L

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMind

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tao taught her vigilantly; not holding anything back. They went on, running every morning, although not everyone always joined, but at the very least it was the three teachers and the student. In the afternoon Tao would spar with her, teaching her tricks and new movements constantly. Then in the evenings D.O. would spend time showing her how to manipulate her muscles and lack thereof into strengths. How to make a hit hard, and a kick swifter.

Not much time had passed, but she seemed to be learning fast, taking everything in like a sponge. Misun was happy about this, and her teachers were proud of her progress. The only ones obviously not happy about it was her grandmother and Ciel. They did not appreciate how she came to every meal tired, and prepared for bed with new bruises.

Their only relief being Lay who came to her every night before she slept to heal her wounds. He could not possible forget a session because a certain grey haired wolf would pester him until he went to her. There was also a certain tall fairy that would make sure her attendee would give her special Faye vitamins and types of foods to boost her energy. That way she would always be prepared the next day for another round of training.

After roughly a week of this, Yongguk had decided it was time to move from phase 1: the body, to phase 2:  the mind.

It was designated that the person in charge of this would be Daehyun; he was one of the best in the entire court at using his Mesmer so it made the most sense. They would of course also need someone to practice on since using such magic was not easy on fairies, especially experienced ones who knew what it felt like to influence and mesmerize others. That’s why Chanyeol volunteered to be the guinea pig for Misun, and everyone else opted out of joining since it would need concentration and too many people could make it difficult.

So, the three of them sat in an empty sitting room. Like the rest of the court it was filled with intricately designed furniture, sparkling floors and walls, and beautiful paintings of Faye history.  Misun recognized one as a depiction of the first Fairy Kings’ meeting with a human child for the first time. It had a baroque feel to it, if her art history course from University taught her anything. She also recalled seeing a replica of it in a book of historic paintings she had to memorize during her history lessons here in the court.

“I want you to concentrate on Chanyeol. Look into his eyes and try and lose yourself,” Daehyun instructed. He sat in comfy arm chair across from the two who sat in a spacious love seat. Both Misun and the weirdly smiling wolf were turned in to face each other; one leg propped under them to be comfortable.

The female nodded, and released a nervous breath before drawing her eyes from the floral cushioning to her partners sot brown eyes. She noticed the small crinkles around his eyes, and she wondered how often he must smile to already have a set of crow’s feet.

“Concentrate!” Daehyun said again, a bit more loudly. Both of the love seats occupants jumped, giving a hesitant glance to the King’s attendant, then back at each other.

Misun was even more nervous now, and Chanyeol immediately noticed that. He let his wide smile returned and said brightly, “Don’t worry. I’m perfectly okay with being controlled by you as long you don’t make me do something weird like Kiss the floor. All though I probably wouldn’t dislike you for it either.” Laughing, Misun nodded, and centered her vision on his eyes again.

They became silent and stared at each other calmly; the sound of the grandfather clock in the corner ticking rhythmically to their breathing. After a while Daehyun spoke up again, “A person who has been influenced or mesmerized loses a bit of themselves for a while. They lose their own will and do only what their influencer has told them to. The trick to this is for the influencer to also lose themselves a bit. They must mix their desires with their victims to become one self with the same goals. They only lose themselves for a bit though or else they will lose the upper hand and a dangerous connection could be made allowing the influencee to become the influencer. Because of this fine line you, Misun, have to always be completely concentrated on your target. If you have even a thought of losing concentration you must immediately stop and let them go. If not you can hurt both yourself and them. Understand?”

“I do,” she replied softly, not taking her eyes of Chanyeol’s. “Good,” Daehyun smiled to himself, “I can feel your concentration. It’s strong. In fact, I think you may have already started. Chanyeol, can you look away? Or moreover, do you want to look away?”

The wolf in question, whose wide smile had softened to a more natural one, shook his head. “Not really. It feels…so calming. I feel like I could stare into her eyes forever and still be happy.” “Good,” Daehyun said again.

“Now Misun, I want you to try and tell him to do something. Something simple that doesn’t take a lot of energy or work.” “Okay,” the female whispered.

She gulped gently, and said the first thing that came to mind. “Raise your hand.” She said it with as much force she could muster, narrowing her eyes as she stared into his. They immediately widened though as she saw his glaze over slightly, and his right hand move past his head. She also took note of his soft mutterings, “Raise my hand…raise…my hand…she wants me to raise my hand.”

Surprised, she looked away and he immediately dropped his hand and blinked rapidly. “Did it work?” she asked Daehyun, “Did it really work?” Misun then turned her questioning gaze on Chanyeol. “Did you do that because I told you to or because I wanted you to?”

The wolf blinked, still a bit shocked. “I…I don’t know. I mean I heard you, but I hadn’t actually meant to raise it when I did.”

Across from them Daehyun laughed and clapped to himself. “That was really simple, but I think it worked. I’m surprised though. Usually fairies can’t use Mesmer on their first try! You’re a natural!”

“Really!?” Misun asked excited, “I want to try again; I want to try something harder!” “Sure, but nothing too hard. I want you to try and get him to do something without actually saying it. Instead think it. This will be much harder so don’t feel bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter