Chapter 18

I Need You, More and More Each Day

We started to like each other more as time passes by. Can we go back to being like that now?

 

 

 

 

 

That night after dinner, I knocked at Sunggyu's door because he texted me that he'll show me something.

When he opened his door, he pulled me inside and hugged me.

"Yah. Why?" I said as I push him a little because he was hugging me so tight that I can't even breath.

"Just stay still." He caressed the back of my head.

"I--I can't breath." I mumbled. And tried to push him a little bit.

"Ah mian." He loosen his arms but still hugging me. I hugged him back and smiled.

"Why are you being like this, huh?" I nuzzled my face on his chest, smelling his fragrant, he smells like a baby.

"Nothing. I just want to hug you, since I'll miss you." He mumbled and nuzzled his face on my hair.

"Oppa." I breathe in since it's a little bit hard to breath, we are hugging for like two whole minutes already.

"Hmm?" He softly asked.

"I'll hug you more later, let's sit now, can we?." I said. And then I feel him loosen the hug and let me go.

I looked at him and he was all smiley.

"What?" I asked him as I stop my incoming laugh at his cuteness.

"It just feels so good hugging you." He said.

"You're so cheesy, you know that? Since this morning you're all cheesy." I poked his nose and started to walk towards the sofa opposite his bed.

"So, did your parents left already?." He said as he sat down on his bed.

I picked up one book on the side table.

"Uhm, not yet. They'll be leaving early morning tomorrow." I opened the book which was full of sketches and doodles.

"It's hard, right? To have parents like them." He sighed.

"Yeah. How about your parents oppa?" I put down the book realizing that it's a bit boring.

"Uhm. They're like that too, but it's alright I'm used to it. As far as I can remember, it's only me and mother everyday, but when we moved to Seoul, it became worse." He pulled up his legs and sat comfortably on the bed. I nodded, feeling sorry for him on for myself. 

"Well, I can't remember when was the last time my parents ever stayed on our house for a whole week. They only go home for a weekly basis and for special occassions." I said. The atmosphere became quiet between us. I felt my stomach go rumbling.

"I'm hungry." I said out of the blue and lift up the atmosphere.

"Really? You've eaten alot during dinner." Sunggyu stood up and walked towards me. I nodded and pouted.

"What do you want to eat?." He asked me as he sat down beside me.

"Uhm. Kimchi fried rice, Odeng and kimbap. Ah! Forget kimbap. Just Kimchi fried rice and odeng." I told him with a smile on my face.

"Then cook." He shot back.

"I thought you'll cook for me?" I whined.

"No, I'll just help, like cutting the ingredients." He said and poked my nose. I touched my nose and rolled my eyes. He stood up and offered his right hand to me. I rolled my eyes again and stood up totally ignoring his hand. I walked towards the door but he grabbed my hand to hold and opened the door.

When we reached the stairs, I pulled up our hands and looked at it and then him.

"Oppa, I don't think we have to show them this. They don't know anything yet." I told him softly, referring to everyone in our house. He nodded and loosened his grip on my hand but not letting go of it. I pulled my hand away from him and started walking downstairs.

"Oppa, I'm really hungry right now. I won't cook, I'll just have some bread and milk instead. How about you?" I said as I scan through the refrigerator. I closed the door and looked at Sunggyu who was leaning towards the kitchen counter.

"Anything." He just said and walked towards where the glasses are and pulled two of it.

"Oppa, get a plate too please. How about for your spread? What do you want?" I got the box of milk inside the fridge and a box of orange juice.

"Uhm, white cheese." He said simply, I heard him opening the cutlery.

I put the boxes of juice and milk on the countertop and proceed to get the white cheese. White cheese sounds good.

We both prepared the food. We toasted the bread and put some white cheese.

We sat down on the dining table and ate everything.

"You have a big appetite." He said as he put down his glass of juice. I nodded at his statement.

"I have a fast metabolism. You don't noticed it, do you? Some nights I go out and get some food to eat. I snuck out during midnights too." I said confidently.

He just laughed at me.

"Why?" I asked him.

"You're thin though." He gulped down the remaining orange juice on his glass.

"Yeah I know. But you still like me." I wiggled my brows and smiled at him.

He just laughed.

 

After we ate, we went back to his room and continued talking and talking with each other.

 

And that's when I remember something.

"Oppa, you told me you'll show me something, what is it?" I said as I pull one pillow on my lap. Sunggyu is leaning against the headboard and I am seating on the other side of the bed, facing him.

Sunggyu sat up.

"Ah right. It's good you reminded me." He went down on his bed and picked up his guitar.

"This is a song, well, one of my favorite hyungs gave me. I wanted you to hear it. I was thinking the whole day about it since you said you want to hear me  play. Listen well." He winked at me and sat down on the bed. I smiled at his cuteness and propped my elbows on the pillow on my lap and leaned my face towards my hands looking at him.

 

(SHINE-Sunggyu)

 

 

Whenever this time of year comes, I always think of the words you used to say to me

Even after a long time passes and we’re not together

Please remember this dazzling and beautiful moment right now

Even if everything fades, don’t forget this moment and clearly remember it

 

* I remember you, wordlessly kissing me as you held my hands

I miss you oh yes I do

I remember your eyes when you stood on my feet and whispered love to me

I miss you oh I still do

 

Whenever this season comes, I think of the last times of you and me

When everything got distant and couldn’t be turned around

At some point, a dark shadow was cast on the dazzling and shining moments

It was when the unkept promises were crumbling down without strength

But I-

 

* Repeat

 

Your voice, your eyes, your touch that lingered on me

I can’t forget any of those things – you’re so clear, it seems like we can touch when I hold out my hand

The sound of your breathing, your gestures, your touch that warmly embraced me

I can’t forget any of those things – you’re so clear, it seems like we can touch when I hold out my hand

 

I miss you 

 

--

Sunggyu finished the song smoothly. He looked at me and winked. I smiled at him. It was an amazing song.

"So, how was it?." He asked me as he put down his guitar.

"It's beautiful." That are the only words that came from my mouth. Sunggyu has a beautiful voice and it suits the song so well. It was like the song is made for him.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"He made it for you?" I asked him.

"Yep. I was a big fan of him, well, his whole band. And he knows it very well." He laughed. "He gave me this song as a gift."

I nodded.

"You know, you have an amazing voice oppa. I wish I had too." I sighed.

"Well, your voice is not bad either. You have a sweet voice." I rolled my eyes at him.

"What? Really, you have a beautiful voice. You don't know that?" He said again, now inching his way near me.

"Okay okay. I know it now." I smiled at him, hiding the flattery that I feel. My phone vibrated.

I picked up my phone on the bedsid table.

I looked at the alarm clock near it and noticed that it was nearly midnight.

"Oppa. I think I have to go to my room now, it's nearly midnight. We need to sleep too, you know. Good night." I looked at Sunggyu who was looking at me. I stood up totally ignoring his eyes.

He stood up too and I walked towards the door, he was following me.

But he tugged my right arm. I looked at him with a questioning look.

"Can you stay here? Let's sleep together. Hmm?." Sunggyu pouted and with pleading eyes like a child begging for his mother to stay with him until he fell asleep.

"But why?." I asked him.

"I won't do anything to you. Trust me. Just sleep with me, please?" He pouted more. Aish! This guy.

"You know, we can't oppa. You're a guy I'm a girl. It s not good to see us sleeping together on the same bed." I explained at him as I caress his face.

"I'll miss you. Please." I rolled my eyes at him and sighed.

"Please. Even for the next two nights. Can you?." He held onto my cheeks with his two hands and looked at me straight to my eyes.

"I know I'm being demanding here, but, I'm begging you Heeseol-ah. Trust oppa, I won't do anything bad to you." He sighed.

This guy really. I bit my lower lip. Well, I know that it looks bad and it's really inappropriate but we won't do anything.

"Okay. Just," I stopped and raised my forefinger in his face.

"Remember, we have limits, ok? You know that well. I am saying this because we are beyond friends now and we know that, you are a guy and I am a girl. You will always be a guy and I will always be a girl. Ok?" I said with a firm tone.

Sunggyu nodded like a child with a smile olastered on his face.

"I will remember that well, Ma'am." He held both of my hands. I smiled at him.

"But for now, I'll go to my room and brush my teeth. We ate earlier." I told him and he nodded.

"You too, ok? I don't want sleeping beside you smelling like that." I laughed at him but he just shrigged it off.

I opened the door.

"Be quick." Sunggyu said and raised my hand sending an 'ok' gesture.

I went to my room and brushed my teeth and such. And then I went out and knocked at Sunggyu's door. He opened it and motioned me to go inside. The room is already dark with just the lamps . I went inside and staright to his bed. He walked on the other side of the bed and lay down.

"Aren't you going in yet?" He asked me as he patted the space beside him. I looked at him.

"I will, just wait ok?" I mumbled. I went to his walk-in closet and searched for some extra pillows on one of the closets. I found two and picked it up and went back to him.

"What are you doing with that, we have enough pillowd here." He pointed at the pillows beside him

"No, they're not enough." I sat down on the bed and placed the two pillows between us as a barrier.

"This is our boundary, if you cross it, I'll kill you." I told him as I tap the two pillows laid between us. He just laughed at me.

"Why are you laughing?!" I shouted at him.

"Nothing, just lay already and sleep. Let's see who'll cross it later and come hugging me." He said as he turned of the lamp beside him and closed his eyes.

"Tss.." I rolled my eyes and lay down, I pulled the blanket up until my shoulders and stared at the ceiling. I turned to my right and turned the lamp beside me.

"Good night Heeseol." I heard him mumble.

"Good night too oppa." I said and closed my eyes.

"Dream of me." I heard him again. I smiled, he's really cheesy.

"I will." I said and smiled to myself.

"I'll dream of you." He said again

"Just sleep! Please!" I said annoyed because he keeps on being cheesy. He laughed softly.

I closed my eyes again and started to get sleepy. I felt the bed shifted, maybe because Sunggyu turned around or what. But I felt a pair of soft lips on my forehead.

"Good night, my love." He whispered. I pretended to be asleep and tried to calm myself. My heart is going crazier. Well, my heart even earlier was beating crazily, from when he said he want me to stay here and sleep. I was nervous because if the possible tjings that might happen. You can't change the fact that I will think of these things because we are human, in a room, alone, in one bed. You know what I mean.

Ahhh! I'm going crazy. I felt the bed shifted again and I opened one if my eyes to peek, Sunggyu was now lying on his side if the bed facing me. I think he's asleep already. I tried my best to get sleepy. Slowly, I felt myself drifting of to dreamland.

 ----

 

Hi!

The single SHINE frim Sunggyu's Another Me  album was a song made by NELL's Kim Jongwan. It is a gift given to Sunggyu.

We all know that Sunggyu is a huge NELL fan, right?

 

Fanboyyyyy

 

Hahha

 

Have you heard NELL's song Four Times Around The Sun. ?

 

It's a great song, I really like it :) you should hear it too sometimes :) Nell got good songs :)

 

HMM. .Friends :)

comment HAHAHAH!!

 

K~ byee:)(