SUPERDAD!

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“We are not defined by the family into which we are born, but the one we choose and create. We are not born, we become”

####################################################################################################

                               {Ishi Shin-Kwon is finally back!}

 The past year has been a blast for Ishi because she had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. She together with husband, G-dragon decided to lay low on their careers first to give time to their daughter. Months ago, G-dragon started being active again with the release of Big bang’s album and his solo album as well. According to the couple, someone has to work for the family and as the man, the singer/songwriter is the one who should do that. But now, after a year off from the entertainment industry, the “soul diva” is finally back.

“Ishi worked day and night for her album” said a JYP representative. “She juggled motherhood and recording for six straight months…we don’t know how she does it…but she handled it so well”

How is this album different from others?

“Most of the songs are written by Ishi…this album became possible with the help of so many people….G-dragon also take part in this…he produced two songs for his wife and wrote one song for her as well...Ishi went out of her comfort zone...there are songs with a rock feel in it…she worked with a live band as well”

Is her image going to be the same?

“Yes…she’ll still be the y/chic diva…at first…we were thinking of changing her image for she’s a wife and a mother already…but Ishi and G-dragon are the ones who personally told us that there’s no need to change…after all…Ishi knows her limitations…she can dress ily but with decency like before”

Is this album going to be released internationally?

“It will…yes…JYP Sajangnim and Ishi sat down and talked seriously about this”

What will be the arrangements for this? Is she going to promote internationally as well?

“She will go out in music shows and variety’s here like usual…and she’ll be having a fanmeeting and album launch in America…talks about her first concert are being finalized as well”

She’s so packed for the whole year, how will she be able to handle it and motherhood?

“Ishi is really a superwoman….seriously…she is…that girl can juggle many things at the same time…but of course…her wife and mother duties are much important to her…the reason why she’s not going to promote much in America is because she doesn’t want to be away from her family for a long time…a week away from them is fine but a month is going to make her insane already” the representative answered and laughed.

It was also said that Ishi Shin-Kwon is going back on the runway once again. She'll be at the Seoul Fashion Week as Naven’s finale model. For sure, Ishi Shin-Kwon is going to rock the industry again.

######################################################################################################

 

Hectic schedules and sleepless nights are becoming normal to me and my wife once again. I’m going to be on an Asian tour with Big Bang and we are in the middle of rehearsals for the first leg. Ishi on the other hand is modeling and preparing for her comeback as well. My wife has worked day and night just to finish her comeback album and I’m one proud husband for she was able to juggle me, Athena and her work all at the same time. It sure is tiring, but she was able to handle it so well. Of course, I’m always behind her for support.

I must admit, things are harder now than before. Athena is growing up so fast. She knows how to walk already and she’s a handful because her walk means run. I don’t know, but I think my daughter is so much like me. She’s as hyped and bubbly. Omma is always reminded of me as a kid whenever she looks at her granddaughter.

“Aigoo…there she goes again” Omma said the moment Athena got out of the couch.

“Little girl…be careful…don’t run too much!” I said while watching her run around the living room.

“She’s really growing up so fast” Omma said and I sighed.

“She is and I’m not good with it at all” I told her and she looked at me curiously.

“Why is that?” she asked.

“I don’t know Omma…but I feel like…once she grows up…our closeness will not be there anymore…I mean…our bond won’t be the same” I answered and she smirked.

“Aigoo…it’s not like that Jiyong-ah…your daughter will forever be your partner in crime…nothing will change between the two of you even if she’s thirty already…well…maybe…some things will change…but her love for you will remain” she comforted and it made me smile.

For the past six months, Athena and I have bonded like crazy. Well, she doesn’t have a choice but to be with me for her mother is so busy recording. It’s not easy at first for she’s so used being with Ishi but as time passed by, she became comfortable to me as well. There are times when I’ll just find myself playing tea party with her. It is crazy and totally out of my comfort zone, but for my daughter, I’ll do everything.

“Is Ishi still sleeping?” Omma asked while playing with Athena on the floor.

“Yes Omma…she went home only a few hours ago” I answered and she sighed.

“She’s working so hard once again and it’s taking the best out of her…Jiyong…do you really think that letting her go back is a good thing?” she asked and it really made me think.

As a matter of fact, I have the same question in mind as well. A year ago, Ishi and I sat down and talked about our plans for our careers after becoming parents and we have agreed upon continuing it. Of course, mine is a no brainer for if there’s someone who needs to work for our family, it is me, but in her case, I let her decide for herself. She really thought about this decision so well and I’m all good with it for I know that her career is really important to her.

“I don’t know Omma…there’s a part of me saying that letting her go back to the music industry is a good thing and there’s a part saying that it’s not” I finally answered.

“Son…I think…it’s just fine for her to work again…but not this much…she’s filled with a lot of things once again and motherhood alone is a big thing already…yes…she’s not neglecting you and Athena…but if this goes on…she will surely go in ruins for being a mother and a wife doesn’t go well with being a celebrity…these two worlds doesn’t blend so well…and I know you guys know that” she said and I nod my head in agreement.

“I guess…I have to talk to her about limitations…you’re right Omma…she will surely go in ruins once things started pouring all at the same time” I agreed and sighed.

In all fairness to my wife, she never forgets her duties at all. I’m telling you, she’s still doing the same things that she does around the house. She prepares meals, take care of Athena and play with her and attend to my needs as well. The moment her eyes open, she’ll think of Athena’s breakfast right away and will even help me prepare for work. And whenever she goes home a little early, she’ll play with our daughter and cradle her to sleep and then talk with me ti

Please log in to read the full chapter