LX

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IA Very Nice Welcoming

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The ground was covered with tall foliage; leaves the span of Misun’s face, and as long as her arm. Above her were canopy’s of more vegetation, this time much smaller with holes that let sunlight stream through. At the canopy’s feet were thick trunks of mossy green bark.

Misun awed at the beautiful mix of browns and greens that reminded her so much of the park reserve she used to work at, but at the same time looked nothing like it. This was not what she was expecting the Troll Lands to look like. She had imagined mountains of rocky terrain, with bare fields, and dusty air.

“Stay in formation,” Yongguk advised once everyone passed through the portal, “This forests like to eat trespassers.”

“Eat?” Chanyeol squeaked, voice higher than even Misun’s.

Youngjae shook his head, “Stop scaring them hyung.” He turns to the frightened wolves, “What he means is that people get lost easily. These forests are laced with magic, even though the trolls are not. The trees tend to move, shifting without being noticed, and the vines that creep through the dirt like to trip and snatch people up. So yes, it’d be best to stay in formation.”

“We have are best earth users at the edge so things like that won’t happen, me included,” Himchan explained.

“How can anyone navigate this place then?” D.O. asked.

Throwing an arm around him, Chen grinned, “Well, when I was here last time, I found that having a good nose,” he tapped said appendage, “and a good sense of direction,” this time he tapped his noggin, “can really help you out.”

Luahn immediately rolled his eyes. “What he means is that Jongup has photographic memory and has the basic layout of this place memorized, and Luhan, Kai, and I helped direct the way with our great sense of smell.”

“That makes much more sense,” Chanyeol replied, almost bumping into Sehun since he had been looking back.

The group had been walking for a few minutes, following Yongguk’s lead. Jongup who was right beside him, with the three tracker wolves at his back helped to traverse the groups way through the dense forest.

Misun was begging to feel anxious, being in the same place that her father supposedly was, but she was also kind of creeped out by the low hum of footsteps at her back. The small army Zelo appointed them moved as one, making no noise besides the rumbling of their feet. Whenever she turned to glance at them they were all always staring straight ahead, not at all acknowledging her curious gaze.

What made it even creepier was the fact that they were being so opposite of what their Faye blood asked them to be. While Misun hadn’t know of her heritage even a year, she had learned enough to know that even though there was structure to the fairy lifestyle, there was also a large amount of freedom.

The freedom to break into dance when music was played. The freedom to eat to your hearts content when holiday feasts were presented. The freedom to run in the rain during a full moon. The freedom to pet any animal, wild or not, and so much more.

The Faye were such a light hearted,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter