XXX

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IA Day In The Life II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8pTZDF44Is&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ag1Pt2E5Nhe6inwHxE_2sob

“Why, look how lovely you look,” Minsoo, Misun’s grandfather commented as she entered the dining room. Blushing, the blonde girl bowed deeply and muttered a soft thank you. She took a seat across from her grandmother, with her grandfather at the head of the table.

Misun had imagined the table would be long to the point you had to yell to hear someone on the other side, but it wasn’t. It was quite normal in fact, if a bit more elegant than any she'd ever sat at. It was the size of a normal dining room table; although definitely bigger than any she could fit in the small apartment she shared with her father.

The normalcy of the table and the closeness of her maternal grandparents comforted her. She felt closer to them not just physically, but emotionally. It also helped her feel less weird about being in a foreign dimension with a species of people she didn’t know existed until less than twenty-four hours ago.

“Where are the others?” Misun asked curiously. “Others?” “Yeah, BAP, and Ze- I mean the King.”

Her grandparents began to laugh causing the girl to look between the two confused. She didn’t understand what was so funny. Should she not have called BAP, BAP?

“My dear girl, not just anyone gets to dine with the King. As for his…confidantes, they also eat separately from him. Most of the time at least,” Honoka explained. This confused Misun even more. “But…why? You all live in the palace as well right? As well as a few other families? Who does Ze- I mean the King eat with?”

Before she could get an answer Faye started filing in, including Ciel. They were all wearing the same outfit as his too; a frilly blouse with blue trousers and for the females a blue skirt. It was easy to guess who they were, and what their job was by the trays of food and drinks they brought in.

Misun and her grandparents each received a plate covered by a silver covering, and a heavy goblet for their drinks. Ciel as Misun’s server raised the cover of the plate to reveal very normal looking food. Chicken, fruits, cheeses, bread, etc. it was all low in fat and high in protein. A fairy kind of diet the girl assumed.

Although to her the food did look a bit off. It was slightly…more vibrant than similar foods she’d seen in her own world. It made her recall lore she’d heard about fairies. One bite of Faye food and you’d be stuck in their world forever. Even though Misun had come here of her own accord, she couldn’t help but fear the word forever.

her lips nervously, Misun asked, “Is…it okay to eat?” “What do you mean dear?” Honoka questioned. The blonde gulped, she didn’t want to offend them, but she also didn’t want to be stuck there. She still needed to find her father after all, and she doubted he was being kept somewhere in Faye country.

“I mean…uh, I’m not going to be stuck here forever if I eat it right?”

Her grandparents began to laugh again. She must really seem dumb if they keep laughing at her this way.

“No you will not. While there is some truth to that…fable I assume you heard in the Human realm, it will not affect you. You are half Faye remember?” her grandfather assured. Misun her lips hesitant if she should trust his word or not. He hadn’t done anything to say she shouldn’t trust him, but it still worried her. On the other hand, she couldn’t remember that last time she had food.

With a tentative hand, Misun took a small nibble of a piece of cheese. It hit her empty stomach hard, but did not upset it. When nothing happened after a moment she supposed it was safe enough and began to dig in with careful, polite bites. She didn’t want to come off uncultured or manner less to people who had probably grown up with proper etiquette.

“Wine or juice my lady?” Ciel asked from her side. He had two silver pitchers in hand, ready to poor into her goblet upon her choice of drink. Swallowing a bite of apple slice, Misun mumbled, “Juice is fine.” Wine did sound pretty good to her, but she had a low tolerance for alcohol and had no idea how strong fairy wine was. She didn’t want to take the chance, it being her first night in the palace and all. She may end up running through the gardens in her undergarments if she did.

Once the three table occupants had food and drink enough, the servants brought out smaller dishes with sweets of all kinds. Chocolates, cakes, cookies, more fruits. Enough to sweeten, and cleanse the palate.

“Ah, I never did answer your earlier question did I?” Minsoo murmured around a sip of wine. “Earlier question?” Misun wondered. “Yes, the one about the King.” Oh, the dinner thing. She had forgotten.

“You see, the King….he may invite anyone to dine with him at any time, but us, as lower in status Faye may only do so on special occasions. Such as an anniversary, birthday, etc. We cannot just have him over for afternoon tea. Not unless it was to discuss business matters or something of the like. As for him, while he could hypothetically invite us over, to do so often would be frowned upon.”

“But…why?” Misun asked thoroughly confused. “Because he is the King. He needs to retain an air of hierarchy, even within the palace grounds. To spend too much time with one Faye, or one family of Faye could be deemed….a threat. Or rather I should say unfit. It’s really hard to explain my dear. Politics.”

All the girl could do was nod at her grandparents. She still didn’t quite understand, but she knew she probably shouldn’t push the subject too much. Still, that didn’t mean she couldn't have any questions.

“What about my mother? I was told they spent lots of time together. With the BAP member as well.”

Honoka nodded at her, “This is true, but that was also in a different era. The Era of the late King Choi. Now that Zelo is the King he must act a certain way he didn’t necessarily have to when our Yun was still here.” “Then…who does he eat with usually?” Her grandparents looked at each other. “If he has not invited anyone to dine with him then…no one I suppose,” Honoka shrugged.

Misun looked down at her plate. She was no longer hungry. “That sounds so….lonely,” she murmured. She understood what it was like to eat alone, and often. She had to do the same when he father was working or out on business trips, which was often. The only difference between her and Zelo was that she didn’t have the opportunity to ever invite anyone over. Without friends there was no one she could eat with. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter