LXIII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IWell, Hello

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Finally. Finally they were there, or so they told Misun. It didn’t look like anything special though. In fact, it looked exactly like the trolls nest they escaped.

“They all look the same,” Youngjae explained.

“But they are in there,” Kris finished, “We left this mark here.” He traced an octagon with lines in it that was carved on the tree they hid behind.

“So how do we get in without being noticed?” Tao asked, “They won’t be stupid like the trolls. Vampires also have a good sense of smell.”

“Easy,” Kris said, pointing behind him. They all looked; there was a large puddle of mud that looked mushy and thick. Tao was horrified. “My hair,” he whimpered.

 

“Ready?” Youngjae asked everyone. “No,”

Tao cried pulling at his clothes, “It’s everywhere! My hair, my clothes, my beautiful tan skin. You can’t even see my natural golden tone!”

“Are you sure we shouldn’t wait for the others?” Misun asked, purposely ignoring the wolf.

Youngjae shook his head, “We won’t engage, just secure for when the others get here, and with Chen and Xiumin in their wolf they can tell the others whatever we find out.”

“Oh my god there’s a warm!” Tao shrieked earning a smack from Lay who was now feeling better.

“So what’s the plan then?” Misun asked. She didn’t want to take any chances, not with her father in there.

Tao began to wobble where he stood, “It’s not a worm, it’s a leech,” he gasped faintly. Kris had to catch him, throwing the black creature away. “What leech?” he said, “All I saw was an extra thick glob of mud and I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that mud was good for your skin.”

Youngjae bent down, using his own dirty hand to draw in the mud. “All troll nests are built the same meaning all levels, halls, and rooms are in the same place. Seeing as how we were just in one, I was able to catch a glimpse of the layout.”

Still tearing up, Misun patted Tao’s head. “Kris is right, mud is good for your skin.” She failed to mention she was talking about purified mud and how mud from just anywhere could carry any number of germs. She did however make a mental note to take a very hot and very long shower when they got home. “Now can we all pay attention?”

Nodding, with a new sparkle in his eye, Tao knelt beside the girl. Everyone else also surrounded Youngjae’s crude map.

“Level one and two,” he pointed at the first two wonky circles above a bunch of other wonky circles, “are the sleeping quarters if those pads of leaves and dirty leather swaths meant anything. And the sixth level we know is where they prepare and eat their food. On the third floor was a bunch of crap they probably collect from trash the vampires leave here, but on the fourth floor I saw a hallway that lead to an actual doorway.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Kris asked, “Just because the trolls use their nests for the same purposes doesn’t mean infinite will. If anything they’ll purposely use the rooms differently to confuse anyone that gets in.”

Youngjae smirked, “That is true, but there is one area that’s little known. It isn’t used often any longer, but before the vampires the trolls would actually take in prisoners of anyone that dared invade or threaten their land.”

Kris smirked as well, “And you think that the place they held the prisoners is on the fourth floor?”

“That’s where you think my father is?” Misun asked excited, “Is that part of us securing the nest?”

The fairy nodded, “Yes. To make this go smoothly we need to know exactly where everyone is and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter