THE END OF ME.

LOVE.LIFE. ETERNITY (Book of Love 2)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Without trust, words become the hollow sound of a wooden gong. With trust, words become life itself”

Not being trusted by your own wife really . I’m not expecting this at all. I actually thought that she can’t be shaken anymore. Fine, I did a bold action, but I did it out of consciousness. She knows me more than anyone else and she knows so well that I cannot even cheat on her.

Last night was the crappiest night of my life. It was supposed to be a fun night for all of us, especially to Ishi for it’s our first time in a long time to go clubbing together and just enjoy each other, but happened and it brought us in a mess once again.

“OH! You made it!” Seungri welcomed his visitors.

Our maknae told us that some of his friends are stopping by and we agreed for them to join us because we are friends to them as well, but not as close as him. Hyun Seung, a former member of ours is there too, and I’m really happy for we get to catch up on each other after a long time.

“Where are the others?” Seungri asked Hara, who is a very good friend of his.

“There they are!” she pointed at the girls who are walking in the room.

“OH!” I gasped upon seeing an old friend.

Well, she is a friend and we were pretty close before, but after being rumored to be dating, we kinda distanced ourselves to each other. This night is like a mini reunion of old friends and I’m excited to introduce my wife to them.

“OMO OPPA!” she came to me right away and gave me a hug.

“Aigoo…you look good…how are you?” I asked and offered her the space beside me.

“I’m good…still working” she answered with a smile on her face.

She’s a bubbly dongsaeng and I still can remember her being so awkward to me before when we worked together in an MV years ago. We got close there and from that day on, we talk over the phone once in a while. I’m lost during that time for Ishi had just left for the States to train for JYP Entertainment and I’m totally heartbroken. No. We didn’t date at all for I cannot even bring myself to love another person during that time and even if I want to give dating another shot, I can’t for all I can think about is Ishi and it’s gonna be unfair for the other woman if I’m just going to use her as rebound.

Our talk was cut short for I want to catch up on everybody, but when the boys got a little wild and decided to have a drinking competition, I said pass for I don’t want to drink that much coz I don’t want to give my wife a hard time getting me home. Not only that, I really want to enjoy this night partying with her while sober.

“How’s your wife Oppa?” she asked all of a sudden.

It was pretty boring and I can see that she is getting bored as well. I don’t know, but talking to her is a bit hard for I’m afraid that my wife will walk in and misunderstand everything. Yes, Ishi is not the type of girl who’ll get jealous right away, but she can go nuts as well and when that happens, it’s not gonna be good at all.

“She’s outside…dancing with her friends” I answered, but she can’t hear me so she scooted closer to me.

The music is so loud and talking is really hard. I’m staying distant as much as possible, but because I’m not doing anything aside from drinking and smoking, I just decided to chat with her to somewhat catch up with each other’s lives as well. I’m confident that Ishi wouldn’t put any meaning to this.

“I was about to watch her farewell concert months ago but I wasn’t able to fix my schedule…I feel really bad coz I’m a fan of hers” she said, almost shouting just for me to get each words clear.

“aaahhh….the concert was fun….too bad you wasn’t able to come” I moved closer to her so that we don’t have to shout at each other anymore.

We are only a few inches away from each other and I know that this is critical already. Oh well, we’re not doing anything bad anyway.

The awkwardness faded in thin air after minutes of talking and we are reminiscing the days that we’re still close. She talked about work and how their album is coming to shape little by little. I’m proud of her for she wrote a song for her group. It has been a long dream of hers to produce even one song for the group and it was granted already. In my case, I just can’t stop from talking about my wife and daughter. She’s really fond of Ishi and Athena’s crazy attacks and randomness that she can’t get over the whole bad curly hair day of the two.

“I woke up just to see their hairs badly curled…I’m telling you….it’s a total mess but my daughter was able to go to school with that hair and even bragged after according to her…her classmates really love it” I told her and she just keep on laughing.

“Ishi is really a good mother…huh?” she asked and a smile appeared on my face automatically.

“Yes…she is…she’s beyond good actually….ever since she retired…she became so hands on with everything in the house…if before I’m the one who always do things here and there…now…she’s the one doing that and I can’t be more proud…she’s a wonderful woman” I sound so proud and I will brag about her as long as I want for she has the right to be bragged about.

“She’s lucky to have you Oppa….I can see that you’re a good husband and father as well” she looked straight into my eyes and it felt a little awkward.

“Thank you….well…you know…in a relationship…both of you are lucky to have each other….because both of you are doing everything just to make each other happy and contented…aigoo…why are we so serious?” I chuckled and got shocked when I noticed that her hand is resting on my thigh.

At that point, all I want to do is excuse myself from her, but it would be very rude so I just let it be and pray that she would notice her hand.

It seems like Ishi and her friends are having the time of their lives on the dance floor for they’re not back yet. They’ve been there for half an hour already. I have a feeling that my wife is a bit drunk as well for I’m sure that they keep on drinking while dancing.

Her hand just stayed there and as time passed by, I didn’t give a damn on it anymore “Aigoo…I’m a bit dizzy already”.

She’s already dizzy but she drank another glass “Put this down now” I reached for the glass in her hand and put it down on the table.

“Aigoo” I said and she chuckled.

“I’m just dizzy….trust me…I’m still sober” she gave me a pat on the cheek, making me more awkward.

She must be drunk for she’s becoming touchy already “I think you should go home now” I told her and she shook her head.

“The night is still young Oppa and none of them are going home yet…I don’t want to be a party pooper you know” she said and grabbed another glass from the table.

“Seriously…you should stop now” I got the glass from her and sighed.

I can’t stop her from drinking so I just let her be. We talked about anything and everything under the sun. She’s becoming random as well and from there, I know that the alcohol is already kicking in.

“Jiyong” TOP hyung called and when I looked at him, he looked straight.

Ishi, Eun hee, Dong min are back and they are formed in a circle like they’re having a meeting or something. I’m doomed and all I want is to explain right away but I can’t even move an inch.

I’m stoned. I don’t know what to do. Luckily, she moved away from me “You can sit here” she told my wife who looks like she’s about to blow already.

“No…I’m fine….I’ll just squeeze myself here” the moment she said this, I know that I’m into something intense later. My heart started beating so fast that I can’t even keep up with it.

All I can do is look at her and hope that she’s getting what I want to say. I’m not doing anything wrong. Well yes, we’re sitting close to each other and her hand is on my thigh but it doesn’t mean anything at all.

“Where are they going?” I asked Daniel upon seeing my wife standing up.

It seems like Ishi cannot take being in one room with her. Ishi’s heavy stares are really scary and if I were her, I would really be frightened by it. It’s obvious, my wife has misunderstood everything and from there, the wonderful and fun night that I’ve imagined is now ruined. Thanks to me and my carelessness.

“Oppa…I’m really sorry…I think she misunderstood us” she said right after Ishi and Eun hee disappeared.

“It’s all good…there’s nothing to worry about” I said and forced a smile.

Please log in to read the full chapter