YOU GOTTA KEEP IT BURNING.

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end”

Years have passed by and a lot of changes were made. We grew individually and as a couple. We learned things together and we are still discovering a lot as time goes by. I don’t know how this relationship last this long, but if there’s one thing I’m sure of, it is our love for each other that never brought us down. Yes, we fight, we do stupid things and immaturity hits us once in a while, but at the end of the day, it’s still me and her and our love for each other. Most men will tell me “If you’re over ten years already, will surely happen and when it gets rough, leave”. But I’m not one of these men. I will not leave just because something bad happened. Hence, I’ll stick with my wife till the end and figure things out with her. You may call me a hypocrite or a totally insane person, but my marriage and relationship with my wife is more than what others think it is. If for them, there’s still a possibility for us to break, for me, this thing we have will last till whenever.

“Appa! Appa! Come! Quick!” Athena grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to the living room.

“What is going on?” I asked and she blasted the volume of the television.

“Aigoo” I said and sat beside her on the couch.

As usual, she’s watching a WWE wrestling match once again and she wanted me to watch it with her. Yes, this is usual and it’s really my daughter who loves the show. It started when she was left with Youngbae and Seungri at the YG lounge and it happens that the two stumbled upon a wrestling match on television and got so into it. It’s a bit weird actually, for they are not fans of wrestling at all.

“Munchkin” I called after a few minutes “Why do you love this show so much?” I asked and she crawled towards me at the end of the couch and sat on my lap.

“Appa…they are good in fighting and they are so strong” she answered and I sighed.

“But this show isn’t for girls…actually…this is not for you at all” I told her and she gave out a pout.

“But….there are girls who fight as well” she defended and I smiled at her.

“Yes…I know” I said and we just stared at each other “AISH! Fine…it’s alright for you to watch this …BUT…you have to keep in mind that this is not real…they are not fighting at all…these people are professionals and they are just acting…you are not allowed to do body slams or stone cold stunner moves” I said and she giggled.

“I know that Appa…but Uncle Seungri and Uncle Youngbae always demonstrate some moves….thing is…Po is always the one who gets hurt” she said and it cracked me up, big time.

“PO” is the nickname that she has given to maknae. He’s the lead character in Kung fu panda. As a matter of fact, she has named every people in YG and they never fail to crack us all up.

“Do you even know those people?” I asked curiously and she smiled at me as if saying “Don’t you ever underestimate me coz you’ll definitely eat some in the end”.

“Of course Appa! I always watch this” she answered and all I can do is nod my head.

“Who’s your favorite out of all of them?” I asked and she started thinking.

“hmmm” she said while tapping her index finger on her temple.

“I’ll go with John Cena…Sheamus…Triple H…and…..Undertaker” she answered and I just can’t believe what I’ve just heard.

Athena is really an intelligent girl and she’s not like your typical five year old who only cares about playing. She is really mature for her age and I guess this is the result of always being around adults. All she can talk to are people who are not even close to her age bracket and whenever we let her play with kids, she always gets bored and ends up hanging out with us instead.

“What are you two doing?” Ishi walked in the living room with a bright smile on her face.

“DING!” I said and she sighed heavily.

“You’re watching a wrestling match once again” she said and I pointed at our daughter who is giving her widest smile to her mother just to not get scolded.

“Seriously Athena…you should stop all this” she said with her arms crossed across her chest.

“Omma…Appa told me that it’s just fine” Athena defended and my wife glared at me.

“Kwon Jiyong….follow me to the kitchen please…I’m just going to talk to you for a minute” she said and walked to the kitchen.

These are the moments wherein I wish that she’ll just let things be. But I guess she can’t let this issue pass for it really is a bit disturbing and I know so well that she doesn’t want to have a boy out of her baby girl.

“What is it baby?” I wrapped my arms around her waist and leaned my forehead on hers.

“Oppa…this can’t go on anymore….our daughter is becoming a diehard wrestling fan already and it’s just not right” she told me and I cupped her face with both hands.

“Baby…I know that this is a bit off….but…she’s still a kid…and these awkward and unexpected interests really comes out…look….this won’t affect her being at all…I’ve explained to her that what she’s seeing is not true and that she doesn’t have to imitate what they’re doing…don’t worry…I’ll try to get her mind off of it…just give me some time” I told her and she sighed.

“Her being boyish is fine with me….but her wanting to be a wrestler will surely be the end of me…I’m telling you” she said and it made me laugh like crazy.

“If Athena started to get muscles that are bigger than my head and harder than my bones…I’ll definitely go insane” I said and she laughed.

 In all fairness to my wife, she’s really easy to talk to. Well, she has been like this even before but when it comes to our daughter, she’s really firm with her decisions and once she gives an order, you have to do it or else, she’ll end up nagging. Athena moving and actling like a boy really disturbs and annoys her, but because she knows that she can’t do anything about it for now, she’s just letting things be for she know so well that our daughter will still change as she grows older.

“Oppa” she called while making breakfast.

“mmmm?”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” she asked and stared at me.

“Huh?” I asked and she just stayed silent.

Today is our eight wedding anniversary. Well, it’s supposed to be our ninth, but because our first year in marriage didn’t go well at all, we just decided to scratch it off.

“Alright…stop fooling around” she said and I pretended that I really know nothing.

“Are you serious?” she asked and I just stared at her “Oh you are!” she said and turned her back at me.

I have wonderful plans for our anniversary and it will be made possible later this afternoon. Up until now, I’m still into surprises and my two girls really love it whenever I do something to them. I don’t know, but it already became a staple and I know so well that my little or big surprises make my family so happy.

“I’m just going to check Athena…alright?” I hugged her from the back and kissed her nape.

“Whatever” she answered coldly, making me smile.

It seems like up until now she’s not used to me, playing innocent in our special days. Oh well, I’m all cool with that coz once she speculates that something is happening behind her back

Please log in to read the full chapter