XLVII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IAmbigious

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They sat in silence, a tense, uncomfortableness in the air. Misun shifted awkwardly from her seat on her bed. She suddenly wasn’t so sure this was a good idea; so many eyes on her, so much expectation, so many questions. Maybe she should have just written Zelo a note or asked Ciel to find out for her. Unfortunately, with eighteen pairs of eyes now roaming her new bedroom, she would have no choice but to deal with the consequences of her decision.

“So,” she began unsurely. Most eyes turned toward her, some stayed away, too preoccupied by the beauty of the elegant room. Ignoring those that were seemingly ignoring her, Misun continued, “I heard…that the wol-…that they came here with a treaty in mind. While I understand that’s a big deal in and of itself; I’m not quite convinced that was the sole reason of them, you coming here.” She let her gaze fall to some of the wolves who in turn either coughed awkwardly or avoided her gaze suspiciously.

Misun looked back to the fairies she’d become so close to. “So tell me. Why are they here? I’m sure you discussed this in your meeting earlier.”

In response Himchan grinned broadly; impressed by the young girl’s audacity while Youngjae glared slightly, not liking the tone she was taking with them, her elders in both age and status. Daehyun and Jongup looked away just like the wolves had, and finally, Yongguk and Zelo kept her challenging gaze with one of their own.

Yongguk, as the eldest of the six addressed her accusation first. “Look, I understand that your family is important and your last name can get you just about anything in the Court. I’d also like it to be known that I considered, and still do, your mother as one of my best friends whom I would have done anything for. I also know you’ve gotten very close with the King, but aren't you being a bit harsh right now?”

At his friend's words, Zelo choked slightly on his saliva, his ears reddening, while a very unhappy Sehun crossed his arms in a huff. Misun, on the other hand, tilted her head in surprise. “I also thought we were friends. Me with BAP, and me with EXO. Do I not have a right to ask any of you these questions? I figured it’d be easier to just gather everyone and talk about it together. Albeit I’d have preferred to not do this with me sitting in bed and all of you surrounding me, but I’m working with what I’m given," she replied. 

The room was quiet again; the tension having shifted from Fairy against Wolf, to Fairy against Fairy. Then the most surprising thing happened; Yongguk, fierce general of the Faye army, and mature elder of BAP, burst into raucous laughter. Everyone in the room looked to one another unsurely, even to those not of their race since all seemed to be confused about what just happened. The only ones not confused was the still laughing Yongguk, who was slightly bent with thick laugh lines around his eyes, and a relieved Misun who also chuckled lightly to herself.

“Uh…is it okay to ask what is happening or am I the only one lost?” Chanyeol piped up. “No, you’re not the only one,” Daehyun mumbled taking a seat on one of the empty chairs near the wolf. “Good,  I was worried I’d lost my mind.”

Calmed down a bit, not counting the small fits of giggles he released every couple of seconds, Yongguk stood straight and smiled his gummy smile at the petite girl. “You know, I think I really like you,” he stated matter-of-factly. For the second time that day, Sehun found reason to scowl at a fairy, while Zelo, for the first time in as long as he could remember, stiffened and felt a tiny grain of dislike toward his friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter