XLVIII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IThe Truth

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Infinte?” Misun asked clueless. The name sounded sour coming from Jongup, but when she spoke it herself, all she could taste was a bitter sweetness.

“Yes,” Kris nodded, “They are seven vampires that have continuingly caused problems for both the Fairy Court and the Werewolf Council. I can’t go into detail why, but in recent years the Council has put a tail on the group’s movements, and a few weeks ago the Werewolves watching them saw two of Infinites members transporting a man, presumably human from the smell, into one of their hideouts.”

Suho nodded as well, and added, “We asked for a description of what the man looked like. From what the trackers saw I would say he resembled the picture of your father we saw at your apartment.”

“My…father?” Misun breathed. Her heart began to beat rapidly; fear and excitement taking over. It had been so long since anyone mentioned her father; it had been so long since she had last seen him. The suddenness of bringing him up, despite the fact that she meant to talk to Zelo about him the night of the ball, brought a rush of feelings that had her mind hazy.

“But…why? Why would they have my father? He’s just a normal human. What would they want with him?”

Zelo grimaced. “One of the main problems the Court has with this group has to do with your grandfather. His main duty is to travel and do business with people of different races. He actually falls under Jongup’s jurisdiction since he deals with foreign affairs. A few decades ago, before your mother had left Faye Country, your grandfather was off on a very important mission of transporting a book belonging to a once very powerful witch. He was taking it to the King of the Vampires as a peace offering.

You see, the Fairy Court and the Vampire Kingdom have almost always been at least semi cordial with each other, but after the...,” he cleared his throat slightly and gave a side glance to Suho, the pack’s leader, before continuing. “The incident with the late Fairy King, we expected the Vampires, or at least those who closely followed the Vampire King’s rule, to take our side and help us. They didn’t though, and many Faye who were away in Dead Man’s Land, that’s what the Vampires call their realm, rebelled or retaliated; however you want to put it. As the current Fairy King I admit that their anger was ill placed. While our bond with the Vampires wasn’t bad, it wasn’t good enough for them to take up arms at our side. We should not have expected that of them, and our people in their land should not have acted out.

Innocent blood was shed over the matter on both sides, but since it was initially our fault the Court Heads and I decided to initiate an apology by handing over a book the Vampire King had been interested in for centuries.

I digress.

When your grandfather was transporting the book, a rogue band of vampires attacked them. They were strong, and smart, but they underestimated how well we would protect the book. Our numbers outmatched theirs by ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter