XVI

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IZelo the Fairy King

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA6W2AjUuC0&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2agYKSjxHjVRKp4L1pRFlLwx&index=1

Zelo breaks eye-contact and glances down. After a pause he looks back up with a small smirk. “Me? I am Zelo. The Fairy King.”

“You’re who?” Someone asks from behind me. I couldn’t tell who due to the question forming in my own mind. “You’re a what?” I ask incredulously.

Zelo meets my gaze again, “Misun, the world you think you live in is only one part of a much grander design. You think that humans and animals are the only creatures out there? The truth is far from that. There is the mix of the two, like the twelve men behind you; then there are the beings that go beyond the definition of a human. I, being a fairy, am one of those beings. And even you my dear, who thinks they are the definition of a human, are caught up in the mix with the rest of us.”

My bottom lip began to tremble, and I clutched my hands together to keep from anyone noticing their shaking. “Me? But I’m a nobody. Nothing interesting has ever happened to me…ever.”

He laughs softly, and shakes his head once. “That is not true. You are far from a nobody, and as for something interesting…well just take in everyone in this room. You have your back to a pack of lycanthrope, and are standing before a King. I do not think too many humans can say the same.”

“Lycanthrope?” I whisper. Instead of Zelo, Suho answers, “Werewolves.” I turn and face him with wide, innocent eyes. It’s all too much.

“Hyung!” Tao interrupts only to be swatted away. “It seems that…Zelo-ssi is going to tell her everything whether we like it or not. Might as well let her hear our secret from us.” He turns back to me and smils gently, “I’m sorry if we have treated you bad. I know our past meeting did not start nor end on a good note, and this second one doesn’t seem to be going too well either,” he chuckles then turns solemn, “But you have to understand. Most of us have not had such…good first impressions of humans. It’s hard for our kind to easily trust humans, let alone with such a huge secret. I’m sure you can understand what could happen if people were to realize what we are.”

He became quite, understandably so. Yet still, somehow, I can’t bring myself to believe. It’s too impossible. The world is boring and dull. There aren’t things like werewolves and fairies. There can’t be.

“You do not believe,” Zelo frowns. “Of course not! It’s impossible. I’m a scientist, and there is no scientific proof of these creatures you claim to be!”

“Are you calling us liars?” Chanyeol growled. His deep voice causing me to take a step back. “NO! It’s just…”

“Just what Misun-ssi?” Baekhyun asks. It’s all so confusing! I grab my head and begin to shake it back and forth. “I only believe what science has proven. What I can see with my own two eyes! I can’t just take your word for it.”

“Then don’t.” This time it was Sehun that answered. The person that hadn’t taken their eyes off me since I stepped into the room. Not even when Zelo admitted to being a King. Now he stood tall, and challenging. “If you can’t take our word for it then don’t.”

“Sehun-ah,” lay says softly only to be ignored.

 “Instead I’ll show you.” “Sehun!” Kai and Tao gasp. He didn’t look their way though, and neither did I. We were both caught in each other’s thrall. Wanting to be believed, and wanting to believe.

“I’ll prove to you that we are what we say. I’ll prove your dammed science wrong!” he finishes before pouncing over the wooden coffee table. Before my very eyes the rainbow-haired boy I had met so randomly two months ago; the one I ignored for two weeks; transformed mid-air into a wolf that reached my collarbones. Into a wolf I recognized. Before me stood a bristling light grey wolf with a white underside, and just as white ears.

“Oh,” I breathed for lack of better words. A normal person would have screamed. Would have fallen back or passed out. But I didn’t. Is it because I knew the wolf before me or because I knew the boy he was inside? Maybe. Or maybe it’s because deep inside I knew I wasn’t normal. Because I had always known. Because the only time I ever felt ‘normal’ was when I was in the forest. When I was with my wolves. Or when I was by Zelo’s side.

Looking into Sehun’s big brown eyes I was relieved. It seems I had been waiting for this moment. For when I could truly smile, and not pretend to fit into the crowd. So I did. I smiled and gently touched the side of his head. Soft. Just like the other wolf. I blinked, and asked, “Who is the gold wolf?”

Xiumin stood, a light blush to his cheeks, “That’d be me.” “Of course it would,” I replied with a chuckle.

I wasn’t the only one to laugh though. Suho, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, and even Kris laughed. It made my heart swell. Even if the others glared, and thought ugly things about me I was happy. Happy to know I wasn’t alone. That all those times I had talked to the wolves; told them things I needed to get off my chest or to just past the time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter