XLVI

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ITreaty Clause

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She was cold and slightly damp. Misun scrunched her nose and twitched her face away from the wetness. She was released, at least from the bothersome liquid, and was allowed to adjust her mind and body until she was able to open her eyes.

She cracked her lids the teeniest of bits, but automatically winced when light shot in. After a moment of collecting herself she tried again. This time, not without some effort, she was able to fully open her eyes.

She blinked rapidly in attempt to throw the sleep in her tear ducts away. When they were finally out she moaned softly and turned her head to the side. A blurry vision met her before clearing up to reveal Honoka with a small rag in her hand.

Misun narrowed her eyes in confusion and looked away. She took in the sites of her room; HER room. The one that Honoka had been preparing for the past month upon the blonde’s arrival. Misun almost smiled realizing this was her first official time in HER bed in HER room.

She didn’t actually smile though; instead she sighed softly and made a mental note to fully explore her new room at a later date.

“What…happened?” she croaked, attempting to sit up. Honoka clucked unhappily, but helped her up.

Misun closed her eyes, waving off the sudden dizzy spell from the movement then opened them again when her grandmother admitted, “You passed out honey…after you left the ballroom.”

“After…I left?” the blonde murmured to herself. She couldn’t quite remember why she would leave the ballroom, let alone pass out. The last thing she could picture in her mind was talking to that woman who claimed to know her mother. What was her name again? Seul..ki, wasn’t it?

“Why? What caused me to pass out?” Misun spoke a little louder.

“From taking the witch’s brew,” a voice stated from the other side of the room.

In front of a pair of large white doors Ciel stood; a tray holding a bowl in his hands. Misun stared at him, matching his unwavering gaze with her own, and for a moment she was over taken by a bout of de já vu.

“Because of the potion your emotions piled up until they could no longer stack straight and your mind could no longer contain them. They were too much for your subconscious to hold in, and as a result your mind shut down, followed by your body.”

“And that my dear,” he continued, a tick to his eye, “is what you call ‘a consequence of magic’.”

Misun did not miss the twitch of his eye or the quiet anger in his voice. She immediately knew what caused this, having spent so much time with him, and she wanted to jump up and instantly put his mind as ease, but she couldn’t. She knew that.

For one she didn’t have the energy to do more than sit up, and even that was tiresome. And secondly, she knew she could not break the Lady-Attendant barrier the court had in place. At least not in front of her grandmother. She didn’t want to get Ciel in any more trouble than he already was, and if Honoka’s intense glare was of any indication, he was in a whole heap of trouble.

Consequences of magic indeed.

Misun gasped, a thought suddenly sparking. She remembered. The wolves, EXO, they had shown up at the ball. They were also in Zelo’s office.

“EXO! They are here!” she announced loudly. She looked at the two people by her bedside, overlooking the glance they shared at her excitement. “Where are they?” she questioned rushed, another wave of dizziness make her lull back onto her elaborate headboard.

“Just calm down sweetie. You are still having effects from the potion. You need to stay in bed and relax for now,” Honoka urged adjusting the pillows at Misun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter