HEAVEN ON EARTH.

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed”

We’re crossing seas and going from one island to another. I can compare this to how our lives are going now. Ishi and I have crossed all barrier lines just to be together and now, we’re going from point A to point B to explore and discover new things on how we can make our partnership much stronger. This whole “start anew” thing is really working for us and I can’t be much happier.

From the beautiful gardens and beaches of Barbados, we head to The Bahamas for our next stop. This whole Caribbean adventure just popped out from nowhere one day and here we are, enjoying every second of it. Yes, I know that my wife has planned a good trip to Fiji Islands and I should’ve just stick with it, but I’ve got better plans for her and I’ll make sure that this vacation will be the most memorable of all.

                                                                                              

 

                         

 

“This is so…….hard!” Ishi is giving her best in opening a bottle of coke with only a spoon.

My lovely wife is imitating the guy next to our table and I’m telling you, it was hilarious! She’s not quitting it until she succeeds.

“AISH!” I grabbed the bottle out of annoyance and opened it for her.

“There” I placed it in front of her and she gave out a pout.

“I’m close to opening it….why do you have to interrupt?” she asked, making me smirk.

Once this girl is attacked by craziness, it’s going to stay with her till the end “Yaaa…you’re battling over a bottle of coke with a spoon…it’s taking you forever…just eat” I told her and she sighed heavily.

Athena cracked up in laughter upon seeing her mother sulking “Aigoo…Omma….you better ask that ajhussi on how he do it so that you’ll not be curious anymore” as expected, our daughter is injecting crazy ideas to her crazy mother once again.

These two are like cat and mouse, but when it comes to being random and crazy, they’re good partners. I don’t know, but I guess, the saying “like mother, like daughter” really applies to them even if they won’t admit it.

“Appa…can we go swimming after lunch?” Athena asked while chewing a chunk of steak.

I wiped the grease around with a tissue and received a smile from her “Sure…but we have to rest for a while first before hitting the beach once again” I agreed and she clapped in glee.

I don’t know how will I pull it out, but I’m so tan already and I have a feeling that it’ll be much visible as our trip goes by. We’re just in its second leg and by its fourth leg, which is Jamaica, I’m picturing us with perfect dark tan already.

“What do you guys want to do after the beach? Do you want to go caving again?” I asked and my girls seem to not like the idea for I just received blank expressions from them.

“Oppa…we already did that in Barbados and I’m telling you…I won’t go in a cave again” Ishi said and I can’t hold my laughter for I’m reminded by something really funny.

Days ago in Barbados, we went caving at Harrison’s cave and Ishi freaked out because of the bats. She was ecstatic at first for she’s seeing a lot of interesting rock formations and when a bat pooped on her, she squealed like there’s no tomorrow, causing everyone to panic. It was embarrassing, but so damn funny. That was the first time that I saw my wife went red in shame in just a split second.

“Kwon Jiyong…I know that you’re dying to laugh already…go ahead…laugh all you want” she looks so pissed and I reached for her hand and squeezed it.

“Look at this woman....do I look like I’m holding my laughter?” I asked then looked at Athena who is biting her lip hard to hold her laugh as well.

Ishi looked at me then to Athena “Can’t we just forget it? I mean….that bat thing nearly killed the hell out of me” she said and we burst out laughing.

“Omma…it’s so funny! You almost jumped out of that tram because of fear and panic” Athena is laughing like crazy and in high pitch.

“Good thing I was able to hold her” my daughter and I exchanged high fives and continued laughing.

“Whatever! I’m going in now…I’ve lost my appetite” Ishi stood up from her seat and walked out of the hotel restaurant.

“ooppssie….we’ve gone too far Appa” Athena cupped with her hand and giggled.

“Ah! Munchkin…do you want to make it up to Omma?” I asked and she leaned in the table and nod in agreement.

“Shoot it Kwon Jiyong!” she is speaking like Eun hee and it’s driving me nuts. I just wish that she will not ask me “is it a yay or a nay?” coz if she ever asks me that, I’ll definitely go crazy.

I’ve never done anything special to my wife yet for I don’t have much time to plan it and I think, now is the right time to make her world go round again. I want to make her happy because she’s a little down with the baby thing that came up days ago.

I don’t know, but we’ve already buried our hopes of having another baby six feet underground already and here she is, digging it up once again. Well, Athena is the one who brought it up, but I really think and believe that we shouldn’t give much attention to it anymore for I don’t want to try and risk again. You can call me a douche for giving up, but I can’t go through the pain of having to decide on who to pick, if it’s my wife or the baby. I’ve done a research months ago and it says there that her situation is really risky and it has huge possibilities that her pregnancy will lead to death. That’s why from that moment on, I already brushed off the thought of trying again.

“I want it to be really romantic” I told the concierge.

“Alright sir…we’ll do everything on your list….you can trust us with this” he said and I gave him a smile and took a deep breath.

I’m not familiar with the place, so I asked help from the hotel to make my plans possible and they are such good people for they’ll take care of everything for me. All Athena and I will do now is take Ishi out for her not to have even a bit of a clue on what’s waiting for her later this evening.

And because we are at The Bahamas, we can’t let a day end without going to the beach. We’ve been here for three days already and have swum and visited two beaches already. Right now we are at the Andros Island and I’m telling you, this is paradise.

“Aigoo” I plopped myself beside Ishi in bed and wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Let’s go out and swim baby” I whispered in her ear and

Please log in to read the full chapter