LXXI

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IEpilogue: The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Misun sighed, hanging up the last of her clothes. Her forehead perspired slightly from the heat of the iron she’d been using, but at least she was done and all her clothes were put away. She moved on to clearing off her vanity that was constantly piled high with new products and potions Ciel brought. Mostly she passed them on, but there were a few she liked and hoarded for herself.

As she cleaned and organized she came upon a small notebook. Sighing, she took a seat and thumbed through it. The last page of doodles stopped her hand and glanced over the nonsense on it. The page had been decorated a few days ago when her grandparents and she visit Byul.

It was an awkward meeting like they all were, with Byul looking past them into space and their grandmother doing her best to make conversation. At first her and her grandfather would animatedly try and indulge the powerless fairy, but as a year passed and Byul began to lose the light in her eyes and more and more, the talking seemed to lessen. Now their grandfather was there more for show, and Misun only really talked when a question was thrown near her way.

It was sad really, but maybe Zelo had been right back then; Byul was related through blood, but it was the bonds created that made someone family. She was starting to think they would never be able to reach Byul, and by her deteriorating state of mind and body, she wasn’t sure how much longer she would last.

But that was not her fault. She did her best, and in the end her decision saved lives. And the last time she saw the guys practice their magic, they had taken to it very well. Even Yongguk thought they were naturals, especially considering their species.

Just as Misun finished with her vanity, a knock brought her to her door, which she opened to two beautiful faces. One stood with judging eyes. “You’re going to wear that?”

Misun looked down at herself. She dawned loose cotton shorts, and an oversized white T with a picture of a bearded guy. It was Sunday, her day of cleaning and laundry, what were they expecting of her?

The taller one hit the fashionista who didn’t seem to care. “It’s supposed to be a formal dinner,” they said reiterating their point. Misun could only cluck her tongue and push past them. “All I heard was dinner,” she jeered. The two said nothing as she walked away, only following in her footsteps.

“Finally,” a broad shouldered male said, “I’m hungry. Why do girls always take so long?”

The person that entered with Misun scoffed, “That’s just rude and ist.”

The male from before looked away, taking his seat. “Sorry. Can we just eat?”

Misun laughed, “Yeah yeah. I’m starved as well.” She took her usual seat and smiled down at her plate. It was filled high with stir fried veggies and rice noodles. There was also a small bowl of fruits and nuts to the side. “Thanks,” she said looking to the smaller male across from her. He returned her with a small abashed smile, digging into his own food.

It was only recently that she fully embraced the Faye way of being vegan. It wasn’t hard for her to adjust though. Zelo did tell her it was in there nature to not want to harm or consume animals. She rather liked her new diet, and was thankful for the support she was surrounded with.

“Well Misun? What do you think?” a voice said drawing her attention. She looked up at the male, mouth full of food. “Huh?” she sputtered. The table laughed at her.

“Don’t eat with your mouth full,” a small hand patted her back. Misun nodded at the motherly tone and accepted the water.

Seeing that she was no longer dying, the voice asked again, “Who do you think he should choose? For the marriage proposal of course.”

The tall, pale faced male next to her coug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter