XIII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IFriends Is Such A Foreign Word

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYMDmhfMpk

Mi Sun’s POV

How does someone sleep soundly knowing there is a Stanger in the next room? I’m not sure, but I know I did.

I couldn’t help it. I just felt so at peace with him in the apartment. It’s the same reason I let him stay in the first place; not because he gave me a guilt trip like I made it seem. Although his lame attempt to say he came to save me was a bit sweet. Not that he is anyone to be saving me from anything.

But no matter how at peace I am around him; I can’t help but to be a bit wary. I mean I did have a similar feeling with Sehun. Maybe not so much as with Jun Hong, but I had trusted him and we both know where that lead me. I’m not so naive to make the same mistake so soon after being hurt.

What was i expecting though? No one would ever want to be friends with me. Why had he tried though? And why did they invite me to their home?

However the questions I have for Sehun and his friends were in no way a match for the questions I have for the boy across from me. The boy who so uniquely eats ramyun. Turning the bowl this way and that. Sniffing, then taking tentative sips of the juice. Poking then slowly gathering noodles on his chop sticks and bringing them carefully to his plump red lips. It was the same way he was last night when I first gave him a bowl of the staple food. He acted like it was some kind of monster that would bite him at any moment.

“If you don’t hurry, it will get cold,” I comment in an attempt to hurry him. I had finished my food long ago. Now I was just waiting for him to finish his so that we could leave and I could head to work. At this rate though, I’ll be late…

After one last silent sip, he set the bowl down with his chopsticks atop. Looking up at me, he smiled, “Finished.” How does he do that? His eating habits make mine look like that of a pig.

I frowned slightly, but only replied with an okay.

After rinsing and putting our dishes away I snatched my signature brown bag from the sofa and headed to the front door. He followed like I knew he would.

Once out the door, I headed the same way we had come the night before. He of course followed.

“Why are you following me?” I ask not looking at him.

“Because I came to save you, therefore I need to stay by your side at all times.”

“I’m not even going to ask, just go away.” I immediately felt bad for my harsh words. Taking a cautious glance at him from my peripheral I saw that he had caught up and now walked shoulder to shoulder with me. The lack of hurt or sense of being upset on his face made me sigh in relief.

I’ve been more snappy than usual recently. I need to stop.

Sighing, I tiredly continue, “I need to go to work. You can’t follow me.” Especially in that get up. I glance at him again, eyeing his weird choice of clothing. He wore a knee length red coat over a fitted black button up and just as fitted black slacks. It wasn’t a bad outfit, but definitely not your typical one.

He tugged lightly on the lapels of his jacket as if he knew I was judging it. Throwing me another bright smile, he ignored my previous words, “I shall go with you and observe you. It will be a way for me to experience this world.” There he goes saying weird things again.

After a bus ride of arguing about him coming along, he had somehow convinced me that it was okay for him to go to work with me. Then he somehow convinced Doc it was okay for him to join me in my daily observations of the wolves.

So here we are, sitting under my usual tree; me taking notes in my journal and him staring oddly at the wolves. We were sitting almost hip to hip causing me to not be able to fully concentrate on my work.

Sighing, I put my pencil down. “Must you sit so close?”

Not even giving me a glance, he replies, “Yes. It’s easiest to save you this way.”

Exasperated, I blew a raspberry. “Save me from what?”

“This world,” he states finally turning to me. He says that like it’s obvious. I blink at him, then pick my pencil back up and continue my work. No point arguing with crazy people.

The wolves seem weird today. The ones that usually play with each other aren’t. And the gold toned one and light grey wolf aren’t venturing toward me. That’s a first. They all seem to be on guard, and keeping their distance for some reason. Did something happen while I was off yesterday?

All twelve are accounted for and none of them seem hurt. Should I venture toward them? No, I best not. Not with Jun Hong here.

…maybe it’s him. Maybe they are wary of him. They do seem to be flitting glances his way quite often. Is it because it isn’t Thunder with me?

“Is something wrong? Do you gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter