XXXV

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ICapital City

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlHCf8IWJk&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ahXGDAA2-epB3ll1wBTHpap

When they entered the city the sky was no longer filled with cotton candy colors, but a beautiful bright blue and hardly any clouds. The sun shone brightly, its warm rays slowly dissipating the cool temperature from the early morning.

Misun looked around in Awe, taking in the glass and brick buildings. “Where are we?” she wondered aloud. “The capital, duh,” Himchan chuckled. He received a small hit in return from Zelo, “Do not be such a smartass before I remove you as head scholar.” “Hey, I’m just playing with her,” the older fairy defended.

Daehyun stepped forward and took Misun’s arm; not going unnoticed by the suddenly miffed Zelo. “We are in the busiest part of the city. Just off center of the town center. It is where most of the bakery’s and sweet shops are.” “Sweet shops?” she asked with a spark in her eye.

The tallest fairy chuckles and gently squeezes himself between the girl and Daehyun so he is the one who is arm and arm with her. “It is breakfast. We are going to visit all of our favorite bread shops and grab a bite at each one.” “Sounds good,” she nods amicably.

--------------

The first shop they enter is Himchan’s favorite, and holds a small hanging sign of a steaming bun in front of a trumpet.

“It is called the Bun Blows. It is owned by my older sister,” the eldest fairy beamed. “Is it really?” Misun asks surprised as they enter the shop.

As soon as they are inside a wave of warmth, and delicious scents hit her. She smiles softly to herself then shoots a wide smile at a woman standing behind a counter putting a pan of bread onto the shelf.

“Ah, my little brother! You brought your friends this time! Oh, and who is this?” she says rounding the corner of the display case. She was tall, almost as tall as Himchan; and had a head toppled with silky pink locks and eyes just as dark as her brother’s’.

“This is Misun. She is a guest to the King,” the ulzzang like blonde replied. “And I assume the bunny boy is our dear precious King?” she narrowed her eyes at Zelo who stood faithfully at Misun’s side.

When the only response she got from said bunny boy was the rise of his cheeks, the woman turned to Misun and extended her hand. “My name is Jiyeon, but you can call me Noel. Everyone does after all.” “It’s nice to meet you Noel,” Misun extends her own hand expecting a handshake, but was taken by surprise when the female grabbed her forearm and shook that instead.

She blinked a few times confused, but said nothing not wanting to seem stupid.

“So what are you guys doing here? I doubt this is a simple visit to see little old me,” Noel asked. Youngjae laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his head, “Well no, sorry. We are showing Misun around the city so we thought our first stop would be to try some of your delicious breads.”

Noel smiled, “I see. Well then, I am always happy to turn a Faye onto my hard work. New patrons are welcome any day. Come Misun, what would you like to try first?” She pulled the girl away from Zelo’s grip and over to the bright display case. Inside were dozens of different kinds of breads and sweets with all kinds of frostings, fillings, and sprinkles on them.

“Just one Misun. Remember we are still going to visit three other shops,” Daehyun reminded softly while looking at a pile of sweet breads. “Tck, you are not even going to stay and enjoy all the delectables I have to offer?” Noel asked irritated. Instead of answering the others were too busy trying to pick out what they wanted to eat.

Before the Faye female could get after them Misun piped in, “Uhm, Noel? What do you recommend I try for my first time here?” “Hmmm,” she hummed tapping her chin in thought. Her face brightened and she snapped her fingers, “I got the perfect thing for you!”

She moved to the other side of the display and opened it, ignoring the requests the four Faye men were asking for. She pulled from the very top a semi flat bread shaped like mistle toe. “This is our best seller, and my personal favorite. It’s called Mistle bread, and is filled with sweet cranberry filling.” Misun nodded her understand, happily taking the sweet, “It sounds similar to Bungeoppang.”

“What is that?” Younjae questions interested. Misun smiled, “It is bread shaped like a fish and is filled with red bean paste. It’s sweet, and warm, and one of the best things to eat as a snack during the cold.” “Oh yeah. I think you got me one of those when I stayed with you. They sell it on the side of the street right?” Zelo mentions. “Among other places,” Misun nods in response.

“Alright,” Himchan claps his hands, “We have all gotten our first part of breakfast. Let’s hurry on to the next place before they sell out on the good stuff.” “Ah ah ah,” Noel puts her hands on her hips, “Not before you pay!” She puts out a hand and wiggles her fingers expectantly. Himchan blinks stupidly, “But…I am your favorite brother.” “You are my only brother.” “The King is with us…” “Then ask him to pay for all of you.” “We have a guest with us. You do not want her to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter