Chapter 54

I Need You, More and More Each Day

"Sunggyu." I whispered. How did he knew? I opened the gate and let him in.

"Heeseol-ah." He smiled at me and I just stared at him. Surprised.

 

I don't know how to treat him, or how to talk to him. I am so shocked. So maybe I should just act like nothing's wrong? Or how? It's useless if I would just be hard on him. Since I was planning to talk things out with him, maybe it's a good opportunity.

Come on Heeseol! You can do it. Besides, you're already friends with him and nothing more. For your son, please?

 

"Come in." I said as I lead him inside the house. I pointed on the couch and went to the kitchen to get him something to drink.

"Ah, here. I have brought a gift." He handed me a paper bag. I nodded and received it. He followed me on the kitchen so I just motioned him to seat on the stool.

"How did you know I live here?" I said as I give him a glass of juice.

"Uhm." He rubbed the back of his head and shook. "I- uhm. I was with Sungjong when you called him."

"Ow. Okay." I nodded slowly. Of all times, why now? Why did it have to be when they're together that I called Sungjong? Oh well, maybe because it's fate. Sungjong almost shouted my name when I said it was me. If only I knew he was with Sunggyu, I should have texted him instead.

"I am sorry if I just came without even telling you. I bet you're surprised."

"No, it's alright." I paused and bit my lip.

"The truth is, I was planning on calling you. I wanted to talk to you about something." I continued.

He sat upright and looked at me intently. My heart beats so fast right from the moment I saw him on the screen. I wasn't expecting him. And now, I don't know how to feel. It's like I'm gonna explode anytime.

"Uhm. Are you hungry or what? Do you want some cake or anything?" I stood up and went to the fridge to bring out the cake.

"Anything would be alright." He said.

I placed the cake in front of him and the plates. I sliced the cake and put some on his plate.

"So how are you?" I asked as I put one slice on my plate.

"Better now." He answered shortly. I nodded. It's kinda awkward, I know.

I am trying to be cool around him. I need to lift the mood up so it won't lead into something I didn't want. Fighting or anything. I need to be open-minded enough and talk to him like a friend.

"How about you? Where have you stayed all these years?" He talks like nothing happened between us. He acts like he forgot everything bad that happened. I know he was just like me at this very moment, being careful with his words and action. I know he didn't want to force anything between us and just wanted to start it off coolly. If we started to talk like we're fighting, nothing would be resolved. We have to be patient with each other right now. And that would be the best.

"I am fine. And, I went to London. I also attended school there to get my masters." I smiled. He nodded and chewed some of his cake.

After we ate we went to the living room and he opened the wine he brought. The paper bag contained wine and some of my favorite chocolates.

The silence was very awkward. I bit my lip and breathe in and out.

"So." He spoke. "Did you sell your apartment?" He looked around the house and sat down on the couch across me.

I shook my head.

"No. That doesn't cross my mind. I would just keep it that way." I said and sipped some of the wine on my glass.

"Ah, Sunggyu-sshi. I want to show you--" I stood up and grabbed his hand. I don't know how to start this so I just grabbed his hand. "Just come." I said when he looked at me clueless.

He stood up and I removed my hand from his. I lead him upstairs and opened the door on my bedroom where Daehan was sleeping. I let him in and lead him to the bed where Daehan is.

I watched his expression and it was priceless. His tears came flowing the moment he saw Daehan. I, too, teared up.

He smiled and kneeled down to the bed's level to take a closer look at Daehan. He touched his cheek and Daehan moved a little. He just sat there quietly beside him and grabbed Daehan's hands.

"I am sorry I had to hide him away from you all these years." I said. I just stayed there standing up beside the dresser.

"I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. And as I thought of it, the only way was for me to hide him from everyone, including you." I rubbed my arms.

"He is like an angel." Those were the first words he muttered right after he saw Daehan. Our son is an angel, oppa.

Sunggyu looked at me and smiled at me. I returned his smile.

"What's his name?" He asked.

"Daehan." I said. He looked at Daehan again and touched his cheeks again.

"How old is he?"

"He's turning three this month. I hope you could come. He would be so happy to meet you." I walked towards them and sat on the other side of the bed.

"Really?" He said with his happy voice. He wiped again his tears and sniffed. I nodded.

"Of course I will come. It would be the first birthday I will attend for our son." He said. Hearing him say the word 'son' sends me chills.

"How did you know I was pregnant back then?" I asked.

"It was so obvious, you know. I got sick too. And I saw some of your vitamins on your drawers before. That made me think." I chuckled at his statement and shook my head.

"You could come back tomorrow if you want, you could play with him. He is a bit moody if you wake him up suddenly in the middle of his sleep." I shook my head and smooth out Daehan's hair.

We decided to go downstairs now because we might wake Daehan up any minute since we're too talkative.

When we reached the last step, Sunggyu suddenly hugged me from behind. It was so tight that I could feel his longing.

"Thank you Heeseol." He whispered on my ear. I touched his arms on my stomach and I nodded.

"You have suffered a lot because of me. I caused you too much pain. I broke my promise." I turned around and hugged him this time. I nodded again. I don't know what to tell him yet since I could still remember the times he broke his promise.

We were seating on the floor and was drinking the wine and it's already midnight but it seemed like we don't want to sleep at all. We were talking about Daehan and we are enjoying it.

"He likes pancake like you do?" He chuckled and leaned back on the foot of the couch.

"Yeah, anytime of the day. Randomly, he would just come to me and ask me to cook for him." I shook my head and sipped some on my glass.

"Wait, I'll just get his photo albums upstairs." I stood up but Sunggyu pulled my arms and I fell on his lap. We looked at each other's eyes and we were breathing deeply. He inched his face towards me and the wine is doing it's effect on me now.

"Eomma!"

But before anything else, I heard Daehan cried on the bedroom so I stood up abruptly and ran upstairs.

I opened the door and saw Daehan on the bed sitting while hugging his toy.

"Eomma~" he cried out as I turn on the lights and ran to him.

"Hey baby, what is it? Eomma's here." I hugged him and wiped his tears.

"Sshh~ it's alright now." He continued crying as he stood up and hugged me on my neck. I rubbed his back and I stood up carrying him. Sunggyu was standing by the door and was watching us. I smiled at him briefly and he returned it.

"Sleep now baby, ok? I'll be by your side. Eomma won't leave you." He stopped crying but continued sobbing as he snuggled his face on my shoulder making it wet with his tears.

After half an hour or so, Daehan fell asleep again and so I put him down on the bed gently and pulled the covers.

"He is like that at times, so I had to sleep beside him always. Except when his Minhwan samchon is present." I said. I realized too late what I said so I looked at him to check his expression. He looked hurt and so I had to make a way to turn it away.

"Sorry if I have to let Minhwan oppa lie to you. I just--" he cut me off.

"No, it's okay. I know you have your reasons. I totally understand." He smiled bitterly.

"So, I better go now. I bet you're tired too." I stood up and nodded. He walked towards the bed and sat down to touch Daehan's face again. He kissed Daehan's forehead and patted it.

"Good night little boy." He whispered and stood up after.

I lead him downstairs and to the gates.

"Can I come by tomorrow?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his neck, looking like he is hesitating on asking. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Yeah. Daehan would be happy." I patted his shoulder and nodded.

"So. . ." He held my hand on his shoulder and pulled me again for a hug. Well, that's awkward.

"Good night then. Thanks for the wonderful time." He broke the hug and smiled at me.

"Yeah. Thank you too. Good night." I waved my hand as he walks to his car and went.

 

I went back to the house and cleaned up the bottle and glasses we used. After that, I went straight to the bedroom and laid beside Daehan.

I watched him sleeping soundly. They really look the same. His eyes, nose and also lips were Sunggyu's. I don't know which part did he have after me. None, I think?

"Daehan-ah, you're appa came by. He was so happy seeing you." I whispered as I touched his cheeks. I smiled to myself that finally, Sunggyu saw his son.

 

Morning came and I was awaken by Daehan, tugging the ends of my shirt.

"Good morning baby." I pulled him up to me and put him on my stomach, sitting. He chuckled when I did that as I kiss his cheeks.

"Eomma. I want to eat." He pouted and I just giggled at his cuteness. I nodded and hugged him tight. He tried to come out of my embrace and so I let him off.

We went to the kitchen after we washed our faces and changed our clothes.

He was playing on his chair with his toys as I cook our breakfast. After that, we ate and went out playing on the backyard, on his little playground eomma bought for him.

Then I heard the doorbell ring so I told Daehan to come with me. He was holding my forefinger and walked with me. I checked the monitor and it was Sunggyu.

I looked at Daehan and sat down on his level.

"Daehan-ah. Eomma will introduce you to someone, okay? Behave, okay?" He nodded and we walked to the gates and opened it.

"Hi." I breathe out and smiled.

"Hello." He said smiling. He looked down and saw Daehan who was hiding behind my legs.

"Oh! Annyeong!" Sunggyu kneeled down and showed Daehan a gift box. Daehan snuggled more behind me. I chuckled.

"Let's just go inside." I lead them inside the house and told Sunggyu to seat on the couch. Daehan was following me around wherever I go. I put down a glass of juice in front of Sunggyu and sat down across him. Daehan went to me and I picked him up to let him sit on my lap.

"Annyeong!" Sunggyu showed his eyesmile to Daehan and Daehan looked at me.

"Daehan-ah. Do you know where your father is?" I asked him. He blinked few times and opened his mouth.

"Seoul." He answered briefly. I nodded.

"Aigoo. Our Daehannie is so smart." I kissed his cheeks. I looked over Sunggyu who, I think, was very delighted as to what he is seeing.

"Do you want to meet him?" Daehan nodded instantly. I chuckled.

"Daehan-ah. He is your appa." I motioned to Sunggyu and Daehan looked at him again. Sunggyu waved his hands and smiled at him.

"Go to your appa. He wants to hug you." I put Daehan down and he just stood there watching Sunggyu.

"Go now baby, he won't hurt you." I pushed him a little and Daehan walked slowly towards Sunggyu who was opening his arms to welcome his son to his embrace. They hugged each other and then Daehan sat on Sunggyu's lap.

"You're much cuter when you're awake." Sunggyu pinched Daehan's nose and chuckled. I smiled at the view. They look so cute, they look so alike.

"He had all your features, you know. And I'm so jealous." I said to which he just chuckled on.

"Daehan-ah, I'm your appa. See, we look the same." He pointed on his eyes and to Daehan's. They really had small eyes and that was too cute of them.

"Appa?" Daehan called for the first time and made my heart skip a beat, just like the first time he said eomma to me. Sunggyu nodded and hugged Daehan again.

They talked a little but Daehan still look distant to Sunggyu. He is still stiff whenever Sunggyu holds him and he wont even answer sometimes.

Daehan went playing on his playground again and so we just watched him on the garden nearby, sitting on the chairs there.

"It felt so good." He said out of the blue and I looked at him.

"I was waiting for this day to come to finally meet my son, and now here it is. And I really thank you for that." He continued.

There was a moment of silence before I opened my lips to ask.

"Why didn't you ask me back then? If I was pregnant or what?." I said.

He didn't answer right away and just sighed.

"I was scared too. And I really wanted you to say it first. I was waiting for you and I have opened up that topic for several times but I didn't get any." He confessed. I nodded.

"Then one night I saw your vitamins and the unused pregnancy tests on your drawer before, I already asked you about having kids. But, I think you felt awkward so you just didn't answer it. So I pushed it away." I looked at him remembering that night when he asked me about having little Sunggyu around. And now here it is, there was really literally a little Sunggyu in front of us.

"Your stomach went bigger and bigger. At times I had the urge to ask you but I restrained because I thought it would be better if you're the one who'll open up."

I nodded. He waited but I didn't even had even the slightest urge to tell him. I felt bad just the thought of it. What difference would it have been if I told him?

"Uhm. You see, Daehan hasn't still that close to you. Please be patient with him, he's adjusting. Everything's new to him and you are very new to him." I said. I realized that I don't know what to say to him so I changed the topic.

"Yeah, it's okay. I'm eager to do everything for him. He's my son." He smiled looking at Daehan.

"The truth is, I really thought you won't tell me this soon. I thought you',43 not ready yet. I don't want to force you until last night when you finally let me see him." He said. I looked at him and he had this bitter smile.on his face. You could see that he is about to cry but just restraining it.

"I am sorry." Were the only words I am able to say. He have suffered so much, he have waited so long for this day to come and he thought it would take a little more time. I think I made a right decision to introduce him to Daehan.

 

 

--------

 

Oh.

 

Please. Help me to move on! Haha!!

 

I don't knowwwww anymore!

 

Hi Guys! It's been a long 2 months since I last updated you with this story. I am sorry for making you wait.

And finally it's here! :) thank you for waiting patiently!

 

Ok, so, I am asking ypu to.hwlp.me move on because last night was Infinite Effect. And it was  their leg on my country. .like oh God! It was amazing! As per usual. . I don't know what to feelll. .

I am so overwhelmed by everything, the closeness, the interactions. .

 

At the very beginning, the longing I had all these two years, al the emotional ups and downs, the happiness and sadness I had to have while I love them, ran down as tears and I couldn't help myself but cry while watching them. .even though they're that close to me, I couldn't help myself but miss them more. It surely have been just like a dream last night. I may not be able to show what my eyes captured last night, but I know they'll be kept forever in mybheart. The connection was too legit and overwhelming, you know the feeling you have when you're really in front of the one you love and there'a this string that connects you to them and al the love you have just grows even more and you know that someday, the connection would get better and better. BUT, you shouldn't be too serious about it, or you'll get hurt 'cause you know that they'll always be tje person you'll love from a distance, couldn't hug them, couldn't tell them with open eyes that you love them face-to-face, and they wouldn't be yours no matter what. Coz we're just fans. But, that wouldn't stop us, me, I just have to love them and shouldn't expect.

 

That reality hitted me always right in the middle of my heart and brain. Haha!!

 

I JUST SO LOVE INFINITE MORE RIGHT NOW!

 

THANKS FOR THE WOMDERFUL NOVEMBER 7TH NIGHT INFINITE!

I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU PATIENTLY!

 

08 NOVEMBER 2015 5:59 KST