XLIX

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IBody 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had been decided. The twelve EXO members would stay within the Court in the Royal Wing as guests. They would join together with the King and BAP members to create a new and unique unit against the Vampires that were trying to harm the thing they both held in common. The person they both held precious.

With some convincing, Zelo, as King, relinquished some of his basic rule to the Court Head’s so that he could freely help Misun. The idea wasn’t met with complete acceptance, but with reasoning and convincing from the King, his trusted BAP members, and Song Minsoo it was allowed. The fact that Infinite’s first victim was Yun, the woman once in line to be Queen, greatly helped the cause.

Now, the only thing holding the group back from a straight assault against the vampires was the fact that they had disappeared. They had vacated their old hideout, and lost the Wolf trackers. No one knew their whereabouts anymore.

This wasn’t necessarily a bad thing though. It gave the Wolf-Faye unit time to prepare; time to train. It also gave a certain novice time to learn and assimilate to her untapped Fairy magic.

So with both training in mind, and finding where the rogue vampires had gone; the group divided into two. Not fairy and wolf, but a mix of the two. 

Team A; team training who would stay within the court, consisted of those who seemed best suited to need time to practice and help Misun train. The group contained BAP members, Zelo, as he was King and could not easily leave the Court; Daehyun, his assistant who could also not easily leave if he attendee had not; and Yongguk who was the General of the Fairy army and best apt to train Misun. The EXO members who were on this team were Tao, the best member when it came to hand to hand combat; D.O. whose strength was not easily challenged; then there was Suho, Chanyeol, and Sehun who had the least experience with magic users; and finally Lay who knew the most when it came to first aid, something they’d surely need.

Then there was team B; team trackers that would travel to Dead Man’s Land in search of Infinites new hideout. This group held the remainders of both BAP and EXO.  Jongup at head with his experience as the Foreign affairs advisor; Youngjae, the one with the greatest knowledge of other worlds through his intense research in the Court libraries; Himchan who had control over the money to pay for all their needs and traveling expenses; Kris, Luhan, and Kai with their amazing noses and tracking skills; Chen who was fastest among the wolves; and Xiumin and Baekhyun who were good at distracting people.

These were the two groups with two very different, but both equally important jobs when it came to finding the rogue vampires and preparing for the mission to save Misun’s father.

They were put to work immediately; Misun had no real chance to talk to any of the EXO member’s whether it was as a group or one on one. They all threw themselves into their missions, and begun their assigned tasks.

--------------

Team A met early one morning a few days after the meeting in Misun’s room. It was the first official day of training, and there were many nervous faces when they arrived on the open space Misun recalled as the place she found BAP training before.

“Are you worried?” Sehun asked coming up to the Blonde female. Said girl looked up, slightly surprised at him suddenly approaching her. She took note of his no longer parrot hair; how it was now a dusty grey, almost lavender looking. She also noticed his sleeveless black shirt, and baggy sweatpants. It was very similar to the fitted, semi revealing workout wear she wore; if not for her outfit being more Faye style.

Misun met his brown eyes with her own dark ones. To her, he seemed so different yet exactly the same from when she had last seen him. If anything, she would say he looked more mature. She wondered how long it had really been since she last saw him. For her it was only a couple months, three at most, but she also knew days lasted longer in Faye country than they did in the Human realm.

“A tad,” she finally answered, “right now I’m just trying to concentrate on learning as much as I can as quickly as I can.” Sehun nodded, putting his hands into his pants pockets. “Don’t rush it though,” he said without sounding sincere, “you don’t want to hurt yourself.” Misun frowned and crossed her arms. “I can take care of myself,” she said stiffly.

Sehun tried to hide a smile as he nodded swiftly. “I’m sure you’ve been practicing your magic anyway while you’ve been here. I’m just trying to make sure you’re prepared.” The fairy stiffened even more, her eyes widening slightly. She in fact had not been doing any sort of magic training. All she’d been doing since she got here was attending classes and prepare for her debut. She suddenly felt very dumb and useless. Why hadn’t she thought of tapping into her magic sooner? That way there wouldn’t be such a rush for her to learn how to protect herself and fight back.

“Of course I have,” she lied. Not a word was believable, and Sehun knew this very well. He could smell the lie mixed into her sweet scent; the one he had missed so much; the one belonging to the girl he was trying with all his might to be nonchalant toward. “Oh, by the way. It’s been roughly six months,” he smiled sadly. Misun blinked. It was as if he had read her mind. Was that a wolf power she didn’t know about?

“Alright, ready to begin?” Yongguk shouted, drawing everyone’s attention. When no one said anything, just centered their attention on him, he continued. “Good. While these daily training sessions are mainly for Misun’s benefit, I will do my best to include things that could help you non-fairies.”

I suppose ‘non-fairies’ was nicer than always calling them wolves, Misun thought with a thoughtful expression.

“You can use this as a learning experience. Learn more about Faye kind I mean,” Daehyun added from the side lines near Chanyeol and D.O.

Yongguk nodded, and then looked toward Zelo who also stood at the head of the group. The fairy King clasped his hands behind his back and raised his chin proudly, “There are three main methods in a fairy’s arsenal. The body, the mind, and the soul. The body is all hand to hand combat which mainly young Faye uses for lack of magical knowledge. The mind is controlling our natural ability to influence and in some cases mesmerize others; it’s very similar to a Vampires mind control. Lastly is the soul; the soul is where all magical beings magic actually comes from. It’s where a fairy’s main magic and secondary’s are developed, and it is where our wings form from. It is the very pinnacle of our fairy nature, and because of this it is the hardest to master. That is why we will be training in order of body, mind, and soul.”

“And since this is a crash course,” Yongguk added, “We will be compacting these lessons that would take any normal fairy decades to understand, let alone master.”

“So, Misun’s supposed to learn all that in just a few weeks?” Chanyeol asked confused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter