Chapter 40

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 

 

 

I'm out with Minhwan. It's time to hang out with someone I know I'm comfortable with, well, aside from Jiwon. And someone that might have wanted to scold me at my stupidity or whats in my life but never tried to, ahem, Jiwon does that. Well, she's my bestfriend, she wants to tell me the things I should see and give me her point of view that might have been the point of view of others. And I thank her for that, but sometimes, I'm not. But still, I love her.

"You never told me about your engagement thingy, huh?" Minhwan sarcastically smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at him knowing that he was trying to mock me about it.

"Stop it. It's nothing to be bragging about."

"But, you should be. Look, he's quite good. I think he meets your standards. Remembering all of the guys you turned down when we were in the US. ." He said like a song and still trying to tease me.

"Oppa!" I ahouted at him while he just chuckled.

"I don't even like him to the slightest. But I'm trying." I whispered the last three words and looked down at my lap.

"I know." He chuckled again. "It's obvious."

"Really?" Woah. Was I that obvious? But, I thought I was good showing that I like him? I thought I was good at faking it!

He nodded. "I know when you're faking it." He said like he reads what's on my mind.

"Heeseol, don't be afraid or shy to come to me if you need someone to talk to or what. I'll be a good help." He wiggled his eyebrows. Woah. Is this some kind of boasting and bragging game?

"Yah! Stop that!" I laughed at his ridiculousness.

"No, but seriously. I'll help you, ok?" He sipped on the Iced coffee he ordered and looked at me. I nooded at him and sighed. He's really a good guy.

"So, where do you want to go next? It's pur date today and we'll do whatever you want!" He said with kuch anticipation.

"But, aren't you busy? Have you forgotten that we are both presidents of our respective companies? Huh, President Choi?" I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"I am busy with you, President Lee." He winked while I just rolled my eyes again.

"You really like rolling your eyes, don't you?". Yeah. Really.

 

We went to many places today. And it was fun. I don't want to think about anything else today and thanks to Minhwan, I did. But now, I'm back to my house again. Nothing feels much colder now. I don't know why, but the warmth left me when Sunggyu leave that door. Again! You're thinking of him again!

I heard my phone ring and so I picked it up. It's Jaehyun

"How was your day?" I heard him on the other line.

"Fine. You?" I was really trying my best to get things work out the two of us. I am.

"Well, it's much more exhausting now. I hope you really had fun with your friend. Do you, by any chance, want to eat out tomorrow? Uhm. Lunch or dinner, whenever you're free." I rolled my eyes. I am slowly getting tired of trying but I have to. It's only been like almost two weeks since I started this and I don't want to give up. So I sighed and thought about creful words.

"Let me check it. I'll tell you first hand tomorrow morning." I said briefly.

"Oh ok. Good night then. Sleepwell!" I bid my brief good night at him and ended the call. Well, I need energy for tomorrow's 'trying session'.

--

 

"You're free during lunch and dinner, no meetings were scheduled for you to attend to during those time." Jieun eonni said as she scan my schedule. I sighed that I don't have any good excuse for me to tell Jaehyun that I can't make it.

"Why, do you have blany appointments I didn't know?" She eyed me carefully as if I am someone who have secrets that I should tell her. Well, I have, many of them actually.

"Sort of. For now, reserve those hours don't put anything until I told you so." She nodded and bowed and exited my office.

Everyone seems to be so busy, but me? Well, looks like I'm not the president either. I wanted to read the paperworks in front of me but I don't have any interest on adding any load on my brain anymore, not now. But I have to, and that's part of my job. Everything around me is part of my job, even marrying Jaehyun, even getting over with Sunggyu and getting along with Jaehyun. Was that even good? Look, my salary is my sadness and future. I know I'm pathetic to accept them but what I can do? They are straightly deposited in my heart and mind. Seems like I don't have any way to runaway and be happy. If I could just disobey my father, I shpuld have done it the moment I heard about these things.

"Knock, knock." I heard someone and when I looked it up, it's Sungjong.

"Oppa!" I stood up and bolted towards him as he open his arms for me and hug me.

"How are you?" He said against my hair.

"Fine. How about you?" I loosened the hug and looked at him as he hold both sides of my face.

"Good. Woah~ how long it has been since I last saw you?" I pulled him towards the couch at the center of my office and let him sit down.

"So long." I smiled at him as I sat down opposite him.

"I didn't saw you any of my events, where have you been?" I pouted but he just chuckled.

"Mianhae. I was busy with my studies. I wanted to go but when I do, there are projects to be done. But mom and dad went." 

"But Nari eonni didn't, you guys are being busy when I needed ypu the most." I playfully rolled my eyes. He chuckled again and said he was really sorry. I smiled at him and remebered something.

"Ah oppa. How did you come here? You know they wont let you unless you have an appointment with me."

"Well, your secretary recognized me and said it was fine. She even said you weren't that busy so I can barge in." I widened my eyes.

"Really? She said that?" Woah.

"Yeah, and seems like you aren't busy." He grinned like a child seeing that I was embarassed about what Jieun onni told him.

"Tss." I scoffed. "What do you want to eat? Or drink?" I stood up to go to my table.

"Ah anything would be alright."

"Or, do you want to eat outside?" I asked him. I was about to contact outside to bring up something to eat or drink when I remembered that brilliant idea.

"Yeah. That'll be good." He looked at me and smiled.

"Then let's go? It's almost an hour before lunch, it's not bad if we should have some more time." I grabbed my purse and phone as he stood up. He offered me his arms to which I gladly linked mine with. He opened the door and we went out.

"Secretary Oh, we'll be having lunch together, I'll be back by two later." Epnni nodded. I turned to Sungjong and he raised his brows asking me why.

"Did you brought your car with you?" He nodded.

"Eonni, don't bother sending me a car, he'll drive." Jieun eonni bowed.

"Ne, don't worry. I am responsible to this stubborn and beautiful lady here." They both laughed as I smack Sungjong's arm playfully.

"Let's go!" I tugged on his arms and they just chuckled at me. I rolled my eyes playfully as we start to walk again.

 

"Is that delicious?" Sungjong eyed my plate.

"Eung." I nodded as I chewy food deliciously. It was, and jt's my favorite so far.

"Why did you ask? Want some?" I pushed a spoonful on his face but he backed away and chuckled.

"It's not what I mean. Look at you, you almost bought every plate of that. It's your 7th plate already. Is that that delicious?" He raised one of his brows at me and I just shrugged it.

"Yeah… so don't bother me." I rolled my eyes at him. "Eat yours. Do you want another order? Or parfait? Their parfait is the best."

"No. No." He waved his hands at me and he just chuckled.

"Hey, tell me. Are you okay?" I put down my spoon. And thought carefully.

"Yeah, why not." I said as I smiled at him. I don't want to burden Sungjong anything that's happening to me. He knows everything, from me being the president to the marriage thingy. He didn't know I was dating Sunggyu back then so I don't want to tell him that I had a problem with marrying his brother because of it. I can just be a pain to him. Additional load, specifically.

"Yoo looked so depressed, well a pretty depressed girl."

I chuckled at his statement and continued eating.

 

"I can't believe you ate nine servings! You sure you won't get fat? You know, I wanted you to look best on your wedding!" He pulled on the high way as we head back to the company. Well, we have been talking like two whole hours on the restaurant and the staffs were looking at us already and so we just left and plus I still have a meeting when I got there.

"You know I don't get that fat easily, I'm skinny just like you!"

"Yeah right, I think it runs in our blood, well, except for our fathers." We laughed realizing that yeah, out of all of our fathers' family, they were the only two from their sibling's line who was fat, all of them were skinny.

"Heeseol, don't forget the party I told you, ok? Though you're the presidemt already, you're still young to be so stressed with it. Have some time to whine up. Ok?" He briefly glanced at me. This oppa is really caring.

"Yes, don't worry, I'll clear up my schedule for that." I smiled at him.

Once we reached the company, we bid our goodbyes and once again reminded me of the party on Saturday. Today's Thursday.

 

"Ma'am, President Kim called at the office lately." Jieun told me as I went inside my office with her following behind.

"Oh. What did he say?"

"He was asking if you're at the company so I said you went out with your cousin for lunch." I nodded as I roll my eyes. It only means I wouldn't have any excuse not to go, since I had time for my cousin.

"Ok." She handed me stacks of folder for me to check and sign.

"The meeting will start in thirty minutes ma'am. " I looked at my watch and sighed. Time passes by so fast.

I dialed Jaehyun's number to which he answered immediately.

"Hey." I said. As I find my words.

"Hi."

"Sorry if I can't answer your calls lately."

"No,it's alright."

"I'm free by dinner time. Let's just meet at the restaurant." I leaned back on my seat.

""No, I'll pick you up." He said immediately as if it's a race to say that.

"Ok, see you then. Later." We ended the phone call and I started working on the papers.

 

It's almost seven in the evening and Jaehyun called me telling that he's on his way to the company. So I waited on the company lobby.

 

"President Lee." I looked at the owner of the voice and it's Jaehyun. He smiles at me as he approaches to where am I. I smiled briefly to return his genuine one.

"Sorry it got me a little late. So, let's go?"

"Yeah" I turned around and started walking him following behind. I feel so awkward that I don't know how to act, but I'm trying to be as calm and good as I can be to him.

 

He didn't do anything to make my life like this. In fact, he's also a victim of our parents' thoughtless decisions. It wasn't his fault if I can't be with Sunggyu anymore. But he's the reason why. There's a difference between being the one who made the fault and being the reason why. There's a big difference.

 

Then, I felt his hand grabbing mine as I walk. I looked at him but he just smiled at me. I swallowed and just let him do it. It wasn't a bad thing. Well, we're going to get married anyway. But, do I really have to do this? Running away as an option never left my mind. But if I ran away, does it do anything good with everything? I think no. Everyone around me will be upset. Who will take care of the company? I am the only one my parents were counting on. Perks of being an only child. And worse, I'll feel guilty with every day I wake up. It will not make me happy seeing what my parents built for years and sacrificed for destroyed and gone. It's their blood and sweat. And it was all for me.

 

The dinner was quite good. We just talked about things on our companies and some of his life stories. I've learned that him and Sunggyu didn't grew up together. I remembered when Sunggyu said he just lived with his mother back then. Jaehyun went to study abroad ever since high school and that made them grew apart. And he was jealous of Sunggyu because he got to grew up with their mother longer than Jaehyun was. He said it was hard to be away. He was really surprised when he found out I knew Sunggyu already. He wanted to be close with Sunggyu but he thinks it's a bit hard since they weren't that attached to each other and now that there's even a competition between them, he doesn't think they'll ever be in good terms. So, he knows so well about what's between them? Sunggyu told me he was fighting for the company also. Jaehyun is well knowledgeable that there's a conflict between them. Is that one of the reasons why they didn't grew up together? So they will be clear that there is a competition between them? That's cruel. He is a bit talkative but he says things with sense. And I think it's a good charm of him how he says things. I mean, words sounds good when it came from his mouth. Am I slowly discovering his good traits? uhm not bad.

 

"You're on deep thoughts." I looked at Jaehyun who was pulling off the road with his eyes focused in front of him.

"Just thinking things off."

"What things?"

"Random ones." I see him nod his head smiling.

"Heeseol."

"Uhm?" I looked at him again.

"Are you in love with someone else?" Shocked. I blinked my eyes as I find this situation uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable.

"Why are you asking me this?" Those are the only words came from my mouth and that's what I want to say. Good.

'You know, if I am going to marry you but you feel something for someone else without me knowing, that would be unfair, right?" I looked at him but he was just smiling, still, his eyes focused on the road.

"If you love someonle else without me knowing when we get married, then that's going to be fair for the both of us." I countered.

"Nice." He chuckled. "But that won't happen. I like you enough Heeseol."

Here we go again. I rolled my eyes knowing where this would lead us.

"I know you don't like me now. But I'll patiently wait for you. We're going to get married soon and I want it to work out for the both of us." I sighed. Please don't be like that. I want to tell him that.

"Hey, I am not forcing you to like me back but let me show you how much I like you. Just stay, please." He stopped the car on the roadside.

"Why did you stop?" I looked at him. He was looking at me with this certain look in his eyes saying he was being sincere with me.

"Lee Heeseol. The day I knew of everything between us, the day I knew that it was you, the day I saw your photos, I know that I'll be willing to wait for you. I liked you and I like you even more now. Please, don't go even if you wanted to. Let's see if we work things out. If not, I'll let you go." He put his hands on my hands at my lap. I looked at them and swallowed hard.

"I don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything." He pulled me in for a hug. I didn't struggle because I was so stunned with everything- his words, his gestures, him. Can I really do it? Can we really do it? I guess there's nothing we can do to avoid it. I think it was fate.

 

--

 

Oh yeah!

Haha

Sorry it was a (little) late. .okay slash that! It was LATE! hahaha

 

Our examination week just passed and I needed to review so I can't continue writing last week, but here it is!

 

Hey guys:) I am really fond of talking with you on comments :) I love reading them and replying to you one by one :)

 

Ok!

 

Hahah

 

7:43PM 02OCTOBER2014