XII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ithe Moon and the Sun

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvt7ui07gQs

Back to the Present

Mi Sun’s POV

He’s beautiful.

I stared at his outstretched hand, then up to his face. His beautiful face that was screwed up oddly; not that it lessened his beauty in the least. Is he upset about something? Looking back to his hand, I figured I sat open mouthed long enough. I probably look like an idiot. I accepted his help, and stood up. I couldn’t help from teetering a bit; my legs still wobbly from all that running and my raging emotions. Thankfully the mysterious boy before me kept a hold of my hand. If not for his anchoring me, I might have fallen back onto the dirt under our feet.

“Are you okay?” he asks again.

I glanced at his face. Immediately I became enraptured in it. His eyes were not the biggest I had seen in recent days, but there was something about them. Something about their perfect half-moon shape. About their innocent, yet knowing gaze. But the thing that caught me most was the slight spark of anger I saw hidden behind his currently expectant face.

His face… his face that was the palest I had ever seen. With the clearest skin that looked oh so touchable. My hand shook slightly from the butterfly’s growing in the pit of my stomach, and from the sudden surge of jealousy I felt toward his beauty.

If I had to describe him in so many words….I’d say he was the moon. Yes. He was the human incarnation of the moon. The moon that shone so full and bright above us.

“It stopped raining,” I noted aloud.

“Yes it has. You have stopped crying.”

Have I? “Yes I have.” Our hands are still touching.

“Are you okay?”  He questions for the third time.

I answered not because he asked me three times; not because I didn’t want him to become upset with me ignoring his question thus far; and not because his piercing gaze sent shivers down my spine. Instead, I decided to answer his question because…it felt natural.

As soon as first laid eyes on him, it had felt like I had known him all my life. Therefore, answering one simple question was easy. Even if the answer was anything but.

So here we are. Sitting a hairs width away from each other, staring into the calming waterfall in front of us. And here I am, pretty much baring my soul to him about what transpired today.

If it were anyone else sitting beside me, I may have felt dumb and immature about my actions. Yet his calm exterior that did not make a sound, nor look my way at any time, made me feel calm. I was calmer than I had been in the past three years since my 21st birthday.

Who was this boy beside me? This boy who looked no more than 16. This boy that made my heart beat so rapidly. This boy who even though my attraction to him should have made me feel dirty, instead made me feel like it was always meant to be this way between us.  This beautiful boy whom I don’t even know the name of…

“What’s your name?” I ask after finishing my tale. Slightly because I wanted to drop the subject we had been talking about, but mostly because I felt the NEED to know his name.

Still not looking at me, he answers, “Choi Jun Hong, but you can call me Zelo.”

“Zelo,” I breathe out as if it were my last breath.

A small smile graced his lips. My breath immediately caught. Was it because I said his name? I wanted to say it again.

“On second thought, why don’t you call me Jun Hong.” His voice had a slight lithe to it. Is he laughing at me? Did he notice the odd way I said his name before?

“Why not Zelo?” I tried to speak in a more calm tone. I didn’t want him to know the effect he was having on me. But something was telling me that even if he knew, he wouldn’t use it against me.

“Because you are the first person to ever ask me my name.”

“What?”

“No one has called me by my real name in 20 years. I would likk to hear you say it though.” 20 years? How old is he?

Instead of asking him the question on the tip of my tongue, I obliged his request. “Jun...Hong. Jun Hong,” I spoke even more breathy than when I had said Zelo.

He smiled again, only this time it was big and bright. Blinding. Even more so seeing as he was now facing me. His eyes not much more than slits. Slits that curved oh so stunningly.

I wanted to tell him to stop. That he was making me explode with emotions I had never felt before. I didn’t of course. Because I wanted his smile to be for me more than I wanted it stop hurting me so beautifully.

And then in the midst of our locked eyes, and his bright smile, a wolf howled in the distance. I looked away, a small curve to my lips. My wolves were out there. I wonder if they know I’m also here.

My attention now pulled away from Zelo Jun Hong, I was once again in the real world. All the emotions I had once been feeling were completely eradicated; as if they had neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter