VII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IHome Visits I

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci7ihK2zhGg

Mi Sun’s POV

It was another Sunday, another day off for Mi Sun, another day to spend with her new friend. She hadn’t seen or talked to him much since meeting his friends. She had messaged him a few times to get info on getting to his home, but he had always given her short, vague answers. Until today when he called and told her to just wait outside of her work, and he’d pick her up. She hadn’t even known he could drive. Maybe one of his friends will be driving.

She was now standing outside the park gates waiting. It was around 2p.m. She had been here since 1:30. It wasn’t that long of a wait, but it was getting pretty hot outside. Even in her jean shorts and thin floral blouse she was starting to perspire. She couldn’t help but wonder why her work. He must live far to have me wait here for him.

“Mi Sun?”

She turned at her name and found her colorful friend standing with his hands in his pockets. “That’s nuna to you.”

He laughed, brushing her comment off. “Have you been waiting long?”

“Not really,” she fibbed. “Where is your car?” she questioned.

“Ah, uh we are walking. I hope that’s okay…we don’t have any vehicles, and besides, I don’t have my license yet,” he bit his lip noticeably embarrassed.

“Oh, that’s alright. I wore my runners today!” she lifted up her leg, showing off her most comfortable tennis.

“Great! Come on, follow me,” he waved her over. “Into the park?” she questioned surprised. “Ah... Yeah… it’s a um… short cut.” “Oh, okay,” she followed smiling.

She continued following him, her smile slowly but surely falling from her face. It had been about 30 minutes of following without any indication of being close to their destination from Sehun. That, along with the blazing sun, was starting to get to her.

She reached into her signature brown bag and pulled out a bottle of sunscreen. “What’s that for?” he asked having turned to check on her. “Sun screen. If you haven’t noticed I’m really pale, so I burn easy.” “I’ve noticed…you’re like the moon,” he whispered gently. “What?”

Ignoring her again, he turned and continued on his way. Not wanting to get left behind she sped up trying to catch up, while at the same time lathering on the much needed SPF.

After another 20 minutes they had reached a thick grove of trees. It was thicker, and darker than any part of the forest she had seen before. She was surprised at not recognizing the place since she had spent so much time over the years at this park.

“Where are we?” she pondered a loud. “Almost to my home. Just another 10 minutes id say.” “Oh….why don’t I recognize this place?” “The forest is big, I’m sure there’s many places you’ve yet to visit.”

She didn’t respond, just followed, quietly taking in her surroundings.

“Is there an exit on this side of the park,” she finally spoke. “No.” “No? Then what, do you and your friends live inside the forest?” she laughed at the ridicules notion. “Yes,” he said simply. As if he were talking about if he was hungry.

She blinked, “I’m sorry? Did you just say yes to living in the forest?” Pausing before answering her, he pushed aside a bush and said, “yeah. This is my home,” he pointed to a building on the other side of the bush.

It was a rundown cottage with missing shingles, half hidden by a stone wall. It looked like it would fall over with a simple blow of the wind.

“You live in that thing?” she asked in disbelief. “It’s sturdier than it looks,” he defended. “Sehun you can’t possibly live here. It looks like it could fall over at any minute. It’s dangerous!” Sighing he remarked, “You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.”

Why does it sound like he’s referring to more than just the house?

“Come on, the guys are inside,” he grabbed her hand, forcing her to follow. “Your friends I met last week?” she asked chewing on her lip. “Yes.”

With a push of his finger the door swung open, a cool breeze blowing out. She shuddered wondering why it was cooler on the inside.

“They probably have the air conditioner on,” he spoke knowingly. “You get electricity up here!?”She yelp stunned.

He led her inside, past a room with couches that had springs popping out, another where light was shining in where the ceiling should be, and up to a closed door. Compared to the rest of the house this door was sturdy and newish looking. It had intricate details and was a dark brown with a shiny brass handle that Sehun put a key into; turning once unlocked.

With more effort than the front door, he pushed it open revealing a set of well-made stairs that like the door, contrasted the feel of the house. Together they walked down into the dimly lit room. A small bulb swung from the celling casting an eerie glow.

They ended up at another door, this one even nicer than the one they just entered. It’s like this house has levels of something, Mi Sun thought playful. Another level with this door was that instead of just a push, or a key, it needed a code to get in.

Sliding up the key pad, Sehun turned to her. Getting the hint she looked anywhere but at what he was doing. A mechanical buzzing was heard, then the heavy door moved back and slid to the side.

Amazed by this maze of a home, her mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter