LV

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IControl

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Misun opened her eyes, slightly regretting it.

The world around her seemed to have become a mess. Dirt, leaves, branches, and random debris were thrown about here and there with some still spinning around her. Even her own hair couldn’t fight the practically gale force winds that whirled around.

With a panicked heart she looked around only to find the other’s strewn about as well.  Suho and Chanyeol were kneeled a few hundred meters out at Daehyun’s feet as the fairy protected them with a spear of his own wind. A bit closer up was Sehun comically clinging to Zelo, whom Misun could not recall being at the training grounds beforehand. Although she did remember hearing his voice before she met Eurit.

The two were being cascaded and pelted by branches, dirt and minor rocks. Sehun even had a small stream of blood flowing from his temple where something particularly nasty must have struck him. Misun screamed when she saw a thick tree branch heading the duo’s way, and as her vision became blocked by the mess that was her hair she called out their names, “Sehun! Zelo!” When she received no answer or heard none over the wailing of the winds, she pushed her hair from her face and gasped in both relief and shock.

Neither of the two was harmed; Zelo held a single hand up creating a disk of wind that still twirled with shocks of white lightening coursing through it. Taking in the beautiful sight of his magic the girl realized that the King was still standing tall and regal, as if the wild wind did not affect him in the least. This of course did not go for his hair though, as that still moved erratically like the rest of theirs.

Seeing him stand there so still, while Sehun struggled to keep hold, made Misun realize she also was standing with her feet planted in place, and when she glanced back to Daehyun, she saw he too stood stalk still while the two wolves at his feet clung tightly to him.

What was this? Why were the fairies’ unaffected while the wolves fought to stay tethered?  And where did all this wind come from?

“Misun,” Zelo called, breaking the girl from her thoughts.  “Misun, you’ve found it, now you have to reign it in.” His voice was calm, but loud enough for her to hear. Still, his words didn’t register properly. She was confused and frightened, and could not comprehend what he was saying.

“It’s okay, just calm down. Settle yourself and your emotions and it will all click in place,” he continued, “that’s how magic works. No matter what kind of magic it is; it’s controlled by one’s emotions. To use it without it using you, you have to be in control of yourself. You can do it. I believe in you Misun.”

What was he talking about? Magic, her magic…was he saying the wind was her fault? Was she doing this? No, no it couldn’t be her.

Crying out in annoyance, Misun screamed back, “I don’t understand. What are you talking about? I’m not doing this, I can’t be!” She dropped her gaze, a deep sigh falling from her lips. She them, mumbling again, “It’s not me.”

As her frustration grew, so did the speed of the winds. At this point Faye could be heard yelling from the palace, a few coming out to see what was going on. Among them was Yongguk, Tao, and D.O.; but as soon as the three came out, the two wolves went flying. If it weren’t for Yongguk letting his wings spread and going to catch them, who knows where they would have ended up.

They weren’t the only ones affected though; even some of the palace Faye that wandered outside could be seen tumbling and stumbling to keep upright. This only served to panic Misun further.

Clutching the sid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter