XL

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ICapital Show

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK-_Lx5V7_U&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2agptUwcaFn-6Q11mkTLRCKx

The city center was huge; a giant circle that spanned maybe half a football field with an ornate water fountain smack dab in the middle. Yet even with its wide expanse, the entire place was filled to the brim with fair folk, or in other words, fairies.

Misun was half led, half dragged, to the very middle where sparkling blue water flowed from the hands of a tall statute. The fountain was a marble sculpture of an over exaggeratedly tall male with a thick beard and dainty features. Even as a replica, Misun could tell the man was beautiful; and even though she had never seen him before she couldn’t help but feel drawn to him. It was particularly weird because it was the same feeling she got when she first met Zelo.

“Ahh, I see you’ve noticed King Oberon,” Younjae spoke breaking the female from her train of thought. “Huh?” she replied dumbly. The male chuckled, amused by her innocence. While she was similar to Yun in many ways; this was one of their biggest differences. Yun was more cunning and easy to catch on to things unlike the girl beside him who was more on the innocently slow side; not that she was dumb. The fairy didn’t think this at all; if anything he believed she was capable of understanding much more than her baby face indicated, and that was saying something from a Faye as smart as he.

“Oberon was the very first Fairy King. He was said to have ruled from the beginning of Faye existence until European Renaissance time. He holds the record of longest living fairy.”

Misun’s eyes widened as she tried to calculate just how long that record may be. She didn’t know when exactly Faye came into existence, but she could definitely imagine, and it truly blew her mind. But so did the second thought that came to her mind.

“If he was the first King, and Zelo is the current one, does that mean the two are related? And you of course, being the King’s cousin and all.”

Younjae nodded with a thoughtful expression. “Yes, we are related. Our bloodline is old and very well respected, and Zelo, being closer to Oberon’s namesake than I was born to be King.”

Slowly taking it all in, the blonde bobbed girl blinked slowly. “But…he, King Oberon I mean, doesn’t look….uh, you know…” “Eastern?” the male finished for her. Misun’s cheeks reddened, but she nodded her approval at his deduction.

“That’s because he isn’t. Oberon was born on the western hemisphere, and by human terms he could be considered Caucasian.”

“Then…,” Misun pressed, still not fully understanding.

Youngjae sighed, and smiled lightly at the girl. “Our bloodlines are connected, but distantly. The past rulers of the fair folk have been far and few between since we live so long, but that doesn’t mean we don’t…procreate in-between.

Having children for our women had always been hard therefore it isn’t such a surprise for past King’s to have a wife and many concubines; sometimes from all over the world. And from these many women usually one child was born each, and they would have the opportunity to have more than one woman, if they were male that is, and have many more children. This went on and on until the bloodline became dull in some areas due to who that persons chosen mate may have been.

Anyway, so what I’m trying to say is that Oberon slept around a lot and somehow knocked up an Eastern woman who led to the current bloodline of Zelo, and my own.”

Misun pursed her lips at the idea. She didn’t really like the way the Faye male made it sound like a man with multiple women was the norm, yet didn’t even mention anything about a woman with multiple lovers. Not that she intended to do anything of the sort; she just didn’t appreciate such ist ideals.

“Then why is Zelo King and not you? Or even one of the other descendants of Oberon from around the world?” she asked trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter