XLIV

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IThe Ball

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Faye milled about all throughout the Song Wing and the main court. They moved at a slightly faster pace than usual, but still couldn’t quite shake their calm fairy nature. On the other hand, a certain blonde female couldn’t keep the racing of her heart just inside her body.

Misun was in a complete panic. She was nervous about meeting the court and Faye people for the first time officially; she was nervous about remembering all the things she had been taught in the past few weeks; she was nervous about having to formally dress up when she had never in life done so before; but mostly, she was nervous she'd disappoint her grandparents and B.A.P.

With her heart and mind a race she could not concentrate on anything and could hardly function. She stood like a wide eyed doll as the nine fairy seamstresses of Ginseng pulled and prodded at her; poking her in the eye every so often; pinched her scalp at times. It was almost torture as they helped the young fairy get ready.

“Lady Misun, are you okay?” Jessica asked lowering the eyebrow pencil. The blonde in question slowly drug her eyes to the black haired beauty. She didn’t answer right away her brain still needing time to process the question. “I think I may die,” she finally answered without expression.

Jessica blinked, and the other eight females paused. “What?”

Misun blinked as well, “What?” she repeated.

“You said you think you may die,” Sunny answered still brushing Misun’s short bob. “I did?” she asked surprised. When all the guys nodded she laughed awkwardly. “Uh, sorry. I meant yeah, I’m fine…just fine.”

“No, you aren’t,” a voice said from the bedroom entry way. All ten heads popped up to find a rigid Ciel with his hands behind his back and a frown on his face. “I think she is fully prepared…physically. You girls can go,” he continued.

Yuri pouted, “But we aren’t done!”

“Yes, you are. Now why don’t you go see if Ginseng needs your help with Lady Honoka.” Ciel’s words snapped the girls into attention, and they began to giggle and gather their things before shuffling out of the room.

The door clicked closed and the two Faye left continued to stand in place; one staring blankly into space, and the other staring at the mentally gone other.

Having had enough silence, Ciel steps forward, the heels of his boots clicking against the floor rhythmically. He stops before the blonde, and tilts his head up not being quite to her height.

“What if they don’t like me?” Misun asks softly, still not looking at him. “What’s not to like.” is the response she gets.

She closes her eyes, “What if I mess up?” Ciel blinks, “So what if you do.”

“What if I’m not good enough to be debuted as a Song Fairy. What if they expect more from the daughter of Song Yun?” she asks, frustrated tears burning behind her eyelids. Her attendant pauses, making her even more anxious.

“You are smart,” he finally speaks, “You are brave. You are beautiful. You are kind. You are everything Yun was; everything a Song fairy is; everything you are, and so much more.”

Misun opens her eyes, a lone tear finding its way down her cheek. She looks down, her black eyes meeting his blue ones for the first time since she was found at the B.A.P. training grounds last week. “Do you…really think so?” Ciel smiled, a rare thing for him, “Of course my lady.”

He removed a hand from behind his back and brushed the lone tear away. “Don’t cry. You’ll ruin SNSD’s hard work.” “I can’t help it,” the blonde laughed. Her attendant nodded in response, “Yes I figured. That’s why I brought you something.” Misun blinked, “You did?”

Ciel brought out his other hand and stepped back slightly. In his grip was a clear vile with a light blue liquid. “What is that?” Misun questioned wonderingly. The blue-haired male smirked, “A welcome present…of sorts.” The blonde glanced from the glass to him questioningly.

 “It’s a witch’s brew, special ordered by yours truly just for today.”

“A what?” the female furrowed her brows.

The male rolled his eyes. “It’s like medicine. A calming medicine to get you through today. I know you usually do well with new things, but today is different. There will be many people there and all eyes will be on you. I don’t want you to worry about things unnecessarily so this will help you to not worry at all.”

“Is it…dangerous?” Misun asked hesitantly. Ciel shook his head, “Do not worry. It is not a drug that will harm you; it is simply a brew of witch’s magic.”

 Before the female could take it, he snatched it away, and gave her a pointed look. “But just because it can’t harm you doesn’t mean it doesn’t have consequences. All magic has consequences after all. Why do you think seeing Faye perform magic is such a rare thing. You yourself have only seen it when the King and his party were training right?”

Misun nodded then tilted her head in ponder. She had never wondered why magic wasn’t everywhere, she just sort of figured using it wasn’t a necessity.

“Then…what are the consequences?” she questioned carefully. “I said before that this will help you to not worry at all, and I wasn’t kidding. You will not care about anything. Not to say you won’t have feelings, you just won’t br hindered by them. It’ll be like they are pushed to the back of your mind, saved for a later time when they can be freely expressed.That’s why even though I want you to take it; I want you to be sure you want to take it. So, do you want it?”

Misun glanced from his deep blue eyes down to the light blue liquid in his hands. She gulped, biting her lip softly.

 “I do,” she finally nodded.

---------------

Misun sat on the large plush couch, her plush dress pooled out around her.

The King

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter