XXI

The Sun, The Moon, and The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IFeels So Cold

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvhKfasRlaM&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2aiMhvFwtmLOyRCfr3MkPPxB

“Are sure about this Misun?” Zelo asks. I swallowed to moisten my mouth, but nodded. “Yes, I’m sure. Why? Are trying to talk me out of it now?” He laughed lowly but shook his head. “It is not that. That is the last thing I would do. But, I can feel your sadness. It radiates off your entire being. I do not think it is just the wolves that are attracted to you. I think something about them also pulls you to their side. Maybe it is that their inner animal happens to be your animal soul mate. Maybe not.”

I had no answer to that. If he was even asking anything. What was I supposed to say? That yes, I do want to be by their side. That since the day I first laid eyes on them in their wolf forms I felt like I was meant to know them. That even though today was only the second time I officially met all of them, my heart aches at leaving. That even though I want to hate them because of what their kind did to my mother, a small part of me wants to stay with them in this forest always and say screw it to the rest of the world.

I can’t do that though. It makes no sense for me to be feeling that way. Thinking those things. Who are they to me? Who is he to me? No one, that’s who.

But Zelo, my mother’s supposed best friend. Doesn’t that make him practically family? Why do I also want to be by his side too? Why do I so badly want to know if he is still in love with my mother? Why do I feel so cliché and clingy?

Aish, this is making my head hurt. Clutching my temple in annoyance, I attempt to block out all thoughts and just follow the fairy in front of me. The fairy man with shoulders so broad, and height so tall that he is practically blocking out all the moon light.

It also makes me wonder though. How much does my father know? If anything. Has he kept me in the dark all these years or has he also been blind and deaf to the real world that surrounds us. The world that my mother was a part of.

I have so many questions. I won’t just let you off appa. I’m going to get the answers I want. Just you wait.

 

Sehun’s POV

Anxious doesn’t even begin to describe me. All I can do to keep from running after her is to pace up and down the house. Much to the distaste of my pack. I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve asked me to stop.

I know they are nervous too. That they are antsy to bring Misun back and tie her to a chair to keep her from leaving. Even if they won’t admit it.

Why else would they have gone to see her every day she worked? Why let her ‘study’ us so continuously. How did that in anyway benefit our pack? I know at first it was curiousness to her alluring scent, but that can’t have been all. They must see what I see. See that she’s special. That she belongs with us.

I can’t just be me that feels this. I can’t be the only one that feels stronger when she is near. That feels happier.

“Will you stop it already? You’re getting on my dammed nerves,” Kai snapped, for the fifth time since she left. Somehow, I think her leaving has made him even grouchier than when she had arrived in Kris’ arms.

“Just let him be. We’re all a little strung up after what just happened,” D.O. defends. Not that I need it.

Baekhyun is the next to pipe up. “Yeah, the fairy’s story was a bit surprising. To think that our little ethologist is practically fairy royalty! I did not see that one coming at all.”

“Our?” Tao asks with a raised eyebrow and a grimace. Baek turned a slight pink color then stuttered out, “Y-you know what I mean. Even if we haven’t talked much to her while in our human form, we still hung out a lot. We saw her practically every day. I don’t know about you guys, but I kind of started to see her as a friend. Or a potential one anyway.”

Suho released a heavy sigh, “I did too, but you guys saw the way she looked at us before she left. She obviously doesn’t see us as friends. Finding out that her mother was killed by werewolves-“

“Maybe…maybe killed by werewolves,” Kris interrupts. “What? I thought you didn’t like her. Isn’t that why you ran her off the first time she was here?” Suho asks confused.

Kris reddened and let out a gruff grunt. “Yeah well…that’s before a vampire tried to kill her. I just don’t want to see her get hurt, and I don’t really like being hated for something that ‘maybe’ has something to do with me.”

“Then should we go talk to her? If not to make her stay, then to convince her to not hate us for something tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter