PARTNERS IN CRIME.

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“The best thing a girl can be is a good wife and mother. It is a girl’s highest calling. I hope I am ready”

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

This is crazy. Why does my alarm have to ring now?

I grabbed my phone lazily on the side table “Alright! Fine! Stop now!” I said and dropped it beside me.

I’ve been like this for a week already and up until now, I’m not yet used to it. I don’t know if my body clock is just so ed up or I’m just so lazy to get up in the morning.

I sat up, looked at my husband who is sleeping soundly beside me and stared at him for a couple of minutes, then when I had enough of his lovely sleeping face, I got out of bed and head to our daughter’s room already.

Waking her up is going to be a challenge once again and I’m praying to God and all the saints in heaven to help me. Well, she’s always cranky in the morning and I know so well that it shouldn’t be like that.

It seems like Athena already know that I’m going to wake her up for she covered herself with duvet already.

“Beautiful…wake up now” I opened the blinds and the sun lit up the room.

“C’mon now Athena Hera….you need to get up now coz you’re gonna be late again” I sat beside her and pulled the duvet down.

“Five minutes Omma” she muttered and all I can do is sigh.

“Alright….five minutes” I said and just stared at her while waiting.

I started waking her up again after five minutes but she’s not even moving an inch nor opening an eye “Get up now...we only have an hour and a half to prepare…c’mon” I tried carrying her like what G-dragon do every time but I can’t for she’s too heavy for me already.

“One minute” she said and buried her face on the pillow.

“One minute? Yaaa….how can you even sleep for one minute? Aigoo….get up now….please” I almost got down to my knees and begged her.

Athena finally woke up after fifteen minutes and I’m telling you, this is so stressful. Well, I didn’t even bother to disturb G-dragon from his sleep for he just got home a few hours ago from rehearsals. The man of our house has been working his off for his solo album.

“You gotta soap soap soap” I said while soaping Athena, making her giggle.

“Omma…where is Appa?” she asked.

“He’s still sleeping beautiful…Appa just got home a few hours ago” I answered and she gave a pout.

“Omma” she called, making me look at her “Why aren’t you leaving the house anymore? I’ve noticed that you’re always here already…I don’t see Uncle Eon too….did you two fight?” she asked innocently and I pinched her cheeks.

My daughter knows nothing about my retirement and her being curious as to why I’m always at home is just normal.

“Beautiful…Omma will not work anymore…I’ll just stay here and take care of you and Appa…and...Uncle Eon and I didn’t fight...he’s just busy that’s why he can’t visit us yet” I smiled at her and her face suddenly lit up.

“Really Omma? You’re not going to work anymore? That means you’ll be here with me every day?” she asked excitedly and I nod.

She hugged me by the neck with her arms full of foam and even kissed me on the cheek “Aigoo” I said and felt so happy.

I can see in my daughter’s eyes that she’s really in high heavens upon hearing what I said and it made me so happy. Up until now, I still can’t believe that I’m a full time housewife and mother already. I do miss my work, but I know in time, I’ll be able to let go of it fully as well.

After bathing Athena, our dress debate started once again. She wants to wear pants, while I’m pushing her to wear a skirt. It has always been like this and I must say I always lose.

“Omma…I don’t want to wear a skirt...it’s so uncomfortable” she whined.

“Beautiful…you have worn pants for a whole week already…can’t you give this day to Omma? Please?” I begged and she sighed.

This is the second time that I begged my daughter and it’s just so insane. Yes, I know that there’s nothing bad in wearing pants, but I really want her to learn how to wear a skirt as well for it looks good on her and it’s much classier as well.

“OH! What’s with the face?” G-dragon asked when Athena passed by him in the living room.

“You’re already awake…it’s still early” I gave him a hug and I received a kiss on the temple.

“I suddenly woke up” he answered and followed our daughter with his eyes “What’s with her?” he asked curiously and I gave out a sigh.

“Well…if you haven’t noticed…she’s wearing a skirt” I answered and he chuckled.

“This is a miracle” he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

“I begged her to wear it and of course…she can’t say no” I told him and he smirked.

“Aigoo…why do you keep on pushing her to wear a skirt baby? I mean…if you can still remember…you are like her as well before…your everyday outfit is a tank top or a t-shirt and pants” he said and I sighed heavily.

Yes. I know that shirts and pants are my staple before. I actually don’t have a choice but to wear them for during that time, I only have six shirts and two pants as my wardrobe. And in Athena’s case, she’s got a lot of choices for she has a room full of beautiful clothes. I just want our daughter to wear all of them while it still fits on her.

                                                        

 

Athena finally let go of her skirt issues in the middle of breakfast for she keeps on talking about her classmates and even her teachers. According to her, some of her friends’ mothers went to my farewell concert last week and she feels so proud.

“Appa…my teacher told us to bring a picture of our Appas today and I don’t have one yet” she said with maple syrup all over .

“OH! Appa got lots of them…all you have to do is choose...all our photo albums are in the library…right baby?” G-dragon looked at me and I gave a nod.

“I’ll give you one after breakfast beautiful” I told her.

“Can I choose?” she asked and I smiled at her then nod.

“YES! I’ll go to the library now” she stood up and ran to the library.

“Did she even know where those albums are?” I asked and G-dragon chuckled.

And because of that, my wonderful breakfast was cut short for I went to check on Athena in the library. Lo and behold, she’s got three thick photo albums on the table already when I arrived.

“Have you chosen one already beautiful?” I asked and she looked at me with a suspicious smile on her face.

“Can I see it?” I asked and she gave it to me then giggled.

“Aigoo” I said and can’t help but laugh.

Athena is really a playful child and I actually thought that I’m always her favorite target, but it seems like the wind has blown differently for she’s playing around G-dragon this time. The picture that our daughter picked was just so hilarious that I can’t get over it at all. I’m pretty sure that her teacher will go nuts once she sees it.

“Have you chosen already?” G-dragon asked upon seeing us.

“Yes Appa” Athena answered then looked at me with a smile on her face.

“Alright…let’s go now” G-dragon grabbed the car keys and went out of the house already.

“My teacher and classmates will really love this picture” Athena said and giggled.

“Put it in your bag now and let’s go…I’m telling you beautiful…once your Appa sees that…he will surely go crazy” I told her and we just laughed our assess off.

I can say that I’m closer and more bonded to Athena now than before. She’s very much comfortable to me already and she opens up without being awkward anymore. This is really what I want and I’m praying for our relationship to be this way till she grows up.

                                             

Please log in to read the full chapter