「review」┋ channicki

` ✼ exotic grounds — reviews gallery

 

 


 True Happiness )
———by channicki———————————————————————————————
 

Title: 3/5

‘True Happiness?’ I’m sorry, but it doesn’t really stand out to me. I see how it relates to the story, but oh, I don’t know, it just doesn’t really make me want to read it. It’s more of a fifty-fifty chance for me.

Foreword/Description: 5/10

It’s very angst-y sounding. It made me awfully curious as to what happened to the Taoris couple. The part in the description that said ‘including Hyuna’s, my parents, and half my kingdom,’ I was like ‘Oh shoot! I smell an arranged marriage between Kris and Hyuna. I know why my baby Tao left him!’ But I could be completely wrong…

Anyway, your description is more of a foreword than any, and your foreword itself isn’t really a foreword. I’m pretty sure I don’t have to explain the difference between the two for you (since this is the second… no, wait, I think it’s the third story of yours that I reviewed) 

Appearance: 4/5

No poster of background, which is alright, but I highly suggest you up the font size a bit. I was straining my eyes, trying to the read this.

Plot: 13/15

So, wait… Kris didn’t know Tao was the prince of Qingdao?! Okay, like woah. When everything started making sense to Kris, I was like ‘Oh shoot!’ I totally didn’t see the whole Tao being a lost prince thing… I think I’m just super slow, though, but man, you should’ve have seen my reaction during that scene.

Any who, the plot was genius. A bit cliché, but you definitely made it your own. I didn’t expect Tao to live. And I did get a little teary eyed when Luhan didn’t make it.

I didn’t really get why Qingdao was fighting against Changsha. Was it over territory and resources? Maybe a chapter explaining the background for each kingdom would have helped clarify certain matters related to the plot.

Originality: 10/15

It seems pretty original to me. I haven’t come across a story where majority of setting takes place on the battlefield. However, it’s not the first time I’ve read a story about two kingdoms at war with each other, but the rulers were in love with one another.

Grammar/Spelling: 19/20

Overall, your grammar and spelling was practically perfect, just one thing kept irking me while I was reading.

Original: “Send the general of the army to me this instant.” Kris commanded.
Suggestion: “Send the general of the army to me this instant,” Kris commanded.

It’s small, but during conversations, either a comma, ellipsis, question mark, or an exclamation goes at the end if you’re stating who said it, not a period.  

Characterization: 10/10

It was such a short story, but you portrayed the characters so well. I felt the emotional surge that went through Tao after watching Luhan die in his arms. I felt a surge of anger just like Tao when he went on a killing rampage.

I was able to picture everything clearly, the characters, the settings, the scene. It was a clear picture in my head.

Flow: 9/10

Even though it’s been four years since Kris has seen Tao, he could’ve had some restraint. I mean, the Tao just got stabbed by Kris a couple of days or so ago.

The flow was great, though. The fast pace of it really fit the battlefield scene. My heart beat quickened as I read the chapters relating to the battle. I felt like I was watching a movie. I was on the edge of my seat (or well, in my case, the bed), trying to predict what was going to happen to my baby Tao.

Overall Enjoyment: 8/10

D’aww, the ending was so sweet. It was just overflowing with fluff. I’m so happy that Tao and Kris got to be together in the end, their kingdoms finally coming together in unity. In the beginning, I wasn’t really into the story; it was a little boring. But I really enjoyed it by chapter three. 

Total: 81/100

reviewer's note: Oh ho, ho, ho! I was right about the marriage between Hyuna and Kris! What made Tao leave, though? Kris’ marriage to Hyuna or Tao wanting to reclaim his rightful place as Prince ZiTao of Qingdao? Wait, why was he even with Kris in the first place if he was prince from another country? 

——reviewed by kakurine039——