up. I know it's Sunggyu. I woke him up I think. He pulled my hair together so it won't get dirty or what.

"Haa~" I sat down and catch my breath slowly and I flushed the toilet. I tried to stand up as Sunggyu held me up to the sink to wash.

"Are you okay now?" He asked me looking at me on the mirror. I nodded and picked up my toothbrush.

He just watched my every move and leaned on the wall. After I washed my face and mouth, he lead me to bed again holding me in my arms for support.

"Seat down, I'll get you water." He walked out of the room and left. I closed my eyes as I think of it. Would he suspect anything? Oh my, I hope not. I am not ready to tell him or what.

I looked at the clock saying it's two-thirty in the morning.

"Here. Drink this." He gave me glass of water and sat beside me to rub my back.

"I was so shocked when you got up." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." I said and gave him the glass. He put it on the table and sat beside me again.

"No, it's alright. What did you ate last night?"

"Hmm. I had some seafood at the office."

"Oh, that maybe caused it. Next time, make sure they're fresh or else it'll upset your stomach. And please, take a rest." I nodded and sighed.

"Come on, let's sleep again." He pulled me onto the bed and hugged me. Sunggyu, I am so sorry. I slept again.

 

Morning came and I woke up as I felt a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning. Come on, let's eat now. I cooked." Sunggyu smiled at me. I returned his smile and got up to the toilet as I feel my stomach again.

Ah! Baby, don't be like this, eo? You're getting eomma lose weight. Fortunately, Sunggyu went out of the bedroom when I got up so he didn't notice it.

"What took you so long?" He asked me as he pulled out the chair for me.

"Ah, Jieun eonni called me for a meeting." I lied. Sunggyu nodded and sat on his chair. We ate breakfast and got ready for work. Sunggyu left first just before I go to the bathroom to shower. ---

 

Hey friends! I know, it's a lame chapter but I wanted you to feed with SunggyuxHeeseol moments. . Hahaha!,

Ohwell, I am sorry for the typos and grammar corrections, I am not proof-reading my works anymore since I don't have much time. .

Maybe, on the next chapter, a change will happen !! Hahaha! I made that chapter before this one so it's like, I made this chapter just to support the future happenings hahaha!

Ok ok. .I'll sleep now! I got a 7:30AM class tomorrow~~~love lots!!! Sunggyu! Let's get married!! HAhaha!!

20January2015 11:07KST