LXII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ITroll Nest

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks to Youngjae, they found their way to the troll nest. In a center of a small clearing was a tangle of gnarled trees the opened to darkness.

“They’re most likely down there,” Kris said pointing at the opening.

Beside him, Tao looked apprehensive. “Will we be enough? We have no way of knowing how many are down there. Trolls all smell the same so I can’t distinguish they’re numbers.”

Chen nudged his arm with a smirking look earning a flick to his ears from Tao. “No I’m not scared!”

“Quite,” Youngjae barked.

Kris nodded, “He’s right. If we want to stand a chance we need to move quietly. Trolls don’t have the common sense to guard themselves. However many there are, they’ll all be together. And since they’ve caught themselves some pray, they’ll probably be at the very bottom of they’re nest. Everyone knows that’s where they feed.”

“Feed?” Misun squeaked, “They’re gonna eat them?” Chen dipped his head in acknowledgment.

“That’s why if we take them by surprise we can take down one or two and rescue Xiumin and Lay. If the tall one isn’t dead yet,” Youngjae explained.

“Of course he isn’t!” Kris snapped.

Youngjae held up his hands in surrender. Turning to Misun he said, “You and I will fall back and use our magic to keep as many of the trolls at bay as we can. The guys here will take down whoever gets past us and rescue the others. This will be the fastest and easiest way to all get out in one piece. Is that fine?” He turned to Kris. The wolf nodded.

“Then let’s go,” Tao smirked.

 

It was wet, and that was something Misun did not expect. Water dripped from the tangled roots above and soaked into mushy clay stairs at their feet. With her own weight, she made indentions into the steps. She wondered how they hadn’t disintegrated all together with trolls going up and down it, but that was probably a question for another day.

Kris was at their lead, Tao and Chen’s wolf body flanking him. A few meters back followed Misun and Youngjae. They were holding hands, much to the other’s dismay; Misun could have sworn she heard Tao say again how Sehun would be mad, but she decided to ignore that.

Youngjae had explained to her that this was away for faeries to transfer magic, share it, or enhance it. It would mix their energies and depending on what they wanted it to do would strengthen them. so why’ll she was admiring and pondering about her new surroundings, in the back of her mind she was concentrating on what Youngjae told her to. They were the most important part of this rescue after all.

They passed floor after empty floor. Each one looked slightly different, but always held the most random of things like a broken coffee pot, lopsided stools, and even a smashed grandfather clock.

“Quite!” Kris snapped, holding up a hand, “I hear something.” They had made their way past he fifth floor by now, and this one was filled with crumpled up newspapers.

Tao gave him a sideways look, “No one was talking.” He got shushed again.

Soon a flickering light came into view and a grumbling of voices could be heard. Misun couldn’t make out wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter