III

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IObsessions

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RuNw2affg

Unknown POV

. . . Argh! Son of a-

Walking up stairs is not helping my sprained ankle.

Flashback

“Where were you? Why did I find Lay alone? You know the rules!”

Looking down he mumbled, “I know. Mianhae Kris-nim.” Coming up and patting him on the back the other Alpha defended, “Come on Kris, give him a chance. He’s never abandoned his partner before. Maybe he has a good explanation." He looked toward the wolf in question expecting a good excuse, he frowned when he didn’t get the answer he wanted. “I..I don’t know. Mianhae hyungs.”

The down trot boy could have told the truth about having followed a new scent. Yet for someone reason he felt he needed to keep the girl who owned the scent a secret. For now at least.

Angry with the answer the first alpha, Kris, growled and pounced on the unsuspecting wolf. Meaning only to give his dongsaeng a warning for disobeying, he wrestled with him a bit, but his anger had more control than his mind at this point. He ended up knocking down the smaller boy who landed awkwardly on left ankle.

End Flashback

It was an accident, but he couldn’t help but wince with each step he took.

“Do you need help?”

Looking up he sees Kris starring down apologetically at him. Smiling, “Sure,” he let his Alpha help. “You know I’m really sor-“ “Ani, there isn’t any need. I shouldn’t have ran off without Lay Hyung,” the limping boy stuck out his tongue and winked at his sunbaenim.

They fell into a comfortable silence, knowing each other’s feelings after 10 years together.

Reaching their destination, the elder boy helped his friend on to a ratty couch in the living room of the upper part of the pack’s home.

At seeing the two, the other leader pushed himself off the fireplace mantle and clapped, “Alright! Today is Exo-K’s day for drill practice. You guys ready? Ah you don’t have to come, I’ll let you play hookie for a day,” he winked the latter at the injured boy. “Ani hyung. I want to go,” said boy disagreed. “Are you sure? You couldn’t even walk up the stairs by yourself. You should give it time to heal,” another boy said. “I said I want to come,” he held, giving everyone a bright eye smile.

---------------------------------------------

Even in their wolf forms it pained him. In fact it probably hurt more now than before since he kept having to push himself to keep up with the others. It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t hurt. He tried convincing himself, to little reward.

All of a sudden his leader stopped causing everyone else to come to halt as well. He let out a breath in relief at being able to catch up. That is, until he smelled it again. Smelled her.

His hyungs all cocked their heads the same way he had when he first caught her scent. As one they sprinted off toward the fascinating aroma. . Unable to stop them, he followed growling.

Finally caught up again, they had stopped and were staring at a forest green jeep about three meters away containing a male and female human. The female standing in her seat looking around with binoculars. She swept it their way and stopped. She smiled lowering the field glasses and tapping the man on his shoulder. It’s her. She crouched and whispered something to him, pointing towards the wolves.

Said wolves were held in place, unable to look away. They were both confused and enthralled at the same time.

The woman carefully climbed out of the vehicle not taking her eyes off them. She crossed the front of the jeep and slowly crept toward them. Once in earshot, she softly called, “Annyeong haseyo! Song Mi Sun-imnida. I’m a zoologoist, I specialize in ethology. Ethology is the study of animals. May I study you for a bit?”

Song Mi Sun-ah...

She’s talking as if she knows we understand they all thought. 

Without a harsh response she was encouraged to step within a meter of them, causing the male behind her to whisper, “What are you doing? Come back her Pabo!” She turned shushing him harshly. He scowled back, but let her do as she pleased. “If they attack, it’s your funeral,” he mumbled so she couldn’t hear. The wolves perk ears of course picking up his jibe.

She ce more toward them and smiled. It was blinding. Along with her bright hair, she was like the sun incarnate. Even more invigorated at their lack of reaction she reached a hand out. This action causing one of the wolves to growl. Snapping her hand back, she turned and walked back to the jeep.

For some reason all the wolves felt saddened by he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter