XXV

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IIntel

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMIEW5iqWyU&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ai4gcaQp-WAGNyaRPpI8r5w

“Did you find anything?” is the first thing Kris says as they enter into the too small apartment. The ones that were already there were crowded around the coffee table in the living room. They all seemed to be staring at the small cigarette, which was placed in the center of the table, with various expressions.

With Misun and company back it couldn’t be helped that some people spilled into the kitchenette. So when Kris didn’t immediately receive an answer he leaned his back against the messy kitchen island and asked again, “Did you get a scent off it?”

Luhan looked up at him with a perplexed glint in his eye. “No. Not really at least.” “What does that mean?” Baekhyun asked just as confused. “It smells like fairy. We couldn’t get any other scent off it,” Xiumin answered in Luhan’s place.

Pushing away from the counter Kris steps halfway into the living area. “What does that mean? It belongs to a fairy?” “Not necessarily,” Suho starts, “We think it could be because the balcony door was open. This whole place smells of Misun. Her scent could have wafted out and masked whoever was smoking it. Go ahead and take a whiff for yourself. It has her soft scent of holly.”

Doing as instructed, Kris picks up the small object and sniffs. Besides the obvious smell of burnt tobacco there was a hint of holly as Suho had said. Other than that there was nothing.

“What about you? You obviously did not find Yun’s husband, but did you at least get a clue of where he went?” Zelo asks. Sehun gives him a stoic look, “We think vampires have something to do with it.”

“Vampires?” Suho blinks. “You think vampires took him? Why?” D.O. pipes in. Kris sighs, “Their scent was everywhere Misun’s father’s ended. It’s obvious they were trying to cover his with their’s. They knew we’d be looking for him so they covered their tracks.”

A surprised silence took over the room while Misun herself could only worry her lip. To her, this was all still new and confusing. It was happening so fast she was becoming dizzy. So many questions began to flood her mind that she had to take seat on one of the bar stools.

Why would vampires take my father? What could they possibly want with him? Is it because of me? Because I got away. He must be so confused and scared. I have to find him. I have to!

“It is most likely an attempt to gain Misun’s attention,” Zelo says after a while.

Chen furrowed his brow, ”Her attention?  But why? I mean I get that she was attacked earlier and that the one that did it is probably pissed that Kris interrupted him, but to actually go after her father? That doesn’t make any sense.”

“Of course it does. Faye blood runs through her veins. Faye blood is the most potent of all supernatural creatures. Our blood is laced with its own magic that is so old it predates even your species. The only other beings that come close to us are witches, but even that is a product of their use of magic while ours is natural. To a vampire, fairy blood is like the most unique, and exquisite wine. It can make the drinker drunk with power, and even give them momentary use of whatever nature magic that particular fairy has.”

“That sounds like a bad mix; vampires with fairy power,” Baekhyun swallows with wide eyes. “Indeed,” Zelo agrees humorlessly.

“So what do I do? How do I get my father back?” Misun speaks up for the first time since arriving back in her apartment. They look to her with differing symapaties, but Zelo is the one to answer. “Do not worry Misun. I will get him back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter