LIII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IWhirlwind

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The disk of blood continued to shake for a few breaths longer then stopped completely. Everyone watched as stillness entered the cube, keeping the disk suspended in what seemed like midair. And then like a bomb was triggered, the disk exploded, clouding the entire box in blood. It expanded to every corner then imploded in on itself before the cube started to shake, and the blood twirled and twisted until it started to form what looked like a cyclone.

The red mini tornado whirled and whirled, wanting to draw Misun in. She could even feel a slight wind coming from the cube. Her eyes watered, whether from the strain or from the hope in her heart, she didn’t know. Surprisingly though, she felt this sense of strength seeing her main element, even if she didn’t understand it yet. She felt strong, and closer to her fairy nature knowing she did indeed have Faye magic.

The others also watched the mysterious cube; the Faye excited for the girl, and the wolves curious as to what the blood cyclone meant. Of course Chanyeol had to be the one to pipe up and ask, “So…what does that mean?” In response, Daehyun couldn’t help but smile widely. “It means our dear Misun’s main element is wind. This is incredible really. Most Faye have a small amount of different elements that create new, more specific type elements. Or they have less nature based elements all together, and for Misun to have a pure nature element like wind shows lots of potential. It’s believed only the strongest of Faye can handle such magic because it takes a toll on one’s body.”

“It’s also good,” Zelo adds, picking up the cube that had gone still and back to empty; the blood having somehow evaporated while everyone was distracted, “because Daehyun’s main element is also wind, which isn’t all that surprising considering how well known it is that the Song and Jung family are distant cousins.”

“We’re cousins?” Misun asked, surprise lacing her features as she stared at her apparent family member. The male in question laughed, giving her a pearly grin. “I don’t think a blood test would find too close of a match, but yes, very distantly we’re related. I think our ancestors share a pair of twin sisters. But, besides being cousins, I will also become your main teacher; until we find your second element that is.”

“Do all Faye have more than one element?” Suho questioned.

Yongguk chose to answer this. “Many of us contain more than one yes. It’s very rare to find someone with only one; it usually means they are either really weak or the element they have is so incredible that their body can only handle the one. But like Daehyun said before, most Faye have a combination elements that does not give them full control on the separate elements that make up the combination. For example, Youngjae has a combination of earth and water that gives him the element of wood. Wood itself is a very rare combination though, and there are other rare combinations, but they aren’t quite as rare as someone having control over a single nature element such as wind.

But to answer your question more thoroughly, we’ll take Youngjae into example again. While he has a combination element that creates wood; wood itself is one element. He also has a second element that is a lesser type, but compliments his wood, and that’s simple transformation. It’s not a nature based element, but it is an element magic of sorts. He can change, or transform wood into simple blade weapons of all kinds, but they are restricted to blades. He cannot make any other type of weapons; although that isn’t a deterrent necessarily in that his wooden weapons are much sharper than you would expect. They are also very light weight and cause an immense amount of damage because they are weapons made of fairy magic.”

“How very interesting,” Suho said thoughtfully, “but sort of complicated.”

A deep rumble of a laugh escaped Yongguk. “Yes, I imagine it is. As children we learn the basics of magic, things any fairy can use, and we also learn about the most common of nature magic so we understand how they work whenever we discover what our specific magic is. Once a child discovers their magic or is old enough to have the Zedic cube show them, they are taught the specifics of that magic. There’s no need to teach every Faye every type and variation of nature magic there is; it would be a huge waste of time.”

The wolves took this in attentively, Suho especially rapt by the explanation seeing as he was leader of his pack. These were trade secrets of the Faye people; things not many non-fairy creatures get to learn about. Knowing this would create better relations between the Faye people and Werewolves as it was expected of the twelve to bring information back, with the King’s permission of course. And seeing as what th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter