Chapter 1

I Need You, More and More Each Day

Time passed by so fast and it felt like it was just yesterday when I first saw you.

I was at the veranda that was connected on my room, looking down at the car that stopped outside our house. I think it was the visitor father was talking about the other day. Bags after bags are being pulled out from the car's trunk, I wonder who owns those. Ah yeah, the visitor of course. But hey, those are a lot of bags. Are they going to stay here forever?

The door of the car opened and a boy walks out. I think he's the visitor's son. Well, where are his parents? Ah, maybe they went inside now. He was inspecting the whole surrounding, he tilts his head slowly around him, and then he looked up. We stared at each other for like 5 seconds when I heard my mother calling me.

"Heeseol-ah, aren't you going down? We have visitors." My mother said while walking towards me on my room.

I nodded. "Yes mother, I'll be going down." I smiled at her. I looked down again but he's gone. was I just imagining things or not?

I walked towards my mother, giving her a sweet smile. When I came near her, she patted my head and responded me a much sweeter smile.

We walked down the stairs and as we came near, we heard people laughing. I can hear father's laugh and a man's and a woman's laugh.

"Oh, here is my daughter Heeseol." Father said smiling while I was nearing them.

"Mrs. Lee, you have a very beautiful daughter." The woman said as she was giving me a smile that makes her eyes looked like they were smiling on their own.

"Thank you." Mother said as she patted my shoulder. I smiled at the woman and bowed to them. I looked at the man, I am sure he wasn't the one I saw earlier but their features are so much alike.

"Let's have a tea first." My father said and directed us to the patio on or garden just right after the dining hall.

I sat beside my mother and looked outside, searching for the boy I saw earlier. Was I just imagining things or is there really a boy who came with them?

"Was there anything bothering you, darling?" My mother asked me. I looked at her and shook my head no.

"No, nothing mother." I smiled and looked down at my lap.

"Mrs. Kim, where's your son by the way?" Mother asked the lady who was sitting in front of her.

"Ah, I think he hasn't got out the car yet." Mrs. Kim said while looking at her, as I assumed, husband. They looked at each other with sadness in their faces and Mrs. Kim sighed.

"Oh, he's here!." Mr. Kim said

I looked back to see if it was really the boy I saw outside. And yes, I was right. He walks towards his mother and stood beside her.

"He is our son, Sunggyu".  Mrs. Kim stood up and patted the boy's shoulder.

"Annyeong haseyo, I'm Kim Sunggyu." He said as he bowed perfectly.

"You can sit down, young man." Father said smiling to him. He kept his head down, when his mother told him something that I couldn't hear. He nodded and sat up. He didn't kept his head down for now, but sat comfortably.

He has this very small eyes, thick eyebrows, lips that shaped perfectly and a nose that's perfectly pointed. He is quite fine. Me having this interest on arts such as drawing and painting could define his features as good features, good enough and pretty enough for a young man.

He looked at me and I quickly turned my gaze away from him. I hope he didn't felt weird about me looking at him, because I know he noticed it.

The "tea party" went well. They were discussing about things that I wasn't interested of, even once. I just sat there the whole time, sipping the hot tea on my cup slowly.  And so he is. He was very quiet and so do I. I don't have anything to tell them regarding on what they are talking about, once again, I AM NOT EVEN INTERESTED.

And it passed by just like that.

I excused myself when I realized that I have to go to the comfort room. Well, it's not really the bathroom that I want to go to, but to my room. The atmosphere on the patio is just so suffocating. So I went straight to my room and plopped myself on my bed and closed my eyes.

His face came up to my mind. He looks so sad. And without knowing I slept.

-----

I woke up with the continuous knocking on my door. "Heeseol-ah, it's time for dinner now."

It's mother. "Yes mother."

I fixed myself and walked to my door and opened it only to be welcomed by a walking boy who stopped his steps surprised when he noticed me walking out of my room. We looked at each other as I bowed. He bowed also and motioned me to go first. I walked ahead of him. As we reached the dining room I saw only my parents. Where are his parents?

"Oh, let's eat now." Father said as we sat down on our seats. He was seating across me.

"So, Heeseol, this is Sunggyu. He will be staying here for a month with us." Father said. I just nodded looking at him as he was just staring his plate.

"Be friends with him, ok?" Mother said as she held my hand on my lap. I nodded.

We ate quietly as mother and father just talked about things in the house.

The dinner went by like that. So quiet. After dinner, we went to our rooms. I noticed that his room is just across mine.

So why his parents are not here?. Did they abandon him here?.Haha.

Many thoughts like that went to my mind and I just fell asleep just like that.