XXIII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ISleepless City

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVdoGwU43Y&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2agYOXHMhta3QaueYzH7A3eQ

Misun dropped the mysterious cigarette, and bounded past Zelo, only stopping to slip on her shoes. Racing down the stairs and out into the cold night she swiveled her head this way and that looking for a clue of any kind. Her mind occupied with worry and panic she missed the twelve approaching figures.

So did, of course, the male that followed her out. His mind also filled with worry. Only his was for the girl whose face was contorted in a way that was so unlike her.

“Misun what is wrong?” Zelo asked as he grabbed a hold of her shoulder. It was his attempt to steady, and calm her nerves. It only half worked though. Turning and grabbing his wrist just a tad too tight she said, “It’s my father. I need to find my father!”

“You father? What happened? What’s wrong?” another voice said from the side. The two fairies turned, caught off guard at the sudden appearance of the twelve lycan boys.

“What are you doing here?” Zelo narrowed his eyes at them. Much to his dissatisfaction, the wolves merely narrowed their eyes back, or ignored him completely.  “Misun, what’s wrong?” Suho asked genuinely concerned.

The authenticity in his voice made her stop. It was something she was unfamiliar with; other people caring about her. She had always been kind of a loner, even in her younger years. She couldn’t recall anyone ever sincerely asking about her well-being; not even her father. Not that he didn’t care; no, she had never doubted her father. No matter how little he spoke to her or looked her in the eye she knew he cared. She had slyly caught him on numerous occasions looking at her when she was pre-occupied with something. She knew he loved her no matter how little he showed it.

So the fact that Suho, a person she’d only officially met twice was asking what was wrong with such sincerity really perplexed her. She could only blink at him with big, confused eyes. She didn’t know how to react; what to say; where to begin.

Seeing this, the alpha pressed on. “What happened to your father?” The mention of the missing man snapped her out of her stupor. Blinking back into reality her heart clenched, and her features twisted once more with worry.

“He’s missing. I have to find him.” It was two simple statements, but enough to get the message across.

“How do you know he is missing? Maybe he went out to the store. Maybe he will be back soon. We should not worry prematurely,” Zelo offers, regaining the girl’s attention.  Misun shook her head in response, her hands balled into fist in front of chest. She looked on the verge of tears. Something not missed by any of the males present.

“The cigarette. I told you he doesn’t smoke, yet there was a lit cigarette on the balcony. Plus the kitchen was a mess, and so was his room. And his wallet and keys were on his dresser. He wouldn’t have gone out without them. He’s a very meticulo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter