Chapter 34

I Need You, More and More Each Day

"Can someone tell me what's going on?!" I partly raised my voice. I went to my parents right after my conversation with President Kim. I was so shocked when I heard that I was arranged to him years ago.

My mother was sitting on the sofa while me and father was standing, him by the window and me just not far from my mother.

"What was that arranged marriage thingy I heard from a man I barely know?!" I held my forehead with my right hand.

"Heeseol, we're sorry." Mother looked at me with pleading eyes. I can feel her tears are ready to flow down.

I rolled my eyes and breathe in deeply, trying to calm myself.

"This is for you." I heard my father as he continue to look outside.

What? I sighed and rolled my eyes when I heard him say that.

"It's not like I can't protect myself or what. .Appa, you can't do this to me!"

"Calm down Heeseol-ah." My mother looked at me with pleading eyes.

"How can I calm down when you've arranged me into a marriage I didn't want in the first place?! How can you choose someone I never know of! You don't even think of how will I feel!" I slumped down on the sofa holding my head with both hands as I feel my head throbbing.

"You'll need him for the company."

"Really? It's always for the company! I can't believe you." That's it, I heard the words again. I am full of it. I stood up and walked away from them. I heard my mother calling out my name but I just ignored it. I went out and drove myself to my apartment.

My car sped up and faster than I thought I reached my house.

I can't believe that they did that to me!

How can they say that I'll need him for the company?!

They didn't even think about me, it's always for their company.

I did everything they want. I took up something for the comapny, they didn't even asked me if I wanted it. I went away for the comoany. I came back for the company. I started off too early for the company. It's always for the company. And now, marry someone for the company?! Wow. Just wow.

 

My phone rang and when I checked it's an unknown number. I hesitates to pick it up but yeah.

"Hello."

"Hi." I heard on the other line.

"Who's this?"

"Jaehyun. " I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I see you went home well." He continued.

"Yes Mr. Kim."

"You're calling me Mr. Kim, you can call me by my name."

"I don't want to, we don't have that kind of relationship."

"Alright then. Are you available tomorrow?" What does he want, really.

"No. Why?"

"Just wondering if we can have lunch tomorrow."

"Look, I just knew this marriage thingy between us and I don't feel like going to dates with you. If you want to, please give me some more time." I breathe in deeply as I propped myself on my bed.

"It's not a date Miss. I'm not calling a date. It's just a lunch together. Business lunch." I can feel he smirked on the other line. I facepalm knowing what I just said. Who said it was a date in the first place!

"Ok, let me check my schedule. You can ask my secretary if you want. Since you knew my number, I guess you knew my secretary's number too."

"Alright. I asked her already, jt's scheduled right before I called you." I rolled my eyes 

"Who said you can just put anything on my schedule?" Really. Did he had a control on me?

"Your parents. I am your future fiance." He said nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes again.

"I can feel you're rolling your eyes at me." Ha! You're powerful, huh.

"No, I'm not!" He chuckled.

"Good night. See you tomorrow." 

I ended the call. I stared at my ceiling thinking things through.

That Jaehyun guy is something. Someone I can't predict, like Sunggyu.

I wonder where Sunggyu is. I wonder if he thinks of me too.

After that night, I didn't know what happened anymore. I just decided to accept my father's proposal, and that's it, I don't have any news about him. I didn't want to hear any of them though.

 

--

 

"Any reservations ma'am?" The receptionist smiled as she asked me.

"Ah yes, from Kim Jaehyun." I smiled to her. She scanned her monitor then she asked one of the staffs to guide me to where Mr. Kim was.

I saw a Jaehyun and he lifted up his head to greet me a smile. He stood up and waved at me.

"This way ma'am." I followed the staff.

"Hey. How are you?" Jaehyun pulled the chair and I sat on it.

"All fine." I said without any interest on my voice. He sat opposite mine as the waiter gave us the menu. We ordered our food and just sat there.

"Speak up. I want to hear your voice."

"I don't have anything to tell you. And besides we're just going to eat lunch and that's all." I looked at him. He smirked.

"Hmm. Well then, I can ask you anything, right?." he leaned back on his seat and looked at me attentively.

"You can ask, but I may not answer you."

"Do you know that our engagement party will be in two days?" What?! I widened my eyes when I heard that.

"Ne?!" All of the people around us looked us. This is really surprising. He chuckled and nodded.

"Don't laugh! It is not funny!" I said with a lower voice this time aware of the people around us.

"Are you serious about it?"

"Yes, it's in two days. And it has been prepared for like a year."

"Really?!" I closedy eyes as I try to suppress my throbbingvhead. Ah! This is making me crazy.

"Mr. Kim, do you have a girlfriend?" I tried to be calm and think. I wonder if he has a girlfriend or what. This is something. He must have one, he is a bachelor. Many girls would have been so crazy about him.

"Yes." He crossed his arms on his chest.

"Then, you should marry her. I am too young for this and we both know we don't like each other."

"I am marrying her. In fact she's with me right now."

"What do you mean?" I looked around to find any girl near us that might be her girlfriend.

"It's you."

"What?! I am not your girlfriend!."

"I am going to marry you no matter what."

I scoffed.

Our food arrived and we ate quietly as I try not to talk to him or what. I don't want to start a conversation with him, it's just going to be like this. I will be irritated and all.

"Why are you so quiet?" I stopped slicing the food. I fought with my mind if I should look at him or what, but in the end I looked at him.

"I already told you I don't have anything to say. If you want to, after--" I said.

"Let's have a date!" He cut me off. I looked at him with wide eyes and leaned back on my chair.

"What?"

"Let's have a date, let's know each other. Besides, we still have two days left before our engagement. We need to act naturally in front of the people." I rolled my eyes at his statement.

"We don't need to do that, no one knew that we just had met yesterday. No one knew I just knew you yesterday."

"Well, people expect us to be, you know." 

"To be a sweet couple? Oh gosh!"

He stood up from his seat. I eyed him as he walk towards me and held my hand. He pulled me out of the restaurant as he call someone on his phone.

"Car." He simply said and looked at me.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" I shouted at him. People are looking at us.

 

"Holding your hands while walking." He dragged me towards the lobby where his car stopped.

 

--Flashback--

 

"What are you doing?" I asked him referring to our hands."Walking with you?" He replied shortly."No, I mean, This" I stopped on my tracks and held our hands high."Holding your hands while walking?" He said shortly and started to walk dragging me with him."I can go alone." I told him pulling my hands and stopping my tracks."No." He said and tighten his grip on my hands. He looked at me and smiled. 

 

--end of flashback--

 

I looked at Jaehyun who opened the door on the passenger's seat.

"Heeseol-sshi, get in now." He tapped my shoulder to wake me up from my reverie.

Those words. He said the same words at me.

Then I felt him push me inside the car so I just sat there.

He went to the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Hmm. Don't be too shocked when I pulled you on your seat. I am sorry." He chuckled as he continued to drive. I stayed quiet. I looked at my ring finger at my left hand, there's still the ring. I didn't pull it out, even once.

I heard Jaehyun clear his throat, so I just ignored it.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I swallowed hard and blinked a few times. I don't want to answer that question since I don't know what to say.

"I knew about this marriage thing a year ago. I started to know more about you since then. Well, that time, I had a girlfriend. But, circumstances happened, and I knew about her cheating on me." I continued to look at the road.

"When I heard from your parents you're coming back, I didn't know what to do. Everything was moved, the engagement."

"Why didn't you do anything to stop this crazy thing?" I looked at him. He looked back at me and back to the road. He sighed and pulled over the side. He stopped the car's engine and looked at me again.

"You know, I can't."

"You could have just dated anyone and got them pregnant and married her! Don't pull me onto this, I don't have any reasons to stay and get married with you!" I shouted at him.

"Heeseol, your father is sick." What?

I felt my heart sunk. I felt my tears flowing down my face.

"What?" I said almost like a whisper.

"He needs us for the company."

I opened the door but he stopped me by pulling my arm.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to see and ask him."

"I can drive you there." He closed the door and drove us to my parents' house.

 

 

--

 

Haaaaahhhhh~~~

 

Hi everyone!

You're all quiet hahaha! Comment pleaseee talk to me pleaseee hahah

 

So here's an update.

Where's sunggyuuuu?!! Haha

 

Ok bye~ i'll update again soon.

 

5:58PM 15AUG2014