LIX

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IIT'S TIME

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“This is a dangerous game the King is playing,” Ciel chastised as Misun was busy changing in her closest.

“It’s not a game,” the girl snapped, “My father’s life is at stake, and possibly my…sister. Either way, you shouldn’t say things like that. If someone other than me had heard you, you’d be in trouble.”

Ciel rolled his eyes, “If anyone besides you were here I would not have said anything.”

“You’re becoming quite sarcastic,” Misun commented, slightly impressed. “Besides,” she continued, “What choice does he have? If a full out fight happens and someone on either side is killed the Vampire King could take it as a threat and react with war. That’s what Tao said anyway.”

“Still,” Ciel replied, “After what those leeches did to Lady Yun you’d at least think we’d be allowed some kind of revenge.”

“But isn’t that why my mother was killed? It was their revenge for grandfather killing their master,” Misun said quietly, exiting her closet.

A solemn look passed between the two before the attendant gave his lady an appreciative look. “You look like a warrior,” he smiled, “that’s something your mother never was. She was strong willed, but never a fighter.”

Going to stand in front of a mirror, Misun also took in her appearance. Her once bright bob had grown in the months she’d been here, and her roots showed drastically. She’d have to get them redone or decide on a new color soon. The rest of her was covered in swaths of black cotton. Her blouse was long and sleeveless, bound together by ribbons of silk. Her pants were made of the same cloth and baggy except where ribbons wrapped around her waist and ankle. Then her shoes were soft leather that matched her gloves and made her movement easy and lith.

She did look like a warrior. Her wardrobe was very similar to that of the court guards that roamed the halls. The only thing she was missing were the random plates of armor they dawned.

Earlier, when Yongguk had given her the outfit, she had seen him in his uniform, and the armor he wore only covered his left arm and chest with an armored belt that hid his right hip. It was weird to say the least, but Misun figured it was more of a statement than a need for protection.

“So, tell me one more time, for my sanity, what is the King’s plan?” Ciel asked.

Misun rolled her eyes, but gave him her attention. “Yongguk will lead a battalion along with Himchan, Jongup, and Yongjae; me; and the wolf pack. We’re going to the border where Daehyun has made a deal with a warlock to get us into the Troll Lands unknown. The ones

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter