LXVII

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ISun Burst

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They were the most beautiful things she’d ever seen, and she’d seen lots of beautiful things as of late.

They glowed with hues of blues, and purples dancing around the ends, and whirls of…nothing towards its base. Fluttering so quickly they caused gusts of wind that knocked away anything in their path; they were almost too fast for the eye to see, but Misun could see them. She could see their beauty and feel their power, but she could also see through them.

A hum rang through her head as she looked through her new, sheer appendages, and the iridescent glow they emitted. Misun could see she was no longer in the forest, but back in the hideout. She was standing in the same place she been before, but Tao no longer held her up. Turning away from her annexes, she found him and Kris blown against each other, trying to stay upright against a wall.

Looking around, Misun saw that everyone, including the vampires, was having trouble against the harsh wind. It was like reaching her magic in Faye Country all over again. Especially so, in that the only one still standing was the only other Faye in the room, Byul.

With her eyes set on the girl again, Misun’s wings moved even faster and her mind shifted as if making room; as if moving over for another. She was no longer in charge, she knew that, but she could still see and feel everything. She could feel herself rise off the ground; see the astonishment in everyone’s eyes; hear her friends calling for her, but she could not respond, she could only obey.

Her whole body hummed with the beautiful whispers of Eurit; of the power and revenge she offered. Misun felt like she was traveling through the ocean on a warm summer’s day or flying with the wind on a spring night. She felt free, and like nothing could touch her.

A warmth like a thousand suns suddenly coursed through her, but she did not feel pain. Instead…instead she felt…incredible. Watching as Eurit used her body and her wings to abruptly soar at Byul.

 

They had been watching the entrance for some time; impatiently waiting for their friends to arise or their enemies. It had been at least half an hour before they began to hear a disturbance on the other side of the dark entry.

Everyone tensed as dust and leaves began to blow away from the doorway. At first it was just a soft wind, but it slowly began to build. The ones f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter