LVI

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IByul

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This can’t be. This isn’t where I thought this was going. Mother, father…how did we get here?

Misun stared out her bedroom window not seeing anything. How could she when everything presented to her was so blinding; so confusing.  

Time had passed since she had unlocked her magic, and within that she trained it, practiced it from dawn to dusk. She was nowhere near the level BAP was, but she was getting stronger. Every day she learned a new aspect of her magic; learned a new technique that she was praised for. Just two days ago she begun to work with the wolves; learning how to control her magic in a way that enhanced them, called on them and let them work as a team.

She was happy when she and Tao were able to combo attack Sehun and Zelo. She even managed to bruise the Kings’ arm, and while it made her feel slightly bad; she was more than ecstatic to see the gleam of pride in his eyes.

But now….things were different. The others had returned and with so much intel that Misun’s happiness upon seeing them was very short lived.

They had indeed found Infinite’s hideout in the Troll Lands, and they escaped fairly easily without being noticed, but it was what they saw that changed the game completely.

The girl that the witch had mentioned was indeed with them, and she was anything but what they thought. She was neither vampire nor quite human. She was in fact Faye, and she looked exactly like Misun. The only difference was that there was no star birthmark under her left eye.

When the guys revealed this, Zelo questioned them, wanting to be sure, but they all vouched to have seen the same person. They all saw another Misun, but they also said the aura she exuded was very different than Misun’s and the wolves claimed her smell was not sweet like the girl they knew, but rather musky and citrusy.

Luhan even admitted that he did not feel the same pull Misun brought on in them. Himchan explained that may be because the unknown’s girl’s spirit animal was not a wolf while Misun’s was.

The news of this threw all of them for a loop, but of course, Misun and her grandparents the most. Her grandfather was currently working with Zelo and Jongup about finding more info on the girl, while her grandmother had locked herself in her daughter’s old room and hadn’t been seen since.

Misun found herself in a similar situation as well. She had not locked herself in her room, but she might as well have. Whenever she ventured out and anyone tried to talk to her, it was as if she wasn’t really there. She would look at you and reply, but there was no life in her voice; no spark in her eyes. Even the usual warmth she saved when speaking to Sehun or Zelo was no longer there. Her demeanor was now cold with them and had everyone worried.

But to herself she wasn’t different, and she wasn’t cold. Misun was just at a lost. What could she say to any of them? She had no idea why she had a look alike out there or why that person was helping the people that kidnapped her father.

To Misun, she wasn’t being weird, she was just waiting. She was being patient because she knew her grandfather and Zelo were looking for answers. She was trusting in them by not making a fuss, and it paid off.

A knock sounded on her door, and Ciel entered. Her back was to him, but she could see his small statue in the reflection of her window. “They have called another meeting,” he said softly. Even the strong willed attendant could not go unaffected by what was going on.

Misun followed him to an office with a large oval table that was surrounded by dozens of Faye and the twelve wolves she was familiar with. At its head were of course Zelo, and the rest of BAP around him. Toward the middle were Misun’s grandfather and an empty seat that Ciel pulled out for her. She took it, giving everyone a slight bow. Ciel took his place behind her and the entire table brok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter